• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Tebow

A

Anew Leaf

Man, I would be down for watching football if guys this good looking would play without their helmets on.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The tights aren't enough?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten QB, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life in the NFL playoffs.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten QB, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life in the NFL playoffs.

I loved his stat line.

10/21 316yds 15.0avg 2 td 0 int 125.6 rating

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I loved his stat line.

10/21 316yds 15.0avg 2 td 0 int 125.6 rating

I think this from Grantland puts his game in perspective.

In going 10-for-21, Tebow completed just 47.6 percent of his passes. What mattered, instead, is what Tebow got out of each of his dropbacks. By throwing for 316 yards on those 21 attempts, Tebow averaged a whopping 15.0 yards per attempt. That's only happened five times in the past five years, and the company isn't shabby: Drew Brees, Matt Schaub, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, and Philip Rivers matched Tebow's feat.

If you want to subtract some credit for Tebow's inaccuracy, use passer rating instead. Passer rating is flawed for a variety of reasons, but the biggest reason is that it favors quarterbacks with excellent completion percentages who never make big plays downfield. The second biggest reason is that it doesn't consider a quarterback's rushing ability. If there is any stat that would give an artificially low opinion of your typical Tim Tebow performance, it's passer rating. And despite all that, Tebow's performance on Sunday merited a passer rating of 125.6. Since 1990, only 29 of the 485 quarterbacks who threw 15 or more passes in a game put up a passer rating greater than 125.6.

Pittsburgh got Tebowed!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
10/21 3:16yds 15.0avg 2 td 0 int 125.6 rating

Let me make that just a little more obvious...

As in:

lens8423361_1260742936tim-tebow-john-3-16.jpg

As in:

"The Tebow Rule"

In 2010, a new rule for the next NCAA football season, dubbed "The Tebow Rule" by media because it would have affected him, banned messages on eye paint. During his college football career, Tebow frequently wore references to biblical verses on his eye black. In the 2009 BCS Championship Game, he wore John 3:16 on his eye black and the verse became the highest-ranked Google search term over the next 24 hours, generating over 90 million searches.

As in:

what-if-god-is-actually-real-and-tebow-is-the-second-coming.jpg

Some of the highlights from last night's game:

I feel bad for our non-American friends, who will probably never get to understand what we've all been witnesses to.

I've been a fan of many different sports my entire life, and this is undoubtedly the most amazing spectacle I have ever seen.

My father, who's been a devout atheist my entire life, called me after the game and flatly stated, "God meant for it to be this way."

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Anyone who dresses like this deserves to get beat.

ben-roethlisberger-wears-a-weird-hat-after-losing-to-broncos.jpg

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I completely agree, but there's a lot better reason for him to get beat than that.

Try googling "Ben Roethlisberger" and see what the first three auto-fill options are:

Ben Roethlisberger Stats
Ben Roethlisberger Rape
Ben Roethlisberger Wife

Hmmm... let's check choice #2...

Ben Roethlisberger Beats 3rd Rape Charge

April 12, 2010 Latest News-Politicol – Celebrity favoritism strikes again and those who heard today that Ben Roethlisberger beat his 3rd rape charge are not accepting the findings of the district attorney who dropped the charges. Alcohol plays a part in all rapes however it is not a reason to drop charges.

The alleged rape was in Miledgeville Georgia and the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence gathered by the DA office. This man was accused 3 times already although his case of being sued by a woman in Reno Andrea McNulty is still pending from 2 years ago.

ben-roethlisberger-drunk-pittsburgh-steelers-quarterback-tall-receiver-hines-ward-150x150.jpg

Drunk Roethlisberger-Raping History - 3 Charges and Counting

Today another court didn’t have the fortitude to prosecute this football player perhaps because of his football career, expensive lawyers and bullying tactics from the NFL who investigated the charges also. The woman was seen by a doctor and visual signs of physical trauma typically found in raped women that were recorded after the alleged rape incident happened to her.

There was no release of information regarding any DNA samples requested of Roethlisberger or whether his DNA was found on the body of the woman as evidence of sexual contact either by force or otherwise. Without these tests being conducted it is inconclusive as to whether he did rape the woman or not and he has not defended himself at all in any statement other than a denial of the case and evidence.

The facts released to the news media indicate that both the woman and Roethlisberger were in a small bathroom and both had consumed much alcohol from a night of bar hopping. Although Roethlisberger fed her more alcohol in the form of shots to the woman even after she was already under the influence of alcohol he had given her more booze.

A victim that is highly intoxicated is a poor witness for her own defense. It is obvious that he has bodyguards to protect him from criminal charges as he goes about his activities. The purpose of his numerous bodyguards is to keep watch for any witnesses.

This is the third time he has been charged and a pattern is definitely visible. The case of another famous NFL football player escaping charges of rape and criminal charge of : assault.

The Steelers officials win again in fending off further criminal charges of yet another football player found to be consuming large amounts of alcohol, bar hopping, and charged with assault a woman. The Steelers and their lawyers must have worked day and night to fight his charge -the third charge of rape against this player.

This man should be put away in a jail for years for raping women everywhere he goes and even a casual observer would be witness to criminal activity.

It shows that a rich football player can get away with anything today, and be backed by his handlers however this will not only destroy his self-image but the image of young boys who will think its really great to rape women and get away with it.

This player makes headlines by criminal charges over and over again and is certainly setting the role of football player in the hearts of young boys and his fans.

Any woman who gets involved with this guy whether in a hotel, a bar or walking down the street should look at his history and decide if he deserves the time of day. This is an aggressive man with a history of criminal charges of rape and any woman who would even speak to this guy would be setting herself up for an attack.

TAGS: Ben Roethlisberger beats 3rd Rape Charge, 3 Rape Charges for Roethlisberger-Politicol News, NFL beats Rape Victim again-Roethlisberger, NFL lawyers win rape case for Reothlisberger, Football players who beat rape charges, Police drop charges against famous football player, Latest News-Politicol News Ben Roethlisberger beats 3rd Rape charge.

Update: April 25, 2010- He beat his third rape charge but NFL suspended him for 6 games. Still its a slap on the wrist compared to jail time but he will lose over 2 million dollars in salary. Punishment does not match the crime and there may be more sanctions against Ben. Also Ben must get professional help -that means a shrink.

No team or player deserved to be on the losing side of last night more than Ben Roethlisberger or the Steelers.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
So, they really mean that? I thought it was just a prolonged joke.

For most people it is a prolonged joke. And I'm sure she is joking, as she linked a comedy skit by SNL. However, I have no doubt that there are some who believe god is involved.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
So, they really mean that? I thought it was just a prolonged joke.

It's a prolonged joke to me. I am sure there are people who think it's Gods will though. That's not a joke. I see him like any other young QB. He has skill. He has a very good defense. He is using his offense more intelligently than before so he is learning. That doesn't mean he hadn't been lucky too. I think, most importantly, he can motivate his team. They are buying whatever he is selling. All that equals wins.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The problem is that unless Tebow takes the team to the super bowl and wins, most of this will be forgotten about. An impressive feat to bring them as far as he has, but the novelty of it will wash away without the team bringing home a Championship title.

MBTI Type
INTJ
For most people it is a prolonged joke. And I'm sure she is joking, as she linked a comedy skit by SNL. However, I have no doubt that there are some who believe god is involved.

Agreed. Especially a portion of his teammates and opponents, which means that in a weird way, his religion IS helping him win.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I certainly do not understand it.

Is he not just a guy who runs and throws a ball better than others?
No, he's fundamentally worse than most NFL quarterbacks in this respect. Before he was drafted, he was projected by many people to not even be an NFL quarterback. They thought he would be a tight end or H-back. I still think that's where he'll end up. Many players have had fabulous rookie seasons only to see everything go downhill from there (Vince Young being one of those guys). I think Tebow will get destroyed next season, once teams start game-planning to stop him.