• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"A Dangerous Method" A film about Jung, Freud, and Spielrein

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No idea about its accuracy but with that cast and plot, I would watch it. Looks interesting, and hot.

Lark

Weird because I bought the book of this film, at least its the same title and content, just this week randomly in the second hand book shop.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the reminder. Yes, I want to see that.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm absolutely seeing this. I've been hearing about it for a while now, and I'm eager to see what Cronenberg does with this material, given his usual...style.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this in theaters anymore? Can't seem to find it.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I enjoyed it. I didn’t watch it that intently, however I noticed it seemed to “move” quickly in terms of the time scales so it had a quick pace to it. I always enjoy stories about competing personalities and movements, especially scientific ones. One likes to think that in science, “truth” is the final arbiter of a successful theory or model, but it can often be a wonderfully dramatic, personal, political process, as this film shows.

For the typings, I’m going by how they were displayed in the movie:

Jung: INFJ
Freud: ISTJ
Spielrein: ISTP
Mrs. Jung: ISFJ
Otto Gross: ENTP

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I enjoyed it. I didn’t watch it that intently, however I noticed it seemed to “move” quickly in terms of the time scales so it had a quick pace to it. I always enjoy stories about competing personalities and movements, especially scientific ones. One likes to think that in science, “truth” is the final arbiter of a successful theory or model, but it can often be a wonderfully dramatic, personal, political process, as this film shows.

For the typings, I’m going by how they were displayed in the movie:

Jung: INFJ
Freud: ISTJ
Spielrein: ISTP
Mrs. Jung: ISFJ
Otto Gross: ENTP

spielrein was an obvious ENFP, what made you see her as an ISTP :huh:? freud was obviously EXTJ(leaning towards N) in the movie, jung didnt seem like INFJ in the movie either, but i agree with mrs. jung and otto

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blockbuster doesn't have this. I am annoyed.