• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

alicia91

In the last month I read:

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini (very good)
The Glass Castle - Jeanette Walls (very good)
The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards (yuck)

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Yo estoy leyendo:

Cronica de una muerte anunciada (Chronicle of a Death Foretold) por Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass (but it's slow going)
and I just finished reading another short story by Thomas Mann called Tonio Krueger, which I enjoyed. He's great, and thank god it's a great translation!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm reading

Journey to The Center of the Earth. (I like it)

Next I'm either Reading the Hobbit or beginning the Twilight Series.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Since I'm too lazy to go to the book store I've decided to read The Bluest Eye-Toni Morrison

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I enjoyed that one, prpl.

I seem to be on a run of young adult fiction. I read The Giver last week. I'm waiting for the other two in that series, Gathering Blue and Messenger, to arrive from Amazon Used. This week I'm reading Twilight, the first in a recent vampire teen novel series. I'm trying to get closer to my sister, but the book is surprisingly good.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sigh.

After having Book 1 on my shelf for 10 years, I finally gave up the fight...
... and started reading Harry Potter yesterday.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I enjoyed that one, prpl.

I seem to be on a run of young adult fiction. I read The Giver last week. I'm waiting for the other two in that series, Gathering Blue and Messenger, to arrive from Amazon Used. This week I'm reading Twilight, the first in a recent vampire teen novel series. I'm trying to get closer to my sister, but the book is surprisingly good.

I met someone whose reading the Twighlight series she even belongs to a group of people who dress up and play the parts of the characters. So I think I may read that next, it's defiently on my list of books to read. Ooh and I liked The Giver

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I met someone whose reading the Twighlight series she even belongs to a group of people who dress up and play the parts of the characters. So I think I may read that next, it's defiently on my list of books to read. Ooh and I liked The Giver

I'm taking my sister to a book release party for the latest Twilight book this Friday, so I figured I should have some idea of what it's all about. People get really into it, I think. My niece and sister-in-law are going to a goth prom where they live for the book release.

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
My female students really loved the Twilight series. They got kind of mad when I guess what the plot to one of the stories was. I think it was something like this, "Let me guess, he's a vampire." I still need to get around to reading it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My female students really loved the Twilight series. They got kind of mad when I guess what the plot to one of the stories was. I think it was something like this, "Let me guess, he's a vampire." I still need to get around to reading it.

I think you find that out pretty quickly, it's kind of fundamental to the story. Anyway, I was impressed to find that one of my favorite authors, Orson Scott Card, has reviewed the series positively. It occurred to me that Stephenie Meyer could be a female nom de plume for OSC. But I think it has been established that she exists and actually wrote the books.

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
I think you find that out pretty quickly, it's kind of fundamental to the story. Anyway, I was impressed to find that one of my favorite authors, Orson Scott Card, has reviewed the series positively. It occurred to me that Stephenie Meyer could be a female nom de plume for OSC. But I think it has been established that she exists and actually wrote the books.

I do enjoy Orson Scott Card. I did like Salem's lot and I didn't mind the Sisterhood of the cavorting pants. Perhaps I wouldn't mind this series.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm currently reading "War and Peace".
It is ridiculously long but the characters are unusually well-developed IMO.
I'm almost done with it, :D

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sigh.

After having Book 1 on my shelf for 10 years, I finally gave up the fight...
... and started reading Harry Potter yesterday.

If you refer to Perwin, I have read over half of the book and it's very interesting. I have read all Harry Potters too. ;)
Dune book series is one of the all time favourites for me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I agree about the Bluest Eye being good. I was suppose to read it for a class, but I'm really bad about reading things for class. I did read part of it, but I decided to re read it because I find books more enjoyable reading on my own. I'll probably finish it today.