• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Got around to reading the article--great suggestions! I was thinking the other day that it would be much more interesting if Rick had been a loner from Day 1 and never found his family. He'd meet folks like Morgan and his son, leave them to keep looking for his family, and would be faced with dangers and challenges as he figures out who he is in this new world. There was a real sense of anticipation in the first season before Rick met up with the camp. All that has vanished in this season.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Got around to reading the article--great suggestions! I was thinking the other day that it would be much more interesting if Rick had been a loner from Day 1 and never found his family. He'd meet folks like Morgan and his son, leave them to keep looking for his family, and would be faced with dangers and challenges as he figures out who he is in this new world. There was a real sense of anticipation in the first season before Rick met up with the camp. All that has vanished in this season.
YES! All of this!! As soon as he found them, the suspense was over!!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
YES! All of this!! As soon as he found them, the suspense was over!!

Yep! It's especially apparent if you go back and watch the first season, having seen this one. I really enjoyed putting myself in his shoes and seeing the challenges he was faced with, the unknowns.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Rick is old news, let him fade into the background. I want to see Glenn become more of a badass, and I want his farmgirl chick to come with him when they (i hope) leave Hershel's land.

Nic

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Did you know Rick is British? Best American accent since Lee Adama in Battlestar Galactica

His Southern isn't great. His vowels are off, as are Daryl's. Laurie, even though I hate her, has a fairly realistic accent. So does Shane. The guy who plays Hershel is actually from Georgia, and it shows.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Whoo! I finished season 1 and the latest batch (season 2?)

I really would be okay, actually, with the killing off of the children, if it wouldn't trigger a big cry-fest amongst the adults for episodes on end.

You mean the kids are boring for the show or because they slow down the survival chances for the group?

Is it me, or was Sophia's mom really mismatched with the abusive guy (before he got zombied), casting-wise? She looks like she'd run a feminist bookstore in Seattle, and he looks like he crawled out of the backwoods of Georgia.

LOL.

I thought she was suppose to be a cancer survivor? That's how I read it. Or perhaps her abusive husband messed up her hair so she shaved it. Or he shaved it off himself.

---
Does anyone else dislike Lori as much as I do? 'Cause I really dislike her. I don't like how the show is starting to center around Rick + Lori so much + kinda Shane of course, though I'm pretty sure he'll be out of the picture in some dramatic way soon.

I thought it was interesting how T-Dog's role is so minimal, like they were keeping around the last black character for another season just to not fall into the 'horror movie' stereotype. Then I remembered he needs to be around for when Merle shows back up.

To me Dale is the true moral center in the group, Rick/Lori etc. are kinda mired in their own relationship dysfunction. That seem to be a common trope in survival horror/action stories that 1 family's internal drama ends up screwing it up for everyone else. It kinda reminded me of BSG and how the characters I thought were the most admirable ended up getting killed off and the self-absorbed characters got to live.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Daryl rules, Glenn rules... that farm girl Maggie Greene it pretty cool.

Sophia sucks (the most). Wasted half a damn season on her.

Frank sucks, Lori sucks... Andrea reallllly sucks.

The zombies, as always, rule.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
No one owns a DVR?

No--I ditched cable. I've been downloading TWD since then, and yeah, I could do that later, but if it comes on this week, I wanna watch it this week!

Whoo! I finished season 1 and the latest batch (season 2?)

You mean the kids are boring for the show or because they slow down the survival chances for the group?

They're boring for the show, and they limit what the group can do. There's far too much angst about the children's future and wellbeing. In fact, season 2 was two angsty and soap-opera-y all the way around, due to the budget cuts. They suddenly couldn't face the scary new world out there. They had to sit on a farm and whine about kids getting shot and infidelity and possible pregnancy. All of this is stupid, non-zombie-Apocalypse stuff.

LOL.

I thought she was suppose to be a cancer survivor? That's how I read it. Or perhaps her abusive husband messed up her hair so she shaved it. Or he shaved it off himself.

---

Possibly, but they never mentioned it, I don't think. So he ended up being the redneck from hell, and she looked like a professor of Women's Studies.

Also, her character became useless and boring in Season 2. They have a lot to fix, IMO.

Does anyone else dislike Lori as much as I do? 'Cause I really dislike her. I don't like how the show is starting to center around Rick + Lori so much + kinda Shane of course, though I'm pretty sure he'll be out of the picture in some dramatic way soon.

Look around the internet--I'm fairly sure EVERYONE hates Lori with a burning passion. She is literally the worst thing ever.

I thought it was interesting how T-Dog's role is so minimal, like they were keeping around the last black character for another season just to not fall into the 'horror movie' stereotype. Then I remembered he needs to be around for when Merle shows back up.

They've totally wasted T-Dog, so much that it's almost embarrassing. I mean, none of these folks are stellar actors (with a couple of exceptions), but a T-Dog storyline would probably beat a Lori/Shane storyline any day of the week. And ugh, Karl.

To me Dale is the true moral center in the group, Rick/Lori etc. are kinda mired in their own relationship dysfunction. That seem to be a common trope in survival horror/action stories that 1 family's internal drama ends up screwing it up for everyone else. It kinda reminded me of BSG and how the characters I thought were the most admirable ended up getting killed off and the self-absorbed characters got to live.

Yeah, Dale is the moral center, but he's also kind of a self-righteous, borderline-creepy blowhard at times. I liked him a lot more in Season 1. But almost all of these characters seem generic to me. I don't feel like they're real people. Daryl and Merle are the most realistic characters, and I was sure at first they were going to be redneck stereotypes. But the actors elevated them to feel like believable humans. Rick was good in Season 1, because we were living the crisis through him--and that was very interesting and suspenseful. Once he found his family, he became too Dudley Do-Right, and too caught up in family stuff.

It was a huge mistake for them to have brought in a new batch of writers between seasons 1 and 2, and it was a huge mistake for AMC to cut this show's budget in favor of Mad Men's. I hope the second part of the season brings about some changes, or I'll probably just let it drift off my radar.

Yeah, BSG got weird the last season it was on. I liked how they tied some of the stuff together, but I didn't care about a lot of the characters anymore by then. Roslin had become fairly unbearable in the same way Dale is. I wanted to punch Starbuck in the face every time I saw her. I guess it's hard to keep a show from going off the rails the longer it's on. I'm glad Doctor Who hasn't fallen into the same traps so far. My dramatic eggs are pretty much firmly in that basket now. I like American Horror Story, too, and I'm kind of liking the theatre company idea of changing the story but having the same actors, but it's only been one season, and who knows if it can keep the momentum.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The commercial makes this new season look a lot more promising (then again anything is better than the slow and dull peice of crap that was season two, or as I like to call it, Hershel's Farm - A soap drama about the horrors of living on a farm with other people and eating food, with plenty of tired and bland dialouge).

I. Hate. Her. 'ZOMGZ you lied about Rick being dead whine! Carl can't go out there, he might be attack by zombies! Okay he can go out into the woods. Oh no he's been SHOT! Boo-hoo why was I so careless?! Carl want a gun? NO WAY! Carl really wants a gun? Sure why not; go get em cowboy! Risk Asian kid for pregger test! Piss in field (fan-disservice) I'm pregnant! Risk Asian kid again for abortion pills! Kill baby! Vomit! Cry and Whine Whaaaa!'

I hope the zombies eat her nice and slowly. It'll certain do good for the series.

I think T-Dog realized how bad the season was getting and wisely decided to hide in the background and not ruin his acting career ;)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
So what ya'll think of last night's episode?

I was a bit underwhelmed. I guess it's hard to live up to how breathtaking the last episode it was, so this one seemed dull in comparison.

I also really don't want Hershel to 'come around' and allow them to stay on the farm. I think the show is more interesting when they're on the move. I want them to get going. They can bring Glenn's little squeeze with them. Im also unhappy with the turn Daryl has taken. I liked him turning into 'the hero'.

MBTI Type
INTJ
So what ya'll think of last night's episode?

Well, it was still largely zombie-free, but I have to give them credit - stuff happened. Too much of the time in Season 2, if someone had asked me what happened in a particular episode, I would have stood there trying to remember if anything did.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Underwhelming, for sure, except for the last 10 minutes. Lori continues to be utterly useless. Where does she get off ordering everyone in the camp around? I don't like that she's appointed herself the First Lady of the camp because Rick is the leader. LOVED that Daryl called her Olive Oyl. Hilarious.

I liked the actors playing the sleazeballs in the bar, and I liked Rick realizing that he can't be Jimmy Stewart during the Zombie Apocalypse. He has to kill or be killed, and no one gets the benefit of the doubt where supplies and safety are concerned. I like Rick so much more as a badass.

I hope they leave the farm soon, and I wish the car accident meant the end of Lori, but I'm sure all it means is that she'll be annoying and helpless and lost, and they'll spend three episodes wasting resources looking for her.