• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

F

figsfiggyfigs

I'm confused as to why they're running around taking out zombies, blood and guts flying into their faces willy-nilly, without any facial protection... no bandanas, masks, or goggles. Aren't they afraid of bodily fluid exchange? How clear are the characters supposed to be on the method of infection/transmission?
yea, when they're punching them and kicking them, i'm like " how are no bones cutting into you?!?!"

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
its called hollywood effect. (you can try to imagine it more realistic if you wish, like.. imagine them never showering, all the rashes that climate + no showering would cause and many other nice beauty destroying effects ^,.~)

Yes, Andrea and Lori's lipgloss, powdered faces, and gently moussed hair have not escaped notice.

yea, when they're punching them and kicking them, i'm like " how are no bones cutting into you?!?!"

Yar.

I watched the latest episode last night on my laptop, but I didn't see any mention by Herschel of how the infection operates. I question the idea of a latent infection like some types of meningitis. Aren't the blades just contaminated because they don't wipe them between uses?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[Before the last episode, in response to someone saying they thought Hershel would be the other major character death of the season] Really? Over ever-more-problematic, clearly gonna die in a dramatic stand-off in the season finale Shane?
Check (alright, episode before finale)
Also, the farm will probably be overrun either by zombies or other hostile survivors (or both) before the season ends.
....aaaaaand check.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

And when they stab them in the forehead, I'm like "Oh, I didn't know Acme Industries had introduced their new styrofoam skull model."

But such is the suspension of disbelief you have to accept in almost every zombie movie/show/book.

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Oh definitely.

It just goes to show how predictable and terrible the writing is by killing Shane off just when the audience expected him to. Although, I am glad that fucker is gone. WHATCHYA GONNA DO NOW ANDREA!!?!?!

I also heard that pictures of zombie Shane were leaked a week before, so there is that. AMC has to get its shit together and find the source of those leaks.

I hope Lori gets bit, turning her and the baby into zombies, leading to death by shotgun. :} <gets excited just thinking about it>

Edit: wait, so do bites ensure death? Or what? I mean, they're already infected, which means that the bite should have no real consequence. . .Unless it gets infected/they bleed out, ultimately dying...

Now, contrary to what all the characters desired, there is no hope for humanity. Everyone is infected, and will birth infected babies, ensuring that zombies will forever be part of the norm.

Amen to this post. Lori needs to die. Almost as much as Andrea.

My theory (which bears out from internet research) is that everyone has a latent infection (That's the secret that the scientist from the CDC whispered to Rick in season 1) and that being bitten by a walker just causes a raging infection that kills you within a few hours - it's not the actual cause for re-animation. Simply for cause of death. Implying one MUST be dead/almost dead in order for the virus responsible for reanimation to work, and that the virus in and of itself will not kill you.

Of course, we don't know how the virus would affect a immuno-compromised human. Or an infant.

The entire series is beginning to irritate me somewhat, simply because the characters are too DUMB and make too many mistakes to have survived as long as they have. Seriously? They haven't even boarded up the windows in the main house.
:wtf:

I would love to see the series written with the assumption that the surviving humans are intelligent/ruthless/logical/capable of planning.
And have them STILL LOSE.

The only character left alive that I like is Daryl. I hope he gets the hell out of dodge and leaves the entire group to it's pathetic and inevitable fate.

Little_Sticks

You think the knives they use would be so easy to cut through someone's skull? They just kind of thrust it in and it goes in, but I think a skull is stronger than that; it might require more of a force from like a hammer or something.

F

figsfiggyfigs

You think the knives they use would be so easy to cut through someone's skull? They just kind of thrust it in and it goes in, but I think a skull is stronger than that; it might require more of a force from like a hammer or something.
The only excuse I could allow is that theyve rotted quite badly? Haha

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Fucking fantastic episode.

SEASON FINALE SPOILERS AHOY: My thoughts so far.

* Lori is still a cunt. At first I thought she was mad about Carl shooting a walker, which is understandable. Then I realized she's mad at Rick. Is she mad he killed Shane? This makes no sense to me.

* Why hasn't anyone gotten the group some form of communication over distances? I understand that cell phones towers would cease to function after zero human maintenance, but get some walkie talkies or something. They have walkie talkies that function for several miles. These people have some of the shittiest survival skills.

* On that note, I'm glad that busted ass RV is gone. I never understood why someone would ride around in a Zombie Apocalypse with a vehicle that breaks down so often. The highway is covered in cars and RVs. Take your fucking pick. There must be dealership lots sitting around somewhere. Bust open a window, grab the keys, and leave with your brand new RV.

*This is what I'm most excited for for next season: (Spoiler: Screen cap from Finale)

Fuck. Yes.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Lori is such a massive bitch. First she tells Rick to do something, then when he does, she gets angry. What a bitch. I was like " are you fucking kidding me? you're actually upset with your husband for doing what he did, even though he told you that shane was trying to get to him first?"

URGH. Stupid twat.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Loved this episode. They really get it right when they utilize massive amounts of zombies. Of course, once they got away, it become inane again. WHY wouldn't you just pile into the same car for the few miles it would take to get to another massive abandoned car site, where you could siphon gas and get another car or eight? It would be uncomfortable, but you know what else is uncomfortable? Camping overnight in a place where you're sure to get eaten by zombies, until you (try to) escape in the same car? So dumb.

I'm ready to be rid of Lori. She's useless, and if they're not going to write her with any redeeming qualities, they might as well give us the satisfaction of seeing her used as zombie chow.

It was exciting to see Andrea going it alone in the woods and fending pretty well for herself, and really cool to see her mysterious savior--can't wait to meet her in the next season.

The prison looked pretty ominous, too.

What was the point of all the zombies having to come from Atlanta? That seemed a little far-fetched.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Know what I'd like to see, ZOMBIE ANIMALS, zombie dogs chasing after people.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That was a great episode, seriously this whole season has been fantastic. Now I'm sad though cause I'll have to wait till fall to see any new episodes :(

Anyway, thoughts:

-Wow, only two people died this episode? And it was the minor of minor characters? Would've thought they killed off at least a few more people, but I suppose now that they'll be more room for character development (that means give T-Dog some more damn lines. I'm glad he spoke quite a bit in this episode, but he still has no real personality so to speak).

-Lori and Carl need to die. The kid because he's annoying, as are most kids. But mostly his acting is kinda lousy in my opinion; I don't feel convinced that he's a real person sometimes and honestly I don't really care about him. Lori, well I don't really need to go into those obvious detials, do I?

-Really? The herd is the same one from Atlanta/Highway? Seems, improbable (especially since it apparently tripled in fucking size) but whatever. Although I did laugh a bit when all the walkers turned unanimously when they heard the gun shot on the farm.

-Man that was really sad seeing Herschel look back at his farm, the whole place being overrun by walkers and the barn set ablaze. Really powerful emotional scene right there.

-The first half of that episode was extremely exciting and enjoyable; it had the perfect blend of action and on-the-edge-of-your-seat thrill to make it a true season finale.

-HOLY CRAP! That chick with the katana and the reveal of the prison was fucking amazing! I'm more than eager for the next upcoming season.

-Rick's speech at the end of the episode about how they're 'not a democracy anymore' was really good as well. I like how Rick has become a little more cynical now and almost is embracing a darker side of himself. Also, anyone else notice the societal themes in this show?

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

That scene made me laugh so hard. Which is delightful.

Is it just me, or was the whole thing about them making camp a rather obvious plot hole? They're just going to spend the night and then continue exactly where they left off the day before? And where exactly would they all go (together, as Rick insists) to "gather supplies"? Wouldn't the highway have been the best bet?
God damn it.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am so damn pleased with how the second half of season 2 went. The writing has improved 100% from the awful first half of the season, and there were actual zombies in the last few episodes. Some thoughts...

- Hershel's reaction to the loss of his farm and the subsequent completion of his character's transformation was one of the best bits in the entire series to date.

- I think Shane's death was handled great...the faceoff with him and Rick was fantastic. I'd still like to know why he went batty though, especially ramming his head into that tree. Did something trigger that latent infection everyone has and cause him to seek his own death?

- I agree that Lori is annoying, but there is no way in hell she gets killed before that baby is born. She's probably the safest character in the show for now. Carl is also the only child, so I can't see how they'd kill him off either.

- Poor Dale. If this were real life, the loss of Dale would be the most significant loss possible. Not because he was a good fighter, but because he gave a shit and now nobody does except maybe Hershel.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I am so damn pleased with how the second half of season 2 went. The writing has improved 100% from the awful first half of the season, and there were actual zombies in the last few episodes. Some thoughts...

- Hershel's reaction to the loss of his farm and the subsequent completion of his character's transformation was one of the best bits in the entire series to date.

- I think Shane's death was handled great...the faceoff with him and Rick was fantastic. I'd still like to know why he went batty though, especially ramming his head into that tree. Did something trigger that latent infection everyone has and cause him to seek his own death?

- I agree that Lori is annoying, but there is no way in hell she gets killed before that baby is born. She's probably the safest character in the show for now. Carl is also the only child, so I can't see how they'd kill him off either.

- Poor Dale. If this were real life, the loss of Dale would be the most significant loss possible. Not because he was a good fighter, but because he gave a shit and now nobody does except maybe Hershel.

Re: Shane, didn't he do that to himself, to look like Randall had ambushed him?

I think you're probably right about Lori and Carl, though I bet once the baby's born she becomes less safe. Stupid Carl's probably with us to the bitter end.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Fucking fantastic episode.

SEASON FINALE SPOILERS AHOY: My thoughts so far.

* Lori is still a cunt. At first I thought she was mad about Carl shooting a walker, which is understandable. Then I realized she's mad at Rick. Is she mad he killed Shane? This makes no sense to me.
I've re watched it several times and it seems to be based on her reaction, that she's pissed off that Carl killed Zombie Shane.

* Why hasn't anyone gotten the group some form of communication over distances? I understand that cell phones towers would cease to function after zero human maintenance, but get some walkie talkies or something. They have walkie talkies that function for several miles. These people have some of the shittiest survival skills.
For realz. At least they had enough *sense* to meet up where they were when they lost Sophie.
* On that note, I'm glad that busted ass RV is gone. I never understood why someone would ride around in a Zombie Apocalypse with a vehicle that breaks down so often. The highway is covered in cars and RVs. Take your fucking pick. There must be dealership lots sitting around somewhere. Bust open a window, grab the keys, and leave with your brand new RV.
Ain't that the fucking truth! I've been saying that on the WD forum! Not the brightest group that's for sure...

*This is what I'm most excited for for next season: (Spoiler: Screen cap from Finale)

Fuck. Yes.
Yes, indeed. I just ordered the comic series. Can't wait to get them!! Next season should kick ass! Love how she has her boyfriend and his best friend in chains with no arms or lower jaws! lol

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
What was the point of all the zombies having to come from Atlanta? That seemed a little far-fetched.
They saw a helicopter and followed it's direction. Then, they followed Rick's gunshot. Also, if they didn't swarm the farm, the episode wouldn't have been nearly as good! I'm just so glad the writers stepped it up during the second half of the season!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm watching LOST for the first time, and The Walking Dead would be SO MUCH BETTER in the hands of someone like JJ Abrams. I'm invested in these characters, and in the story. They don't feel generic and whiny.

93JC

Wait until you get to season 2 and the story goes all over the fucking map and downhill.