• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Lark

Almost finished The Fall, got to say I dont get the title, I dont get the start of the book and some of the content doesnt make much sense but its a rollicking good read, character development was great, the individuals where more like how I would imagine real people in those situations, including one of them being a complete bastard the whole time to everyone despite being called on his shit repeatedly. Its kind of an action time travel horror, best book of its kind since I read the Time Machine, after watching the original movie adaptation. Love that film and Wells fiction.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
The World War II Desk Reference - by/with the Eisenhower Center for American Studies.

sway

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell. Shamelessly hysterical.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
51S6SRTN3CL._SCLZZZZZZZ_AA250_Peter-and-the-Starcatchers.jpg

WildCard

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
The Child Thief - Brom

This is an awesome, gritty, adult retelling of the original Peter Pan story as compared to the crap Disney keeps shoving down our throats. I much prefer the original legends and stories, and Brom doesn't dissapoint. He takes a lot of the original mythology and ties Peter Pan into it seamlessly. It has many twists and is "adult" enough to hold some of our more darker minded characters attentions without it becoming too contrite.

A good book, awesome plot, and lots of cursing. It also gives a bit of history for Peter, though it is straight from Brom's imagination.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How Pleasure Works: The New Science of Why We Like What We Like (Paul Bloom)

ross_in_green

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm reading Karen Blixen's Seven Gothic Tales and Revolutionary Road. And of course, a huge non-fiction book called The Creatores (something like art history) - very useful and very well written if you want something like a non-fiction book about art and mythology and history of ideas, written clearly and entertainingly.

N

NPcomplete

- "The Alchemyst - The Secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel" by Michael Scott

- "Emma" - so slow a book pfft!

- "The Nation" by Terry Pratchett

- "Dies the Fire" by S. M Stirling

- "Surely you're joking, Mr Feynman" - I can never get tired of this book!!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm on a Mercedes Lackey summer reading marathon. Over the top fantasy -- my drug of choice.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
The Wolves of Calla - Stephen King

That is the book in which The Dark Tower jumped the shark, in my opinion. Not as bad as the last two, but definitely worse than the first four.

Right now I'm reading The Lord of the Rings for the "god knows how many"-th time. I'm worried though, my copy of the book is starting to fall apart. Again. I swear I go through a trilogy every three years. Maybe it's because it's a single-volume edition and those tend to have binding issues because they're so thick.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just finished Peter and the Starcatchers... it was okay, but not great. I don't know what I'm reading next; I will have to assess the "To Be Read" pile tonight.