First 154204244252253254255 Last

Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2543

Artist/Playboy/Traveller Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I was reading something the other day that they found a painting the Nazi's stole in a NY museum. These seem to crop up every year or so.
    Yeah I heard of this too! Its surprising how these discoveries are made so many years after WWII - like when the FBI rediscovered the large collection of art looted by German art dealer Gurlitt a few years ago.

It must be really cool to find art that have been stolen or lost for so many years
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.

I'm at my most serious when I'm joking

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Reading Book 5 of the 'lightbringer' series by Brent Weeks.

Also just a handful of pages into 'Lincoln and the Bardo', by George Saunders. I think it'll prove to be very...different.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Reading Book 5 of the 'lightbringer' series by Brent Weeks.

Also just a handful of pages into 'Lincoln and the Bardo', by George Saunders. I think it'll prove to be very...different.
    Have you ever read "Pastoralia"? I was thinking of getting "Civil War Land in Bad Decline" last week since i enjoyed "Pastoralia" so much.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Have you ever read "Pastoralia"? I was thinking of getting "Civil War Land in Bad Decline" last week since i enjoyed "Pastoralia" so much.
    I have not heard of it. This is my first read by Saunders.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I have not heard of it. This is my first read by Saunders.
    I just liked the fantastical, satirical exaggeration of the stories in the collection. There was a short story about a theme park where people would live like cavemen, for instance. I don't just mean dress up like cavemen, I mean, wear prosthetics and actually live in caves, with the expectation that they behave in a period appropriate way at all times. And there was another land in the theme park with a wise old hermit who got laid off.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes cascadeco liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Caffreynated View Post
    Yeah I heard of this too! Its surprising how these discoveries are made so many years after WWII - like when the FBI rediscovered the large collection of art looted by German art dealer Gurlitt a few years ago.

It must be really cool to find art that have been stolen or lost for so many years
    Well, I remember talking to someone about a painting hanging in an old Jesuit building in Dublin once and wondering about its age and value, turned out it was a valuable lost Rembrandt or something and it was just sitting in a dusty hallway! No one knew anything about it but my drawing attention to it had prompted someone to get it evaluated, I think they sold it for fund raising after that.
    Likes Neal Caffreynated liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I just liked the fantastical, satirical exaggeration of the stories in the collection. There was a short story about a theme park where people would live like cavemen, for instance. I don't just mean dress up like cavemen, I mean, wear prosthetics and actually live in caves, with the expectation that they behave in a period appropriate way at all times. And there was another land in the theme park with a wise old hermit who got laid off.
    I read that, I liked some of the premises for a bit but then I thought it dragged in for the remainder of the book.

That whole theme park and the existences people lived in this bizarre subsistence labour force was madness.

Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None

The misconception(/misunderstanding?)
    psychotherapie

A book, that criticizes psychotherapy. This is exactly what I was looking for. Now I can make my teachers mad, I am ready to fight.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Chase the adventure. Cherish the joy.

Cu·ri·ous
    adjective
    1. Eager to know or learn something.
    2. Strange; unusual.

INTP ~ 9w1 2w1 5w6 so/sx ~ Burned Hufflepuff

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    The misconception(/misunderstanding?)
    psychotherapie

A book, that criticizes psychotherapy. This is exactly what I was looking for. Now I can make my teachers mad, I am ready to fight.
    What about pass?
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

I've got my fingers crossed for a little freakydeaky...

You know, trudging? To trudge?
    To trudge: the slow, weary... depressing, yet determined walk of a man who had nothing left ...except the impulse to simply soldier on...