• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anne McCaffrey passes away at the age of 85

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/11/anne-mccaffrey-in-remembrance

"McCaffrey was the first woman to win a Hugo Award for fiction, the first woman to win a Nebula Award, and the first author to hit the New York Times bestseller list with an SF title (The White Dragon)."

Rest in peace, Dragonlady. Thank you for taking us to Pern and all the wonderful worlds you have created :cry:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. I never realized she was that old. I think that makes her older than Ursula LeGuin.

She was definitely influential in the scifi/fantasy genre in the 70's.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh wow...rest in peace Lady of Pern.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sad news! Wasn't a big fan myself but she was quite a legend and her books were always all over the library when I was a kid (still are, I think.)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Noooo! I wasn't expecting that, although I did know she was vaguely old. I really enjoy reading her pern series, I don't care if they're trashy and sexist. Was hoping for more. :cry:

But, I've read the books written by her son with and without her co-authoring and they have the same vibe. So that might continue on, who knows.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never really warmed up to her myself. But she was such a big name in SF/F that her death did give me pause. :(