• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Tebow

KDude

Are you from Denver or something? Why are you such a fan?

And yeah, I admit, he's good.

MBTI Type
INTJ
God or no God, Tebow has a serious cult of personality going on. It's really interesting...the Broncos were 1-4 before he started playing and now they're 8-5. He's a skilled athlete if not a skilled quarterback, but the fascinating thing is that religion may be working some magic that has nothing to do with God. Tebow has several devout teammates who really believe that he's blessed and special, and that is raising the level of play of the entire team. I don't know if he can sustain it, but it's absolutely compelling to watch.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Are you from Denver or something? Why are you such a fan?

And yeah, I admit, he's good.

Goddamit.

I was almost finished with a long explanation, took a phone call, and then closed the fucking browser tab when I got back.

Long story short: I saw the ESPN documentary I posted above from when he was in high school in late 05/early 06 and thought to myself, "wow, this kid seems pretty special, I think he's gunna do some big things, hell, he might even change the game"; then I watched him a lot the next four years because my best friend went to University of Florida, and we both moved back to SoCal after college (I graduated six months after seeing the documentary), and we'd convene every Saturday at his parents' house (which is three houses away from my parents') and watch college football all day (and they had quite a run those four years: that first year, he was the backup quarterback for Chris Leak, and would come in on specially designed plays, and they won the BCS national championship; the second year, as a sophomore, he put together one of the most amazing years in college football history, and became the youngest player to ever win the Heisman trophy; the next year, they were expected to go undefeated, but lost one game on the road 31-30, after which he made this (LINK) famous speech, which totally kicks ass, and which he lived up to, cuz, as he pledged, they went undefeated the rest of the season and went on to win the SEC championship and the BCS national championship that year as well; and then, his senior year, they lost to Alabama, who went on to win the national championship, in the SEC championship game, and he showed just such authentic passion and character after that game (LINK); over those four years, I saw a kid who was unlike any other I had ever seen: the guy is just pure, he's good, he's one-of-a-kind, and I don't feel this way about any other sports figure, other than possibly Derek Fisher; as such, when NFL "expert" analyst douchebags like Mel Kiper and Merril Hoge started saying, before his senior year of college, that he would never make it as an NFL quarterback because "his throwing motion was too long", "his mechanics are awkward", "his style of play won't transfer well to the professional game", I thought they were absolutely full of it, had no idea what kind of person Tim Tebow really is, and what he brings to a team, and I wanted to see him get the opportunity to shove it up their ignorant asses.

Mike Ditka had just the right read on the kid:

Now, considering he has taken, as FMW said, a 1-4 team to 7-1 under his leadership, and done so in the most spectacular fashion I've ever seen watching professional sports (if you haven't been watching these games, you've really been missing something special), you would think some off these asshole analysts would have the integrity to admit that perhaps they were wrong. Well, think again. Perhaps I give them too much credit. Mel Kiper, the earliest and most vocal of his critics, came out with an article two weeks ago saying the exact same shit he'd been saying about him when he was a senior, even though he had now taken a 1-4 team to 5-1 as the starting qb.

Now he's added two more signature wins (LINK 1, LINK 2) over the last two weeks, both in spectacular fashion.

So, basically, I've been a longtime supporter of Tim Tebow, I knew he was gunna get a raw deal, and he has, but, despite all of it, he's persevering, overcoming, and for all the reasons that I have found him to be an exemplary person and athlete: character and leadership.

KDude

Haha.. ok that was long (but I read it). "Pure" as a Derek Fisher.. that's pretty funny though. I'm a Spurs fan. That dude has stolen too many games at the last second. Screw Derek Fisher.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
God or no God, Tebow has a serious cult of personality going on. It's really interesting...the Broncos were 1-4 before he started playing and now they're 8-5. He's a skilled athlete if not a skilled quarterback, but the fascinating thing is that religion may be working some magic that has nothing to do with God. Tebow has several devout teammates who really believe that he's blessed and special, and that is raising the level of play of the entire team. I don't know if he can sustain it, but it's absolutely compelling to watch.

This is what I think also.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Haha.. ok that was long (but I read it). "Pure" as a Derek Fisher.. that's pretty funny though. I'm a Spurs fan. That dude has stolen too many games at the last second. Screw Derek Fisher.

Yeah, haters gunna hate.

You can't say the guy's not a class act, though.

Even when he smashed Luis Scola: totally classy.

Did Tim Tebow go to Penn State?

Awww, you sore that he's better than Michael Vick?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
^ :)

The Mike Vick experiment is sputtering at best.

I'm surprised nobody tried to type TT yet. Or did I miss it.

It's an intriguing story. I don't attribute the success of a Broncos to any miracle, some players just have that ability to move a team.
Vick's (cough) is actually one of them.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
The Mike Vick experiment is sputtering at best.

I was surprised when I checked Tebow's numbers against his last week.

Similar completion % thru their first 10 games or so: ~45%.

Tebow's passer rating is significantly better, though.

I'm surprised nobody tried to type TT yet. Or did I miss it.

I was planning on bringing that in later.

I have my idea.

I'm also interested in what people think his parents are.

There's pretty good footage of them in the ESPN documentary above.

It's an intriguing story. I don't attribute the success of a Broncos to any miracle, some players just have that ability to move a team.

I'd say the ability to take a 1-4 team to 7-1 under your leadership, regardless of divine intervention, is a miracle in and of itself.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was surprised when I checked Tebow's numbers against his last week.

Similar completion % thru their first 10 games or so: ~45%.

Tebow's passer rating is significantly better, though.

I was planning on bringing that in later.

I have my idea.

I'm also interested in what people think his parents are.

There's pretty good footage of them in the ESPN documentary above.

I'd say the ability to take a 1-4 team to 7-1 under your leadership, regardless of divine intervention, is a miracle in and of itself.

How Tall is Tebow? He's probably shorter than Vick. A lot of his passes are batted- b/c he's shorter than the linemen. It happens at least 3x every game.
I think he has some nagging injuries that he's not fessing up to as well.
He's exciting to watch, but when it's bad, it's BAD.

I'll have to check out the post outside of work...Although work's the only place I end up on the board.........

You can't hate on him. He may not be the purest talent, but who said that's all it's about? I'll have to see if they can take the division. The AFC West is weak.

Edit.....If he made Steven A a believer, I guess I should fall in line...............

KDude

How Tall is Tebow? He's probably shorter than Vick. A lot of his passes are batted- b/c he's shorter than the linemen. It happens at least 3x every game. .

Tebow is 6'3". Average QB height is around 6'5. Linemen are also around the same height. Not a big difference. Drew Brees is only 6'0" and look at what he can do. Vick is also 6'0", but he's just fast in and out of the pocket.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Tebow is 6'3". Average QB height is around 6'5. Linemen are also around the same height. Not a big difference. Drew Brees is only 6'0" and look at what he can do. Vick is also 6'0", but he's just fast in and out of the pocket.

That makes a lot of sense. Vick's more of a run first pass later QB, the O line is weak, he don't have that luxury to stand back the pocket and wait for somebody to get open. He gotta book. Quickly LOL.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Never heard of him before but now I have and he seems totally awesome.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Derek Fisher is probably a better guy than most pro athletes, but there WAS that time he screwed the Jazz over by using his daughter's medical condition to get his release and go back to the Lakers. The Jazz had stood by him and let him leave the team during the playoffs to be by her bedside, and he did them like that.

/offtopic

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Never heard of him before but now I have and he seems totally awesome.

I'm not laughing at you but I have to remember, not everyone begins their day with Sports Center like I do.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
:dry: I hate you. And Tim Tebow.

Overrated much.

6 straight wins. Giving it hell. For the bad wrap his playing in the NFL gets, I don't see how he's over rated by any means. He does definitely appears in the spotlight for a number of reasons though. I support Tebow.

www.tebowing.com

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not laughing at you but I have to remember, not everyone begins their day with Sports Center like I do.

I used to when I watched basketball a lot but not anymore.