• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Part way through a book of Scottish folktales. It's brilliant, you have to read the stories in a Scottish accent cos they're mostly in Scots and sound crap if you don't. So I've been practising :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance. My dad got it for me months ago. I should finish it. It's what they call "Possible to put down!" Good book, but it makes me restless.

BridgeCable

MBTI Type
INTJ
Books that I am reading

Right now I am reading the Book of Job...The entire book is a poem, I once heard, and I'm reading it in KJV, so its kinda difficult, but way cool and full of spiritual lessons..yay

I am also reading Non-violent Communication by Marshall Rosenburgh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Finished reading Enchantress of Florence a while ago... still plowing through Peoplewatching and Anti-Oedipus...

now reading Pupul Jayakar's biography of Krishnamurti and Dostoevsky's "Poor People".

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm in the middle of:

A wizard of earthsea
A Tale of Three
Please Understand Me (coincidentally)
The Tao of Pooh (bear)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Just finished Brothers Karamazof, and now I'm reading Crime and Punishment.

I'm also finishing up the Immoralist (I can charge through an 800 page book, but when it comes to an 125 page nobel prize winner, I get distracted! :laugh:)

Then I will read... Looking for Spinoza.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've a few on the go right now, I'm just finishign off Kate Morton's Forgotten Garden
Half way through Ian Banks A Song of Stone (which I wouldn't recommend)
Jst started Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann
1/3 of the way through Herodotus's book 1.
Half way through The Crimson Petal and the white (very average)
and part started The Devil in the Kitchen by Marco Pierre White....

I really should just read one at a time.....

Lis

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Ive also got a couple books on the rotation

Machiavelli- finished the prince reading his "discourses"
Crime and Punishment- just started
Looking for Spinoza - half way
Chindia - Half way

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I recently finished a biography on Alexander Hamilton. Chernow is a pretty good biographer, though I disagree with some of his political opinions that seep into his commentary. I'm now reading another of his biographies, this one on John D. Rockefeller.

14322163.JPG
Titan_JD_Rockefeller.jpg