• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

heart

heart on fire
The Siege of Boston by Allen French

After the Siege: A Social History of Boston, 1775–1800. By Jacqueline Barbara Carr

Something for Te to gnaw on besides me.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Xenocide

Figured I've already read Enders' Game and Speaker for the dead, I may as well read the others.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Xenocide

Figured I've already read Enders' Game and Speaker for the dead, I may as well read the others.

Ah, finally! I haven't read any of those books yet. (Although I plan to and have been close to doing it several times lately.)

Are we finally free from the curse, Ender?

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Ah, finally! I haven't read any of those books yet. (Although I plan to and have been close to doing it several times lately.)

Are we finally free from the curse, Ender?
Possibly.. Tho then again I think you just explained why I suddenly got the urge to read the rest of the series lately. I had to go out and buy the other two books yesterday since I didn't own them.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Xenocide

I read them all as well as the Shadow series describing Bean's life. They are great books. The original Ender's Game is still my favorite though.

dancinglissa

MBTI Type
INFJ
I need a book to read too!

I need a book to read.

My brain has stopped working. I need stimulation...

For reference, the last thing I read was A Clockwork Orange.

I totally feel that way! I think the last thing I tried to read was A Clockwork Orange but the only funny slang word I understood was "rassadooks" because my Russian friend translated it. I'm not in the mood for that type of thing, anyways. Oh, and every time I'd tell people about it, they'd make fun of me because I pronounce "orange" like "ARE-ange" (no, I'm not from New York. My grandma is, so I caught on. But I don't have an accent).

I'm really in the mood for a dystopian/romance. Emphasis on the romance. :wubbie: I need some inspiration for my screenplay (tried making it a novel, didn't work, I'll make it into a screenplay after I take a class or something).

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Economic Facts and Fallacies by Thomas Sowell. I can't seem to put this book down.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
One Drop by Bliss Broyard
About a woman who grew up as a white american and
her discovery that her father was African American
and passing as a white man.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I'm reading several books at the moment but most of my attention is focused on "Number: The Language of Science" by Tobias Dantzig.

It's about the evolution of numbers and mathematics and "the history of thought", says Charles Seife. It goes from simple counting systems to relatively modern mathematics (relative to my book's edition revision date, circa 1953). The reading is moderately slow going for me, since I'm not exactly math person, but the book's main content is simple enough for a noob like me to understand (as long as you have a dictionary handy to look up math terms the author expects you to know). The appendices, however, pretty much escape me (all technical stuff).

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I started Eragon Christopher Paolini

Currently reading "The Purloined Letter" Edgar Allen Poe

And I'm probably going to go get the book for the june book of the month tuesday and read that.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Depends on which second of the day you ask me, because I think the collective number has surpassed twenty. Right now it's... Hm. I appear to have forgotten the title. Uh, it's some sort of math book about symmetry. Either that or it's a science book about mummies. Or quite possibly a French book about dragons. Heh, evidently I'm not thinking straight at the moment. Oh well. It's one of the three.

Climber07

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Budgerigars by Georg A. Radtke. Saw it at the library book sale. Sort of an impulse buy since I have no interest in ever owning a parakeet. I just thumb through before going to bed. I especially love that a young child had written in pencil on the first page their name and in capitalized letters "BELONGS TO ME AND NO ONE ELSE!"

Neuro-linguistic Programming for Dummies. Got interested in this after reading about PUA.

I've been re-reading and thinking about a few poems. I tend to read one or two poems several times over the course of a week. Poetry is difficult for me to understand at first but I like it. I'm drawn to the poem "Believing in Iron" by Yusef Komunyakaa right now.

I finally finished reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. The Fountainhead reminded me of several movies from the 1930's I've seen. I guess Ellsworth Toohey was a good section since it helped me view things a little differently. I want to read something by Friedrich Nietzsche next because I'd like to learn more about master-slave morality.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
The Ghost in the Atom: a discussion of the mysteries of quantum physics.

John Wheeler was the shit, apparently?