User Tag List

First 128178218226227228229230238 Last

Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2622

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

This one's way out there, but it's so fascinating: "Other Lives, Other Selves: A Jungian Psychotherapist Discovers Past Lives".

The period of gestation from conception to birth is therefore one of the most important in the overall scheme of the formation of personality. Not only is the fetal consciousness an uncritical observer and recorder of all the mother does, thinks, and feels, but it is also engaged in a sort of deep rumination over all the still-unfinished business of other lives. The contents of these ruminations will constitute his or her ongoing karma post natum. These two streams of consciousness, unmediated by any discriminatory ego, form the matrix of the personality later to emerge.
    This guy thinks that our personalities develop at the fetal stage as a result of the interplay between the mom's thoughts and feelings and unfinished business from past lives.

Not just single thoughts but whole scenes between mother, father, doctor, and others are likewise imprinted in the unconscious of the fetus with the effect of reestablishing patterns that are later often to become debilitating complexes. A woman whose husband drunkenly abuses her during pregnancy may think or say 'He's disgusting. WHy doesn't he leave me alone? I hate sex like this'. This leaves a residue for later confusion and disgust around sexuality in the unborn child's unconscious.
    The best version of you is a libertarian. If you are not a libertarian, then you aren't trying hard enough.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"Tales From a Traveling Couch". A retired therapist decides to visit former patients to see how they've fared.

I have seen therapy work. I have seen people pierce their delusions, throw off their obsessions, conquer their phobias. Again and again I have seen a person release himself from a desperately unhappy life and learn the language of an alternative one. Over the past 35 years I have seen this particular miracle happen hundreds of times.

But does it last? Do the changes hold? Or when my back is turned, does it all unravel? Does the power of those hundreds of thousands of hours that preceded therapy reassert itself and take back all that we have fought for?
    Great book.
    The best version of you is a libertarian. If you are not a libertarian, then you aren't trying hard enough.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    172 sx/so

The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

Enneagram
    6w7

The Hobbit...again.
    6w7 // 2w3 // xxx

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

I've been reading "The Turn of the Screw" by Henry James.
    It's a slim volume, but I've been at it for what it seems ages now.
    His style is prose is hmmm.....an acquired taste, perhaps?
    Still, I can't leave any book unfinished. So, I'm still at it.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Return of the King, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

Enneagram
    e2 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Angel Sanctuary
    I’ve always been watching you.
    I’ve been watching you, to take in everything about you.
    But instead, everything about you has devoured me.
    How did I seem to you on the verge of my downfall?

I just got through the year of reading dangerously, it was alright, I wouldnt read it a second time

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Creatures of a Day and Other Tales of Psychotherapy. This one's not as interesting as the others but it's still entertaining.

From Paul's chapter:
    I was stunned. Paul was now 84 now. He must have begun working on his dissertation in his mid-twenties, 60 years ago. I had heard of professional students before, but 60 years? His life on hold for 60 years? No, I hoped not. It couldn't be.
    From Ellie's chapter:
    Whether I will live a long time or a short time, I'm alive now, at this moment. What I want is to know that there are other things to hope for besides length of life. What I want to know is that it isn't necessary to turn away thoughts of suffering or death but neither is it necessary to give these thoughts too much time and space. What I want is to be intimate with the knowledge that life is temporary. And then, in the light (or shadow) of that knowledge, to know how to live. How to live now. Here's the thing I've learned about cancer - it shows you mortal illness and then spits you back, back to the world, to your life, to all its pleasure and sweetness, which you feel now so much more than ever. And you know that something has been given and something has been taken away.

MBTI
    IXTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Wuthering Heights. Haven't been so absorbed in a book of fiction since I was a teenager.
    Likes Red Ribbon liked this post