• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"There was once a young man who wished to gain his Heart's Desire."

― Neil Gaiman, Stardust

Deprecator

Yesterday I had read the first few chapters of Oliver Twist. Witty, profound and poetic... it really was a lot better than I expected. In hindsight I think that my prejudice might have been attributed to my dislike for Tail of Two Cities.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Legend, Myth and Magic in the image of the artist by Ernst Kris and Otto Kurz - its an essay written in the 1930s whch examines the links and similarities between legends of artists (from several cultures) and analyzes how the status of the artist is built throughout the years. Its quite interesting because it studies Art History from a psychological and sociological point of view

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3qIrdar.jpg

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'Excession', by Iain Banks, as well as 'The Stars Like Dust', by Asimov. Also finishing up a re-read of 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress', by Heinlein. Finished '1491' yesterday; it was very good but got a bit too detailed for my taste in a few spots.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Just finished reading "Fame: The Hijacking of Reality" by Justine Bateman. I know it's not a memoir but I'm still disappointed that there isn't a single Tina Yothers story in here; not only that, but she thanks Michael J. Fox twice in the acknowledgements but leaves out Yothers completely. :D

It's a good book, but she leaves out the answers to the 2 most important questions:

1. Justine: do you regret being an actress and how has fame affected your relationships with people?
2. Are you happy and what role has fame played in your happiness?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster by Adam Higginbotham. This book is terrifying and I just found out there is a mini series based on it coming to HBO.

Tengri

Alternating between Virginia Morell's Animal Wise and The Cloud Forest by Peter Matthiessen. I'm trying to take my time and savor the latter

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Getting close to finishing 'The Bostonians' by Henry James; also in the middle of 'Transition' by Iain Banks.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
“White Night” by Jim Butcher