• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Louis CK: Live at the Beacon

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hey, guys, since there are quite a few Louis CK fans on this site, I thought I'd let y'all know that you can download his new standup special directly from his website today for $5, paid through PayPal, no extra fees. You can stream it or download it and burn it to a dvd or whatever. He's trying to cut out the middleman and just give his fans the product directly, and is just asking people not to torrent. I thought that was pretty darn cool. Anyway, mine is downloading now, and I'll be back to discuss the actual special!

So, any discussion of the show or of cutting out the dead weight and giving a product directly to fans can occur here. I would really like to see more of that. Just like when I go see someone in concert, I don't want to pay an extra $20 to Ticketmaster, when I buy a cd or dvd, I don't want to line the pockets of a bunch of executives, or pay for advertising or what have you. I think the time has come for experimenting with the model.