Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Seveneves Confessions Harry Potter

Whoops.

johari
    nohari

Can anyone recommend me some reading material which is like the TV show Ozark? Or breaking bad?

I've heard that Grisham writes some corporate or white collar crime thrillers which are a little like it but I think of him as the lawyers writers and writing, I'm kind of interested in novels which could deal with moral philosophy or moral psychology.

Clean Slate

I just finished reading Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, and I absolutely adored it. It's about parallel universes and travelling from one to another (for if you're interested).

I'm generally not attracted to 21st century writings, but this one was the exception. Now to catch up with my 300-item list of "sci-fi/fantasy classics" I've never got the chance to read. I've started Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and a friend is torturing me to start the Dune books. Let's see how it goes.
    Likes Kas liked this post

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу PumpkinMayCare's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Hello Kitty must die by Angela S. Choi.

Has anyone read it as well? Any thoughts?

I wish we were all rose-colored too
    My rose-colored boy

You say, "We gotta look on the bright side"
    I say, "Well, maybe if you wanna go blind"

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
    I just finished reading Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, and I absolutely adored it. It's about parallel universes and travelling from one to another (for if you're interested).

I'm generally not attracted to 21st century writings, but this one was the exception. Now to catch up with my 300-item list of "sci-fi/fantasy classics" I've never got the chance to read. I've started Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and a friend is torturing me to start the Dune books. Let's see how it goes.
    I agree. Next aren't equals to the first one. But the first book with the creation of the universe and social/political nuances is excellent.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes CitizenErased liked this post

ALMOST done with the orient express. On page 322/388. So close- so close to the mystery being solved and THEN getting to watch the movie. Its legit.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Britain After Rome: The Fall and Rise, 400 to 1070 by Robin Fleming. Reading it for research for a paper but it's actually pretty amazing.
    Likes Tater liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"The Man With the Beautiful Voice" by Lillian Rubin. Therapists have some wonderful stories to tell and this book has seven rivetting case histories such as this one involving a 39 year old woman who reverts back to an infantile stage of development:

Although I fretted and fumed, that in fact is what we did for months. Twice a week Eve came in, curled up in her corner, and sat without speaking. Occasionally she'd raise her head and look at me with eyes that seemed to be pleading for something. But if I spoke, she quickly buried her head again. I couldn't tell at first if she took comfort from my presence next to her, since she made sure there was at least a foot of physical space between us.
    The best version of you is a libertarian. If you are not a libertarian, then you aren't trying hard enough.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"The Patient Who Cured His Therapist and Other Stories of Unconventional Therapy":

One of the stories involves a woman who ignores the outside world but carries on conversations with herself in gibberish

'Stallbig. Fraymore ball duff mon ling, doo. Desimore. Banadore lymink shraboleen. Dorf.'

Not one of her phonetic concoctions amounted to a word, not even mistakenly. She had created a language specific to her isolation, and so specifically for her isolation that she had assiduously avoided even an accidental swipe at any combination of vowel and consonants someone else might understand. I listened for more, and I got more. It was remarkable. She could talk paragraphs of what anybody else would consider nonsense syllables. I didn't think there could be that many nonsense syllables.
    The best version of you is a libertarian. If you are not a libertarian, then you aren't trying hard enough.