• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Most Anticipated Movies of 2011/2012

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have two:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_1X37SJcn4"]Lars Von Tier's Melancholia[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EolQSTTTpI4"]Pedro Almodóvar's The Skin I Live in[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you being ironic here? There's nothing listed.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2011 is almost over, so listing those movies is pretty pointless. Below is a list of 2012 only:

1. The Avengers
  2. Prometheus
  3. Dark Shadows
  4. John Carter
  5. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
  6. Star Trek 12 (tentatively scheduled for an Xmas 2012 release, apparently. Probably wrong, though, which is why it's not at Number 1.)
  7. Battleship
  8. Red Tails (George Lucas' NAACP movie looks to have some really cool dogfights, and perhaps a Wilhelm scream, too.)
  9. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
  10. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really looking forward to Mission Impossible IV directed by Brad Bird, soon to come out.

Others:
Brave (Pixar)
The Dark Knight Rises
Like Crazy (didn't get to see it yet)
Chronicle
Hugo
My Week with Marilyn
Another Earth
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (I've already see the original trilogy, I'm curious to see how the translation fared)
Paranorman
50/50
The Devil Inside
The Hunger Games

Nicodemus

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (I've already see the original trilogy, I'm curious to see how the translation fared)
Everybody says 'original'. It was just the first adaptation, and, apart from Noomi Rapace, not even a particularly good one.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everybody says 'original'. It was just the first adaptation, and, apart from Noomi Rapace, not even a particularly good one.

What didn't you like about it?
(I didn't read the books, so I don't have much basis for comparison -- but I did feel like Noomi Rapace's performance was the centerpiece of what I did see.)

I'm thinking I'm going to have similar responses to "Let the Right One In" vs "Let Me In." The American interpretation had a warmer emotional and visual palette, a better opening, and in some ways a better emotional arc, but for some reason the colder and less produced Norweigen version sticks with me more even if they both deviated somewhat from the novel (which I did read).

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Really looking forward to:

A Dangerous Method
It's about Jung and Freud! woo hoo!
Plus, its got Viggo Mortensen and Vincent Cassel--two of my favorite actors. And Kiera Knightley, who's really starting to grow on me. AND its directed by David Cronenberg (The Fly, Videodrome)!

Melancholia
Looks like another dark, disturbing, complex, and intellligent film from Lars Von Trier!

The Future
Directed by the quirky and brilliant Miranda July (Me and You and Everyone We Know)
Apparently, it was released a couple months ago, but I never heard of it playing in my area. What's up with that????
I've searched the Net, and I can't seem to get a straight answer.
Anybody know if it actually came out yet?

Mole

Permabanned
Titus Andronicus

Titus Andronicus.

Titus Andronicus reached right down to my bone marrow and beyond.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Hunger Games and Ender's Game. I know Ender's Game isn't scheduled to come out to 2013 though. What took them so long to make it into a movie?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The Dark Knight Rises

A Dangerous Method

The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey

And as for one that I may or may not go see, the Hunger Games. It's a shameless Battle Royale ripoff and the book sucked, but it read like it might make a nice transition into film.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Hunger Games and Ender's Game. I know Ender's Game isn't scheduled to come out to 2013 though. What took them so long to make it into a movie?

Shit, Ender's Game is finally being made? I didn't know that! It's been in development hell for the longest time. I've been anticipating that movie for so long that I gave up after it wasn't being made. Is Wolfgang Petersen still attached?

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Has anyone seen Hugo? It has garnered lots of attention lately and I wonder if it's that good.

I want to watch A Separation after reading many great critical reviews about it. Unfortunately it hasn't released here.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw Hugo 3D in the theater.

Speaking only for myself, it was in that class of movie that I immediately perceived as excellently acted, directed, designed, etc -- I knew I was in the presence of something very special in terms of quality, and if it wins awards, it deserves them -- and yet I have no interest in ever watching it again. For me it was worth seeing once, but that was all.

Another point in its favor is that the 3D elements actually in spots contributed to the presence of the movie, I'm thinking primarily about the workings of the train stations (with all the gears and infrastructure) as well as the panoramic views of Paris.

Shit, Ender's Game is finally being made? I didn't know that! It's been in development hell for the longest time. I've been anticipating that movie for so long that I gave up after it wasn't being made. Is Wolfgang Petersen still attached?

Gavin Hood is directing, and a few of the actors from Hugo (Kingsley + the boy) are in it.

Maybe I should finally read the book now.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I saw Hugo 3D in the theater.

Speaking only for myself, it was in that class of movie that I immediately perceived as excellently acted, directed, designed, etc -- I knew I was in the presence of something very special in terms of quality, and if it wins awards, it deserves them -- and yet I have no interest in ever watching it again. For me it was worth seeing once, but that was all.

Another point in its favor is that the 3D elements actually in spots contributed to the presence of the movie, I'm thinking primarily about the workings of the train stations (with all the gears and infrastructure) as well as the panoramic views of Paris.

Thanks for sharing! I've been tossing between this and The Descendent, and I'll give Hugo a try this coming weekend. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was going to see that in theaters, but I heard it was shit so I didn't bother.

Yeah, I didn't bother either, cuz it did SOOOO bad; it's now on my Redbox list instead. It would be nice to see a great exorcism movie sometime; the ones that have come out over the last few years seem to be strong enough to get into the competition but then wander off-course and never really seal the deal.

I plan on seeing The Grey next week. Hopefully, it will be worth the money.

I love Neeson but am unsure about this one. I don't think it will be bad; I just don't know if it's worth a full ticket.

I think I'm bumping The Cabin in the Woods into Devil Inside's slot. :D It's got Joss Whedon involved and the writer of Cloverfield, and looks like a horrific but sardonic spin on the typical hacker/slash "teenager slaughterfest" movie.

Thanks for sharing! I've been tossing between this and The Descendent, and I'll give Hugo a try this coming weekend. :)

The Descendent is definitely another one I'd like to see!

Ides of March just came out on RedBox from last year, I need to see that; I wanted to see it in the theater but never got to.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is Harmony Korine making anything? I'll be excited if he's making something.

I think he should finish "Fight Harm".
(from Wikipedia)
Korine originally intended to follow up Gummo with a short-lived project known as Fight Harm, filmed by illusionist David Blaine. It comprised footage of Korine engaging random people in actual street fights. In these he followed rules of always provoking the fight and continuing until threat of death. Korine, who often said he would die for the cinema, hoped to make a cross between a Buster Keaton vehicle and a snuff film, but after only six fights, he was hospitalized and forced to abandon the project.