• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Kids' Flicks

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I just discovered "Nanny McPhee," which has joined my list of favorite kids' flicks. The story's good, the acting's good, and the sets are beautiful. I absolutely love the colors in the house, and Sdalek wouldn't mind if I painted a room that way. (Seems like a lot of work--distressing and all that.)

I'm also very fond of "Finding Nemo," the Harry Potter series, "The Witches," "A Little Princess," and "Amelie." (Does "Amelie" count as a kids' flick? Maybe it's not.)

Anyone got other favorites?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ice Age!!!
SCRAT RULES ALL!!
;)

I recently watched Cars and that's not in the league. Toy Story used to be a fav as did Monsters Inc.

Sometimes it's the best of both worlds. Hidden meaning for your brain, slap stick incase your feeling evil and SIMPLE stories incase your tired.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Incredibles. Well done, and entertaining.

- That movie's on my top ten list, regardless of the viewer's age. It's simply an excellent movie in concept and in implementation. some others
- Hoodwinked
- Shrek
- The Iron Giant
- Beauty & the Beast
- Toy Story 1 & 2
- The Princess Bride

Movies I'm sort of ashamed to admit I enjoyed at some level:
- The Parent Trap (remake)
- The Princess Diaries
- High School Musical
- Big

MBTI Type
ENTP

that one is great. I love the style.

Finding Nemo
Zathura (I watched this with my sister last year, I was pretty amazed)
The Wizard of Oz
Harvey
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
A Christmas Story
Wallace & Gromit (the feature and the videos)
Snow White & the Seven Dwarves
Beauty and the Beast (favorite when I was a kid)
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
The Princess Bride
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Spirited Away
Back to the Future
The Secret Garden
The Secret of Nimh
The Parent Trap (original)
Rear Window (not technically a kid's/family movie but it was one of my favorites when i was a kid. )
Singing in the Rain (ditto)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just discovered "Nanny McPhee," which has joined my list of favorite kids' flicks. The story's good, the acting's good, and the sets are beautiful. I absolutely love the colors in the house, and Sdalek wouldn't mind if I painted a room that way. (Seems like a lot of work--distressing and all that.)

I'm also very fond of "Finding Nemo," the Harry Potter series, "The Witches," "A Little Princess," and "Amelie." (Does "Amelie" count as a kids' flick? Maybe it's not.)

Anyone got other favorites?

I love ALL of these, except I haven't seen Nanny McPhee. My sister-in-law recommended it, and it's on our Netflix list. Amelie is probably not appropriate for children but it has that childlike vibe to it. Doubleplusgood!

I LOVE almost anything by Hayao Miyazaki, but especially My Neighbor Totoro. Kiki's Delivery Service is a close second. Spirited Away is interesting but loses its center I think.

The BBC did a series of animated Beatrix Potter stories which are fantastic.

Star Wars, yes, pretty much a kid's movie.

Finally (for now), I'm not above Disney movies. :) Fantasia and Alice in Wonderland are two of the best.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
The Princess Bride is a kids' movie? That's our unofficial youth group flick. :blush:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Babe pwns all kids movies of the last 15 years.

The Iron Giant comes close though.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Babe pwns all kids movies of the last 15 years.

The Iron Giant comes close though.

Ooh, good choices.

You're a little biased when it comes to Babe, though, since you're in it.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The guy who did that movie actually does kids movies only because no one will make an animated adult film. The Iron Giant is an adult movie, and The Incredibles has some very dark undertones as well.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The ones that pop out as my favorites are:

Finding Nemo: Heartwarming, makes me want to drive two hours to hug my dad.

A Series of Unfortunate Events: Positively hilarious.

The Incredibles: The movie is real reguardless of who its meant for. It shows a real family, and does a great job of it, even down to how the powers specific to each family member mimic their personality.

Monsters Inc. : Also has an adult undertone of prejudice and an overwhelming human phobia of that which is unknown.

Mean Girls: Ya rly.

Alice In Wonderland: Just a well done quirk movie and it's still a good movie today, making it timeless.

Kanamori

101 Dalmations, Little Nemo, The Great Mouse Detective, Alice in Wonderland, and The NeverEnding Stroy... Bastian!

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love ALL of these, except I haven't seen Nanny McPhee. My sister-in-law recommended it, and it's on our Netflix list. Amelie is probably not appropriate for children but it has that childlike vibe to it. Doubleplusgood!

I LOVE almost anything by Hayao Miyazaki, but especially My Neighbor Totoro. Kiki's Delivery Service is a close second. Spirited Away is interesting but loses its center I think.

The BBC did a series of animated Beatrix Potter stories which are fantastic.

Star Wars, yes, pretty much a kid's movie.

Finally (for now), I'm not above Disney movies. :) Fantasia and Alice in Wonderland are two of the best.

:D

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
My favorites: The Neverending Story; Ice Age; I never missed the Wizard of Oz as a kid :blush: I loved Harvey, own it, still love it and the Harry Potter series, to start.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
all of the harry potter movies, any movie based on comics, any movie that uses computer graphics throughout (like dinosaur, toy story, ants, et al), and titan a.e.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate the computer animated movies they make these days.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Disney's animated Robin Hood and The Junglebook.

Shrek, Veggietales (Vischer era), Rikki Tikki Tavi.

I like lots of others, but those are the ones I could watch over and over.

I love The Princess Bride and Harvey as well, but I don't think of them as kid's movies.

wyrdsister

MBTI Type
Ape
Wizard of Oz... I'm Melting!

Labyrinth.... sexseh David Bowie.

The Corpse Bride... is that a child's film?

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
(....]Labyrinth.... sexseh David Bowie.[...]
1. Labyrinth, heck yeah. :heart: David Bowie since my birth.
2. Spirited Away...
I'd really like to see Zathura and the Corpse Bride...
Suppose Pans Labyrinth is NOT a kids movie, though I thought of it at first, probably cause the main character is a kid.

Aw heck,
3. Pans Labyrinth as a kids movie, that should keep kids in check. scared straight...