User Tag List

First 160210250258259260261262 Last

Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 2627

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    do you like horror short stories? Have you ever read Nocturnes by John Connolly?
    I think I've read that, the title is familiar anyway, although I'm not sure about the author.

Looked it up on Amazon there, was sure that I'd read this book but I'm only really recalling the first story. Still, I read a lot so I dont know.
    Likes The Sea Captain liked this post

MBTI
    GHST
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp
    Socionics
    SEA Se

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think I've read that, the title is familiar anyway, although I'm not sure about the author.

Looked it up on Amazon there, was sure that I'd read this book but I'm only really recalling the first story. Still, I read a lot so I dont know.
    John Connolly (born 31 May 1968) is an Irish writer who is best known for his series of novels starring private detective Charlie Parker.

Noctures has a Chalrie Parker Novella in it, but the other stories are truly chilling and horrific in some really satisfying ways. There's a lot of old folklore seeded in. If you get the chance, I think you'd really like it at least as a re read.

The sea has never been friendly to man. At most it has been the accomplice of human restlessness...

I don't hear a sound
    Silent faces in the ground
    The quiet screams, but I refuse to listen
    If there is a hell
    I'm sure this is how it smells
    Wish this were a dream, but no, it isn't

Walk in the rain, in the rain, in the rain
    I walk in the rain, in the rain
    Am I right or am I wrong
    And is it here that I belong

Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

terry pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Im reading Lucia, which is a Korean written web novel about European historical inspired novel about a women named Lucia and her adventure with her husband, the evil blood thirsty Duke. Who fell smitten with her. A lot of sex. This is totally a bored at home milf book. Its my second time reading it. Makes sense since im literally bored at home
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    793 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

I just finished Malcolm X's Autobiography. One of the rawest, most inspiring books I've read in my life. I affirm Malcolm X is one of history's most misunderstood characters, and encourage everyone to read it!

As for right now, For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway.
    Don't put yourself in a box. There's only so many cubic feet; I doubt you'd fit comfortably.

This is my canvas, Im'a paint it how I want it, baby.

Johari | Nohari

Likes Lark, ceecee liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I am about 3/4 the way through a book that contains all of Nabakov's short stories, and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Also recently started 'The River Congo' by Peter Forbath.

And about 1/3 through 'The Bridge' by Iain Banks, which is interesting. I only originally knew of all of his fantastic 'Culture' Sci fi novels, but have recently been reading his non Sci fi or partial Sci fi novels, finding them very interesting.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

The Deficit Myth: Modern Monetary Theory and How to Build a Better Economy by Stephanie Kelton
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Pinker85 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I just finished Malcolm X's Autobiography. One of the rawest, most inspiring books I've read in my life. I affirm Malcolm X is one of history's most misunderstood characters, and encourage everyone to read it!

As for right now, For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway.
    It is an absolutely brilliant book, I read it after watching the movie, I wish I'd read it first as the movie is good but not perfect by any stretch.

I bought X's book because it was recommended by the NME (new music express) in the UK in one of their "right on" lists of literature for anyone starting uni, it was popular in the Virgin Megastores and HMV stores book sections, and I did not expect a lot, I'd read Bokowski (spelling) on their recommendation and thought it was rubbish but X's book I could not put down from the first couple of pages.

Its one of the few books that I thought was like a living thing. Its also got a great section, which has been cited a lot, I think even on a par with Anna Freud, in social services, child services literature.

He writes about how his already difficult circumstances where more or less broken by child services intervention and his terrible experience of the foster system, delinquency, criminal justice system is all laid out, I think it was only his good fortune that he actually was articulate and got involved in challenging oppression as he could have been on course to join the masses of anonymous statistics resulting from poorly executed family interventions.

I know he died in the course of his agitation, everyone dies, not everyone actually lives or leaves an impression on their times as he did. Also, for all his talk about the right to defence, the right to armed and violent self-defence at that, he was shot to death and was unarmed at the time, none of his supporters at that gathering were armed etc. Which I think is something to think about.

heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea. Really good REAL hippy libertarian /anarchist shit rather than lame ass Republicans trying to sound hip.

Yes, @Saprophyitic Aphrodite, I've had too much to drink. I stand by it, though.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea. Really good REAL hippy libertarian /anarchist shit rather than lame ass Republicans trying to sound hip.

Yes, @Saprophyitic Aphrodite, I've had too much to drink. I stand by it, though.
    Hahahaha... I was gonna say something about you drinking in response to your other quote, but I decided to leave you alone. This time.
    I can always tell when you are drinking and I find it amusing.