• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Finished Crime & Punishment, Notes from Underground.. now reading The Possessed (all Dostoevsky)

I will probably read Madame Bovary next..

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Arabian Nights- the Sir Richard Burton translation. Nothing cooler than reading old stories and seeing how they fit into other folk tales and local histories, let alone how they parallel stories from other cultures! :holy:

yeah... I compulsively read fairy tales even as a "grown up" :doh:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Fragile Things. I love Neil Gaiman, even his introduction is amusing.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Dragon Ladyby Sterling Seagrave. About Tsu Tsi, last empress of China.

He puts her in historical perspective, systematically debunks the slanderous lies the English propagated about her to justify domination of China, and creates a fascinating world full of details about the last days of the final dynasty.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'm slowly making my way through The Wealth of Nations, right now, veeeeery slowly. It's a tough read. I'm sure I'll take many breaks from this one.

Usehername

On a mission
Just finished the first chapter of Chomsky's Necessary Illusions.

(Why haven't I noticed this thread before?)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mythologies by Roland Barthes

As well as, Smart Girls: A New Psychology of Girls, Women, & Giftedness by Barbara A. Kerr, Ph.D.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Rise of Endymion by Dan Simmons.

Woot. :nerd:

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm currently reading The Dice Man by George Cockcroft. I'm only 50 pages in and so far I'm finding it both intriguing and disturbing. However, I've just looked on wikipedia and it's supposed to be 'semi-comedic'. It's the story of a psychiatrist who decides to make decisions on his life by rolling dice. There's a lot of sexual content and controversial issues such as rape and murder :shock:

hiddengem

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Right how I am reading "How to Get the Love You Want." It's (obviously) a non-fiction relationship self-help book.

The last fiction book I read was "The Secret Life of Bees." It was an amazing book. I found myself crying buckets of tears a couple of times while I was reading it. It was a powerful story that I hope to get my 12 year-old daughter to read soon.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm trying to read Proust - again. I've just reread "How Proust can change your life" by Alain de Botton who I adore, I can't get enough of him. But I find Marcel a bit impenetrable.

Also "The secret life of poems" Tom Paulin. And "The Unconscious" Freud.

Don't read much fiction, and rarely just for entertainment. Just finished The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing and The House of Mirth, Edith Wharton. Both pretty bleak but worthwhile.