• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Tebow

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Christianity is always being badmouthed by the secular media. I mean the assholes are just lampooning the poor guy at every turn... Psht.

I know, a Christian could never get elected President in this country.

I know, it's horrible -- I'm sick of the atheists running the country and controlling both parties.

Don't forget about the Jews running the media.

I wonder how many of the above three people have actually observed and have a cogent thesis about the media's treatment of Tim Tebow throughout his career, and how many are making "high-minded" ironic comments whilst speaking out of their ass.

I'd also like to remind everybody, if it's somehow not already clear, that I am not a Christian.

That one fact is likely enough to deal with most of the ignorant asshattery above.

[11/30]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder how many of the above three people have actually observed and have a cogent thesis about the media's treatment of Tim Tebow throughout his career, and how many are making "high-minded" ironic comments whilst speaking out of their ass.

I'd also like to remind everybody, if it's somehow not already clear, that I am not a Christian.

That one fact is likely enough to deal with most of the ignorant asshattery above.

[11/30]

Uh.... I was being whimsical, not expressing "ignorant asshattery." :) Sorry that bugs you.

I actually knew who Tebow was before this conversation, although not nearly apparently to the degree that you have followed him. However, I'm not really into football in general, so much of what I learn is by observing conversations by friends.

My thoughts on the matter before this thread opened were mainly that Tebow has probably been a little more vocal than he needed to be and is a bit on a pedestal within his religious community and by his own accord, but is also being needlessly bashed by an aggressive media.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
^ That, more or less, though I've likely paid less attention to the media. I have noticed that he seems placed upon some sort of pedestal by some members of the Christian faith. This bothered me at first, but now I'm mostly curious as to how his career and peoples' perception of it will play out in the long run.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ That, more or less, though I've likely paid less attention to the media. I have noticed that he seems placed upon some sort of pedestal by some members of the Christian faith. This bothered me at first, but now I'm mostly curious as to how his career and peoples' perception of it will play out in the long run.

It's definitely the kind of polarization we're seeing lately. I mean, even Pat Robertson is now leaping in to criticize the criticism/spoofing of Tebo -- it's getting to the point where people are not arguing Tebo's actual record and behavior and the situations he's been in with the media, it's merely a war between established alliances and social forces in the ongoing secular vs Christian battle -- "oh no, he's one of them, tell him to stfu!" vs "oh no, he's one of us and he's being attacked, we must defend him!" kind of thing.

That's why I don't have much else to say about it. It just gets old, Tebow's not the first and he won't be the last "friction point" in that cultural battle.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
It's definitely the kind of polarization we're seeing lately. I mean, even Pat Robertson is now leaping in to criticize the criticism/spoofing of Tebo -- it's getting to the point where people are not arguing Tebo's actual record and behavior and the situations he's been in with the media, it's merely a war between established alliances and social forces in the ongoing secular vs Christian battle -- "oh no, he's one of them, tell him to stfu!" vs "oh no, he's one of us and he's being attacked, we must defend him!" kind of thing.

That's why I don't have much else to say about it. It just gets old, Tebow's not the first and he won't be the last "friction point" in that cultural battle.

Alright, now let's jump right into the 'War on Christmas'. Those godless secular Nazis...*shakes fist*

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4

[11/30]
Given the religious make up of this country, I think it's safe to assume that some (if not most) of the people criticizing Tebow also identify themselves as Christians. They may not be hardcore evangelicals, but that doesn't make them non-Christian. Atheists make a good scapegoat.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Is this that guy who throws a ball for a living and makes occasionally silly political statements informed by his fundie beliefs?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Is this that guy who throws a ball for a living and makes occasionally silly political statements informed by his fundie beliefs?

He sings too. This is a tad creepy.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

He sings too. This is a tad creepy.

If he had a dancing bear, he'd be a circus act

On a more serious note: I like him well enough. He's a really religious guy and puts it out there but then so do damn near half the people I work with. I dunno.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If he had a dancing bear, he'd be a circus act

On a more serious note: I like him well enough. He's a really religious guy and puts it out there but then so do damn near half the people I work with. I dunno.

I guess what he isn't seeing is that shoving stuff down others throats, no matter what it is, is going to get tiresome after awhile. I don't dislike him at all but of all the QB's....this one is just too adorable.

aaron-rodgers.jpg

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess what he isn't seeing is that shoving stuff down others throats, no matter what it is, is going to get tiresome after awhile.

I could see that. I guess I deal with it on a regular basis I've just become inured to it.

Which is a disconcerting thought all by itself :shock:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I guess what he isn't seeing is that shoving stuff down others throats, no matter what it is, is going to get tiresome after awhile. I don't dislike him at all but of all the QB's....this one is just too adorable.

aaron-rodgers.jpg
Where is Tebow making these comments? I don't recall ever seeing him make a comment about religion (or singing, for that matter).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Where is Tebow making these comments? I don't recall ever seeing him make a comment about religion (or singing, for that matter).

I saw something on ESPN and they had Tebow mic'd. Otherwise I would have no idea he was singing.

Flux

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's nonstop about this guy all the time on the radio. Idk, he seems like a nice enough guy and a pretty good football player. He is charismatic and built like a truck. But, he has a terrible singing voice.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone played the MBTI type game with him yet?

I'm guessing ISFP... but that is not my final answer. He seems sociable, but not particularly extroverted. (But I could be wrong there.) Also, his leadership1 style seems to come from within in a way more consistent with Fi. He simply believes what he believes so strongly, and lives it so completely, that people are willing to follow him. His physical work ethic reaches the near super-human levels I've seen surprisingly often from ISFPs, and he digs on cheesy motivational books and quotes as IFPs are wont to do.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] I guess we get to see my rapist vs your Jesus freak next week. :tongue:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They should flood the stadium with water. While everyone drowns Tebow can just walk the ball into the end zone.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
via Grantland:

Q: Why don't we have a Saturday morning cartoon in which Tebow and his sidekick Jimmer team up to constantly foil the sexcapades of Tiger Woods?
— Jared Robinson, Terre Haute

SG: You just gave someone the best idea for a four-minute Internet cartoon ever. Actually, I probably shouldn't be the arbiter for this topic. Let's just move on.