User Tag List

First 115165205213214215216217225 Last

Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2622

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Rereading Peter Pan, it's an old favorite.
    “Note to self: Don’t seek to be relevant, or liked, seek to be undeniable. Seek to be compassionate. Seek integrity. Seek humility. Seek Light.”
    johari | nohari
    Likes Kas liked this post

Bob Dylan's Chronicles: Vol.1.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm re-reading "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey. It's feels more tragic, knowing McMurphy's end. But I am inspired by his rebellious nature, his individuality against the system, his effort to get the other patients to escape the fog of the Combine, to be human again. The day-to-day grind of the Combine, whether it's in the form of a mental hospital, peer group, culture, society, or government, always keeps its pressure on you to conform, until you shrivel into nothing but a tired sack of skin. And yet, as he demonstrated when he tried and failed to pick up the panel, even if you can't beat the system, it's better to have boldly lived on your own terms.

I recently read the part where Chief Broom mentions that McMurphy does what he wants to do, despite how he looks. He will write a beautiful letter or paint a picture, even though he only seems like a scarred, red-headed gambler, a hustler who likes to fight and fuck too much. And his laughter over everything, over a story, a card game, over the absurdity of life, is something that is precious and shouldn't be taken away. I should remember to laugh more, to not take myself so seriously. When I start to settle into the motions of the system I interact with, I forget that I am human.
    Likes magpie liked this post

Bismuths Darling Prince Lord Lavender's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    479 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Im reading through Lovecraft. His stories are scary but in a very philosophical sort of way plus it is comical how racist and prejudiced he is and it bleeds through in his writing like a rotten to the core orange leaking decaying juices. Great writier though plus he lived in the olden days so i can forgive him as.
    Pisces Sun-Libra Moon-Libra Rising

Darker and Edgier

4w3 7w6 9w1

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Good Profit by Charles Koch. Find out the business strategy and philosophy behind Koch Industries, a corp that's outperformed the S&P by 2700% since 1960.

Greater economic freedom is strongly correlated with not only higher income per capita, but with longer life expectancy, better environmental quality, improved health and education, less corruption, and better living standards - especially for the poor.
    The best version of you is a libertarian. If you are not a libertarian, then you aren't trying hard enough.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic royal View Post
    A manhwa called The Flower of Evil.
    Heh. That's actually a Japanese manga (later made into an anime), called 「悪の華」 so the translation is more along the lines of "blooming of evil".

I just finished Richard Flanagan's novel The Narrow Road to the Deep North, and it was very very good. Superficially, it's about the horrors of war, the POWs who built the Burma railway and the effects of that trauma. At the same time, it has an almost Japanese zen feel with different characters weaving together the impermanence of history/love and the importance of selecting personal narratives in defining good and evil in ourselves. I found out later that the title's actually a translation of the title of a Japanese haibun work (collection of haiku) 「奥の細道」which I'd personally translate as "the narrow alley to the inside" - which is very appropriate for this book in its examination of war and humanity. I highly recommend it.
    "How badly did you have to break it to make it care about people so much?"
    "That didn't break it. It's what made it work."

5w6 1w9 2w1, sp/so

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Heh. That's actually a Japanese manga (later made into an anime), called 「悪の華」 so the translation is more along the lines of "blooming of evil".
    Actually, this was what I was referring to.

The Flower of Evil (manhwa) - Wikipedia
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by julesiscools View Post
    Rereading Peter Pan, it's an old favorite.
    I like it too.
    Maybe you would like Kensington Gardens by Rodrigo Fresan... Very good novel and referring to Barrie biography.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes julesiscools liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic royal View Post
    Actually, this was what I was referring to.

The Flower of Evil (manhwa) - Wikipedia
    Sorry - my mistake!
    "How badly did you have to break it to make it care about people so much?"
    "That didn't break it. It's what made it work."

5w6 1w9 2w1, sp/so
    Likes cosmic royal liked this post

MBTI
    IntJ
    Enneagram
    85X sx

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    Im reading through Lovecraft. His stories are scary but in a very philosophical sort of way plus it is comical how racist and prejudiced he is and it bleeds through in his writing like a rotten to the core orange leaking decaying juices. Great writier though plus he lived in the olden days so i can forgive him as.
    When you think about it, Lovecraft's unique style of horror (fear of the unknown) is really just Xenophobia taken to its logical extreme.
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post