User Tag List

First 126176216224225226227228236 Last

Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2622

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post

I started watching American Gods on Stars. I was intrigued, but it's a bit too lubricious for me.
    So I'm settling for reading a much more milder story by the author who wrote American Gods.
    Hahahhahaha, "milder", amazing book, there's a great graphic novel, two screen adaptations and an audio book too, all of which are good and worth checking out.

Also, its all real, every single word of it

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

The Two Towers, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

Artist/Playboy/Traveller Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

The Story of Art by Ernst Gombrich but to be honest, I'm more leafing through it to find passages that interest me the most
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.

I'm at my most serious when I'm joking

Reading a book written in the ninties some irish guy touring "catholic europe" and its more interesting than I'd have guessed, its called the sign of the cross, more autobiographical than anything else, the title ties into a weird therapy session he was involved in relating to the loss of his father when he was twelve.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

"The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life", by James Martin, SJ

(Society of Jesus, aka Jesuit, not Sensing Judging - so, not my kind of SJ, but still a lovely kind of SJ. I went to a Jesuit university and I miss those jerks and their wisdom.)
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1dw + sp/so + 14? tritype (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"Stealing Fire". A book about research of a state of consciousness known as "the flow".

When neuroscientists at DARPA and Advanced Brain Monitoring used a different technique - neurofeedback - to prompt flow, they found that soldiers solved complex problems and mastered new skills up to 490% faster than normal. It's for this reason that, when the global consultancy McKinsey did a 10-year global study of companies, they found that top executives - meaning those most called upon to solve strategically significant 'wicked problems' - reported being up to 500% more productive in flow.
    Layfolk call this mental state "the zone" and you frequently hear athletes say they're "in the zone". This is the book to read for self-hacker types.
    The best version of you is a libertarian. If you are not a libertarian, then you aren't trying hard enough.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    261 so/sp

I started reading The Hunger Games series. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    "The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life", by James Martin, SJ

(Society of Jesus, aka Jesuit, not Sensing Judging - so, not my kind of SJ, but still a lovely kind of SJ. I went to a Jesuit university and I miss those jerks and their wisdom.)
    Gosh, who would have thought, the Jesuits have just paid out 3.1 million US dollars to children they have raped in the north west of America and Canada.

Just reread By the Waters of Babylon by Steven Vincent Benet. It was written in 1937. I had remembered reading this short story as a kid. A young man takes a journey to a forbidden place and learns the true fate of the gods.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Just finished the 6th book of the Expanse series, Babylon's Ashes. Very enjoyable SciFi series. Currently a tv series based upon the books as well....
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays