• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just started Riptide by Preston & Child. Not exactly high literature, but I do enjoy a bit of light reading now and then. Plus it's (kind of) about pirates!

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I just finished 'Idoru' by William Gibson and 'Tea From an Empty Cup' by Pat Cadigan. They were both all right, nothing life-changing, though.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Robert B Parker – Valediction

Rex Stout – Red Threads update, this is an extremely boring book. While hoping for something in the vein of Lawrence Sanders Deadly Sin series:shock:, this book is just BORING. Can’t win em all.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
"20th Century Ghosts" by Joe Hill.

He has been pegged as a horror writer but his stuff is not just gratuitous, blunt gore. His first book, "Heart Shaped Box", is one of the only books I've ever read that creeped me out in such a brilliant way that it really did just stay in my head. I think he's just wonderful.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I tend to read several books at a time.

Right now, among other things, I'm reading "Sartre For Beginners" and "The Disappointment Artist: Essays by Jonathan Lethem"

Lethem is a subtle genius! :)

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Robert B Parker - Pale Kings and Princes

N

NPcomplete

"The Romanov Prophecy" by Steve Berry and a book on espionage. The Steve Berry book is a recommendation from a friend so I don't know how that'll turn out. The espionage book, on the other hand, will probably make me paranoid.

I've also finished the books from the "Iron Fey" series by Julie Kagawa and the last Artemis Fowl novel.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought The Romanov Prophecy was terrible, thealchemist. YMMV, of course, but there was a distinct lack of actual historical mystery-solving.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I just started Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling. A colleague who has studied philosophy has given me a copy of it. It is interesting so far.

Lark

Keep coming back to a book called Swiftly by Adam Roberts, bought it impulsively and cheaply but its really well written, set in the Gullivers Travels universe.