• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Finished The Time-Traveler's Wife (...eh), now reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

What do you think of the book? The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?
i've read it on danish and seen the movies :)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

I talked to me Dad today who told me he was pricing a first edition/first printing of that book (In Danish or whatever the original language was) because the author died recently and only wrote 3 books. Singed by the translator (not even the author) it was going for $7,000.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I talked to me Dad today who told me he was pricing a first edition/first printing of that book (In Danish or whatever the original language was) because the author died recently and only wrote 3 books. Singed by the translator (not even the author) it was going for $7,000.

well that is a big amount...
Yes it has been in the news here in the North (Denmark, Sweden, Norway) about the death.. Apparently Stig Larson (the author)'s family didn't want his girlfriend through many years to get even a penny of all the money he left... because she was only a girlfriend and not a wife..

Kanamori

As I Lay Dying
(I'm thinking I'll really like Absalom, Absalom!)
Kant's Transcendental Idealism
I want to get some books for learning Dutch.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As I Lay Dying
(I'm thinking I'll really like Absalom, Absalom!)
Kant's Transcendental Idealism
I want to get some books for learning Dutch.
Absalom, Absalom! is more difficult, but I enjoyed it a lot more.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Rex Stout - Nero Wolfe/The Silent Speaker

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Choke-Chuck Palahniuk

I got this book forever ago but left it at my parents house, retrieved it last time i went home but was in the middle of reading Silence of The Lambs. I'm very excited to read this book. Next I get off my fat ass and go to the library and get a library card so i don't spend all my money on books this summer.

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1

I've wanted to read this- you liked it?

Right now I've got my nose in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy as well as Stephen King's Gunslinger (Dark Tower I)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am hungering for a good book to read.

I shall buy one tomorrow. I love reading brand-new books.

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Memories, Dreams, Reflections by Carl G. Jung. :) So far I really like the book, especially the part about his time at school and younger years. I'm also reading some other books, but I have to think about which it were. I believe some book about philosophy and 'eating animals' by Jonathan S. Foer.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rainer Maria Rilke: Letter's to a Young Poet
+
White Oleander by Janet Finch

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Einstein: His Life and Universe, by Walter Isaacson. Jock recommended it to me! So far, I'm really enjoying it. However, I managed to get the large print version :( The bf thinks this is endlessly fun.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
As usual, I'm in the middle of several. And taking forever to finish any, since I keep getting distracted by things I can read on the internet.

Loneliness: Human Nature and the Need for Social Connection by John Cacciopo and William Patrick

The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David Kessler (Ha! The book I've got says, "...Insatiable North American Appetite" on the cover, but the word 'North' isn't there on Amazon. Exact same cover otherwise.)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Rainer Maria Rilke: Letter's to a Young Poet

I love Rilke's poems (don't tell the guys over at INTPc :unsure: ) She also has some outstandingly on point quotes.

"A person isn't who they are during the last conversation you had with them - they're who they've been throughout your whole relationship."

"For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation."

"It is good to be solitary, for solitude is difficult; that something is difficult must be a reason the more for us to do it."

moira

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
Memories, Dreams, Reflections by Carl G. Jung. :) So far I really like the book, especially the part about his time at school and younger years.

This book is One of my favorites. I read anything by Carl Jung and so far I like this book most of all. Hope you enjoy it all the way to the end.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sanatra the life (a bigorgaphy of Frankie - Anthony Summers)

Just finished One day but David Nicholls realy funny and good, but probably more so to UK/Ire