• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Rex Stout - Nero Wolfe/Too Many Women

Lark

I'm reading Twelve by Jasper Kent its like Tolstoy crossed with Bram Stoker only more popular and less literary, Napoleonic wars with vampires which are still the unnatural emodiment of evil that vampires where before Ann Rice. Very good book, I may read the sequels quite inspite of myself, I'd not intended to get into another series but there you go.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Recently read

What Type Am I?
by Renee Baron

MBTI book. Clear but very basic. The reason I got it is that it is one of the few MBTI books in ebook format. Little over 100 pages. I essentially finished in one sitting and I am a very slow reader.

Good choice for someone who has had little or no exposure to MBTI or high school students for that group it would be a 8 out of 10 but for me it was a 5 1/2 out of 10

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love Rilke's poems (don't tell the guys over at INTPc :unsure: ) She also has some outstandingly on point quotes.

Nothing to be ashamed of :D Rilke has a beautiful style.

And by the way, René Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke, better known as Rainer Maria Rilke, was a dude. Maybe that makes your predelection slightly more acceptable for the INTP bunch...

Sorry, that was the pedant inside speaking.

Salman Rushdie - The Enchantress of Florence
Siegfried Kracauer - Die Angestellten (The Salaried Masses: Duty and Distraction in Weimar Germany)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Nothing to be ashamed of :D Rilke has a beautiful style.

And by the way, René Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke, better known as Rainer Maria Rilke, was a dude. Maybe that makes your predelection slightly more acceptable for the INTP bunch...

Sorry, that was the pedant inside speaking.

Salman Rushdie - The Enchantress of Florence
Siegfried Kracauer - Die Angestellten (The Salaried Masses: Duty and Distraction in Weimar Germany)

Ha ha...they would prolly prosecute me even either way. Nevertheless thanks for the clarification. :blush:

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Poems!

r-p-o-p-h-e-s-s-a-g-r
who
a)s w(e loo)k
upnowgath
PPEGORHRASS
eringint(o-
aThe):l
eA
!p:
S a
(r
rIvInG .gRrEaPsPhOs)
to
rea(be)rran(com)gi(e)ngly
,grasshopper;

Ah, E.E. Cummings.

Mole

Permabanned
Speak to me not of books, speak to me with thine eyes.

Books are over.

So books are now only status symbols.

Books are used as the backdrop on TV to convey a higher status.

Or books are simply a way to get onto Oprah.

TV killed the radio star, they tell me, but not before he tore every word out of every book.

I stopped reading books a long time ago but when I want to impress you, I tell you I am reading, "The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind", and I even impress myself.

We gather round the TV as we used to gather round the fire, not to read but to stare into the flames and see the reflection of ourselves.

And indeed the television is built on a bonfire of books.

So speak to me not of books but stare into the fire of my eyes and see yourself.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Books are over.

:huh: What is this I hear, Vctor, apostasy?

It will never be over, never:

willows.jpg

I hope you reflect upon the manifest sacrament of this icon of Truth and swiftly return to the true faith :yes:

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
willows.jpg

I hope you reflect upon the manifest sacrament of this icon of Truth and swiftly return to the true faith :yes:

Oh god, I have to read that. I've been putting it off for ages.

This is supposed to be a thread where you post what you're currently reading, right?

If that's the case, I'm rereading Heinlein's The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leviathan-Scott Westerfield
1p_leviathan_jkt_small.jpg