• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Grand Theft Auto V"

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, the trailer is out. And I must say that while the prerendered footage is impressive to look at, Grand Theft Auto V looks like it will still be geared to the realism of Grand Theft Auto IV, up to and including realistic driving physics that suck all the fun out of it. What's funny is how several people believed the trailer footage was from the actual game. I think they'll be in for a disappointment.

But at least it's implied that Tommy Vercetti will be returning! (I don't know if that was Ray Liotta's voice, though.)

But it won't be as fun as Vice City and San Andreas.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have never failed to be impressed with the GTA series since GTA3. Lets hope they don't have some super hard game killing tasks like in GTA San Andres. Until then looking forward to Saints Row 3 to keep my sandbox gaming alive.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
The driving physics were way off in the those games, and it was awesome.

Hahaha....yeah. The first time I played GTA IV I was kind of frustrated and disappointed with how real the driving seemed. That's not why I play GTA dammit!

Vice City and San Andreas are gold and always will be, but I still enjoy the GTA series more than most games.

I'd like to see one set in Europe or South America or something!

Lark

Hahaha....yeah. The first time I played GTA IV I was kind of frustrated and disappointed with how real the driving seemed. That's not why I play GTA dammit!

Vice City and San Andreas are gold and always will be, but I still enjoy the GTA series more than most games.

I'd like to see one set in Europe or South America or something!

Yeah but do those locations have the sorts of things which make playing those games fun? They would be really different, I've thought about some of the hyper realism in games, it started with the realism surrounding some of the blow back effects of big weapons like rocket launchers (which people quickly created patches or cheats to avoid) and its a catch 22, sometimes it cool because essentially you're living out a fantasy which you cant in real life but always with the "wouldnt it be cool?" factor on the other hand too much like real life and it wouldnt be fun, it'd just be real life. Its one of the reasons I dont know why people enjoy The Sims or couldnt understand the appeals of games like Sim City.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think GTA is evolving in the wrong ways as far as sandbox games. I agree that the lack of realism and flawed graphics are what made Vice City and San Andreas so much fun. But then GTA IV was more comparable to The Getaway.

Saints Row was the GTA rip-off that would hold me over until GTA IV, but after I was disappointed by the general tedium of the latter, Saints Row 2 ended up being my most anticipated sandbox game of that year. To be honest, Saints Row 2 was what GTA IV should've been. It was possibly the funnest game I ever played, and Saints Row: The Third looks even more fun. (It got a 9.5 out of 10 in the Xbox magazine.)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I thought GTA 4 was in the right step. GTA 5 looks great back to picking up hookers it seems.:thumbup:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
How is/was L.A. Noire? I'm more interested in that game.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Ive only ever played gta san andreas and it was nothing short of awesome. Should start gaming again.

KDude

How is/was L.A. Noire? I'm more interested in that game.

It's OK. I wouldn't compare the two though. The sandbox-y stuff is negligible. The core of the game feels more like an old school adventure title. Subtle exploring, finding clues, lots of dialogue, etc.. They concentrated on some of the more realistic aspects of being a police detective. Not blasting one's way through things. That said, it's fun.

I never could get far into GTA 4. It didn't feel like much of a change from the old formula. And I didn't care for the protagonist enough to even want him to succeed at whatever he was getting at. lol.