Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2622

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Data Privacy for the Smart Grid. It's a real thriller for sure

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Georges Bataille, Inner Experience:

"If I said decisively, “I have seen God,” that which I see would change. Instead of the inconceivable unknown—wildly free before me, leaving me wild and free before it—there would be a dead object and the thing of the theologian, to which the unknown would be subjugated."
    "The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk."

MBTI
    ESXP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp

Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals.

Oh, we're always all right. You remember that. We happen to other people.

And I see fire, hollowing souls
    And I see fire, blood in the breeze
    And I hope that you'll remember me...

Basically a bunch of Gottman cliff-notes. Helpful reminders.

I found a store of real old Dennis Wheatley and Michael Moorcock books I'm pretty sure I got in a clearance of the UK Anarchist second hand bookshop Freedom Press one time.

They are falling apart some of them, not decided if I'll keep them or not but I'm going to read them one last time at least.

Storm Bringer, Elric of Melnaborn and The Rituals of Infinity are the Moorcock ones, last of his I read I didnt mind it but I did think it was a terrible book about a week after I'd read it, like the worst juvenile writing, so I'm praying that the others are better, they are acclaimed as classics so we'll see. To be honest I read the other one as it was supposed to have some connection with the fighting video game Eternal Champion, I'm dubious if this was ever the case now.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ

Thomas Schelling - Arms and Influence, primarily analyzes dynamics of war in terms of game theory but it's pretty much applicable to anything.

"Information warfare campaigns of this kind—combining data stolen from cyber-attacks with propaganda modified for a world scornful of facts—are here to stay. We are standing at the precipice of a new era of strategic competition. Unfortunately, the strategist best suited to guide us in this new world died on December 16, 2016. Nobel laureate Thomas Schelling’s seminal work on strategy and bargaining theory provide a language to understand modern information warfare. In Schelling’s writings, we find a logic of coercion that can help us understand the changing character of cyber conflict."

From Arms and Influence to Data and Manipulation: What Can Thomas Schelling Tell Us About Cyber Coercion? - Lawfare
    You are my heart, I love you!

MBTI
    ISFJ

The Simple Faith of Mr Rogers: Spiritual Insights from the World's Most Beloved Neighbor by Amy Hollingsworth

I'd always viewed Mr Rogers as a little cheesy tbh, wasn't really my thing. Then during a really low period of my life I heard him sing "It's You I like" and even now when I hear this song I cry because I recall what it feels like to feel so unsafe to be yourself, it makes me think of every single little girl struggling against the norms of her society and community to continue to improve her life and continue with her education. It's hard for a lot of people to understand what it is like to grow up in neighborhoods where as a woman you are punished for pursuing masculine subjects and the pressure to be "feminine" that a lot of girls grow up with. Hearing this song gave me strength to know that I didn't have to just lay down and die overcome by the men around me, that Mr. Rogers was saying that it was me he liked, it was OK to be me.

Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ

https://scottbarrykaufman.com/wp-con...fman-FINAL.pdf

: This chapter traces the development of my thinking of the nature of human
    intelligence, from my early childhood experiences in special education to my scientific
    investigations of the boundary conditions of general cognitive ability, to the formulation of my
    Dual-Process Theory and Theory of Personal Intelligence, to my encounter with positive
    psychology. This chapter is a call to shift the perspective on intelligence from an individual differences approach to one that recognizes the whole person. The goal of this approach is to
    reduce the number of children who fall between the cracks in an educational system that focuses
    so much on the results of standardized tests and IQ tests as the measure of an individual’s
    intellectual and creative potential. I discuss the reasons why a broader, more personal perspective
    on intelligence is required to help all children live a meaningful life, and argue for greater
    integration with the fields of developmental and positive psychology

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

i started reading winnie the pooh books for the first time ,it's very comfy
    Tritype 927
    Please,watch a movie called Typhoon Club.I really like it.
    I also love an anime called Kaiba and an album called "Sacrificial Cake" ,by Jarboe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

Emma, Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion -- all by Jane Austen.
    Jane Austen: A Life -- David Nokes.
    Jane Austen: Her Life -- Park Honan.
    Jane Austen -- Tony Tanner.
    Beyond IQ: A Triarchic Theory of Intelligence -- Robert J. Sternberg.
    Likes Hermit of the Forest liked this post