• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gift ideas for my bf's new Xbox 360?

KDude

I see no point in repeating myself to someone 3 times.

3 times? Either I'm drunk or my memory is plain shot. As far as I know, we've only exchanged one post about this - just now. And it's cleared up. What's the problem?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
3 times? Either I'm drunk or my memory is plain shot. As far as I know, we've only exchanged one post about this - just now. And it's cleared up. What's the problem?

check drunkenness or memory problem.

KDude

check drunkenness or memory problem.

Eh? This is the first time I even posted in this thread. And if you have some other problem, just be clear about it. I don't mind. I was willing to be cool with you and drop it, but now you're being a punk for some mysterious reason.

A

Anew Leaf

I would second the Skyrim idea!

I haven't gotten it yet, but I have heard lots of great things about it with its open world style. :)

I have some of the lego games (addicting and cute and fun), fable 3 (haven't played it yet... :whistling:), final fantasy 13, and some non game games.

Hope that helps! :)

A

Anew Leaf

Umm...Bioshock is a great game and it's pretty old now (4 years) so you might be able to get it on the cheap.

It doesn't have much in the way of open-world exploration, but it hits the rest of the points on your list.

Bioshock was an amazing game... but it's really scary :(. I didn't finish it because I freaked myself out too much by playing it in a dark room at night...

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Eh? This is the first time I even posted in this thread. And if you have some other problem, just be clear about it. I don't mind. I was willing to be cool with you and drop it, but now you're being a punk for some mysterious reason.

was willing to be cool? you're delusional.

KDude

was willing to be cool? you're delusional.

That's what I said, isn't it?

I acknowledged that you clarified in my first reply. It didn't have to be any more than that. Then you said something about "not needing to repeat 3 times" out of nowhere. We had one exchange. I've never even read this thread before this morning.

Wait... you're fucking with me, right? Good job.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
That's what I said, isn't it?

I acknowledged that you clarified in my first reply. It didn't have to be any more than that. Then you said something about "not needing to repeat 3 times" out of nowhere. We had one exchange. I've never even read this thread before this morning.

Wait... you're fucking with me, right? Good job.

You assumed that I said that SKyrim was only for NF's with your ignorant post, which is not what I meant at all. I only said that NFs tend to like fantasy style games. I clarified this the second time by saying that other types can enjoy fantasy style games as well and it seemed like you still didn't understand so I told you that I didn't want to bother clarifying it three times.

KDude

You assumed that I said that SKyrim was only for NF's with your ignorant post, which is not what I meant at all. I only said that NFs tend to like fantasy style games. I clarified this the second time by saying that other types can enjoy fantasy style games as well and it seemed like you still didn't understand so I told you that I didn't want to bother clarifying it three times.

You didn't have to say this more than the first time. I understood. Did you not get that? Do you read somehow read into me being contentious? My first reply said you clarified. My first reply. If you think I don't understand that I already know your reason, that is your problem. Not mine. If it makes you happy, this can already end. Jesus.

KDude

no shit sherlock.

lol.. This could have been a normal, bullshit conversation about games of all things, but you keep ending everything with smartass answers, as if something serious was at stake and I'm some "enemy". If this gives you a sense of accomplishment though, then go for it.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Bioshock was an amazing game... but it's really scary :(. I didn't finish it because I freaked myself out too much by playing it in a dark room at night...

Hahaha...yeah! I remember the first time I played it alone at night I gradually got really spooked and when I paused the game to get something I had to turn all the lights in my apartment on. :laugh:

A

Anew Leaf

ISTP vs ISTP is pretty fun to watch. This forum wastes too much precious energy upon INTP vs INTJ arguments.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I heartily recommend Skyrim. In a pinch, you can pick up Oblivion, the prior TES game from 2006, if he doesn't have that one already, which still has a fairly modern graphics engine and UI (it gets used in Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Skyrim, with various modifications and improvements).

Other titles that are worth his time, if he likes single-player fantasy combat include the Dragon Age series and the Mass Effect series.

D

Dali

I didn't see anything contradictory about [MENTION=7278]jixmixfix[/MENTION]'s first post. Just saying.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow this thread has exploded (partially in unforeseen ways) :laugh:

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions! I've been looking around on ebay and I managed to find Fable 2 on sale for less than £7 (used), which is a very good deal considering my rather bleak financial situation. Most of the other games are at least in the £30 realm and a bit beyond my budget. This is kinda a random, casual gift, that will just arrive on his doorstep one day and when he asks me about it I'll just be vague and innocent. It's like a book you pick off a park bench and start reading -- no pressure, no prior knowledge -- just pure discovery. He's tired of Street Fighter, so I want to find him something to keep him casually occupied until Christmas.

But the rest of your suggestions are extremely appreciated and we will definitely look into them the next time he comes for a visit and we need a new game to play. :blush:

And, yeah, Skyrim looks awesome -- I watched the trailer, but have slight reservations about how you're supposed to be killing dragons. I have a soft spot for them :cry:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And, yeah, Skyrim looks awesome -- I watched the trailer, but have slight reservations about how you're supposed to be killing dragons. I have a soft spot for them :cry:

Yeah, dragons are actually pretty nice, but their breath is awful.