• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Currently reading Dostoevsky's Notes From The Underground.

Recently read Lakoff's "Moral Politics: What Conservatives Know That Liberals Don't" = of highly questionable merit; the guy claims to be making conclusions based on cog sci & linguistics, and he has a few interesting points, but overall it seems a rather shallow approach and set of views on conservatives & liberals. Also, sorely lacking in concrete evidence (or whatever one might conventionally associate with the scientific method).

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
The Monkey Wrench Gang, by Edward Abbey. IMO, Eric Schlosser's foreword makes it sound much more fervent in its eco-anarchist message than it actually is. Man, I should really stop reading prefaces....

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
51ZIosg3QkL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Almost done with The Black Prism by Brent Weeks... Its not terrible but man, does anybody else have a hard time with contemporary literature?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
"The Book Of Lost Things" by John Connolly. About a young boy who loses his mother, and is drawn into a fantasy world after his father remarries. Really enjoying it so far.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm finally reading the Twilight series. I'm kinda embarassed to admit that I'm in love with this story.
I'm such an NF. :blush:
Don't be ashamed. I read the first five pages of Twilight and I fear my only question so far (why does Bella go to her father while she doesn't want to?) won't be answered. I've also read the teaser ("isn't this the best way to die, sacrificing yourself?") and it didn't make me curious about it. I fear too much introspection and no action... Still I don't want to diss the thing without reading. Should I plod on?
But then again I've read the seventh book in the Alex Rider series (Anthony Horowitz) in one session. The pattern in these books is quite predictable and the thing is aimed at 10 year olds butbutbut... there are cool gadgets in it and evil madmen! :D

I'm of the opinion that it's a question of taste, not of quality. Twilight is good because you enjoyed it.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I finished the Black Prism and now I can finally start The Cthulu Mythos by HP Lovecraft! /excited!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
last one is for pleasure, this one is for school (but should be interesting nonetheless):

The-Essential-Lewis-and-Clark-9780060011598.jpg

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still reading:

Simon Sebag Montefiore - Stalin the court of the red Tsar

Machiavelli - The Prince

Lindsey Hughes - The Romanovs: Ruling Russia 1613-1917

Tom Holland - Rubicon, the triumpth and tradegy of the Roman Republic

Along with several other books that is.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
The Monkey Wrench Gang, by Edward Abbey. IMO, Eric Schlosser's foreword makes it sound much more fervent in its eco-anarchist message than it actually is. Man, I should really stop reading prefaces....

I dunno... seemed pretty eco-anarchist-y to me. How are you liking it?

The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss. It's fascinating.

I agree... the diet and weightlifting plan alone are worth the price of admission.

for me:
Consider the Lobster - David Foster Wallace

Love DFW. Have you read Infinite Jest?

Ham On Rye by Charles Bukowski

I just finished "Women" and "Post Office" by Buk. Factotum is in the stack. :)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Oh, Mmhmm, your book reminded me of this one:

image.axd

I just picked it up on my kindle. Hoping to read it soon.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I dunno... seemed pretty eco-anarchist-y to me. How are you liking it?

Well, it supposedly is, but, given that one of our protagonists is described by his comrades as a sociopath, I don't know how much Abbey intended them to be representative of his views... :thinking:

It's well written, IMO, but half of it is people running away from the police. In a desert. Not exactly engaging, IMHO. But that's just me. :shrug: At times, I admit it was a bit of a chore to go through, but I'm not exactly the greatest bookworm ever, so it might just be me being a halfwit. :laugh:

Omission1234

i just finished dykes to watch out for by alison bechdel and Today I got her book "fun home" its really goood :D also I have a book about suede the band on order. and ive recieved 4 books on english heritage and material culture for summer termm :D