• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

MBTI Type
INTJ
At least there was some excitement. This show is too predictable for me. So far, I preferred last years writers that were canned.

I agree. I think last year was a lot more interesting. I'm kind of sick of half the characters this year, and I'm reaaaaally done with Lori and Carol. And kind of with Dale, unless they start writing him better.

To be fair, it's a LOT easier to write the beginning of a story and set it up than to sustain it. I'm not sure the first group of writers would do a lot better. I thought the hanging zombie and Shane's decision were both pretty unexpected and interesting.

Everyone seems to think Shane did something horrible, but I think there's an argument to be made on both sides. If they had stayed together, it's likely they'd both have died, and consequently Carl would have as well. Why should they both die when Otis is more responsible for the situation? Honestly, I thought Otis would die, but because he would realize this likely endgame and stay to cover Shane. That said, Shane should have demanded that Otis give him the bag first. Then they could make a run for it and if Otis couldn't keep up it wouldn't cost anything. I wish we knew how far it was to the truck so that it would be clearer how likely or unlikely it is that they'd both make it before the walkers got them.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Shane is an @#!*% .

I think you would be right if both men were fit. I think Shane did it not just so the walkers would be distracted by food - he did it because Otis is fat and couldn't run as fast. For them to stay together Shane would have had to move at Otis' pace and they both would have died. So whether Shane should have shot himself in the foot and let Otis run is a moot point.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think you would be right if both men were fit. I think Shane did it not just so the walkers would be distracted by food - he did it because Otis is fat and couldn't run as fast. For them to stay together Shane would have had to move at Otis' pace and they both would have died. So whether Shane should have shot himself in the foot and let Otis run is a moot point.

Considering Shane had a broken leg or whatever, I don't think that it made much of a difference. They were jogging at about the same clip.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have been watching the show and I have to agree that I didn't completely see the Shane sacrifice Otis story plot coming but then again I am not surprised. The guy isn't really "bad" but he does tend to look out for himself a lot but also mind you he did bring back everything needed for the boy's operation so he isn't that bad I guess...? He is a very interesting character to me where you tend to like and dislike him at the same time.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It's one thing for Otis to have fallen and being left behind and another for him to be maliciously shot; at the very least he could have shot him in the head.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
It's one thing for Otis to have fallen and being left behind and another for him to be maliciously shot; at the very least he could have shot him in the head.
I agree. Shane is immoral. As soon as his bff is in a coma, he's banging his wife and now with Otis. They possibly could have both made it back to the truck had they not parked so far away or whatever that shit was. It's one thing to forget where you parked the car at the mall, but when your life is on the line, you think that would be something you'd be aware of.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I think Shane's character progression has been too inconsistent this season. I get the feeling that either the writer does not have a handle on how his characters are perceived, or he is arbitrarily manipulating them according to formula. Shane's recent behavior has essentially been psychopathic, but there has not been sufficient hints to make the development believable.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Resurrection!

They finally found Sophie and I can't say that I was surprised. Still, I'm not overly entertained by this show anymore. The faces Shane makes are just so nasty! Can't stand him. IN fact, there really isn't anyone on this show I do like, apart from the zombies. I would however like to see Shane pop the old man in the face and wipe off that dumb look he always has off. He's such a busy body! They're just all so annoying...

Anyway, I wasn't aware last night was the "mid season finale", but something tells me I can wait until Feb (or later) for the remainder of the season. ;)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now that episode was actually dramatic. I mean, the last three episodes have been so far somewhat boring compared to the first season; they always built up the episodes on Hershel's farm like someting exciting would happen but really it ended up being somewhat unsurprising. However the end of the previous episode was worth it.

I kinda hope they keep Shane around not as a character (far too much of an erratic douche-bag to live through the whole of the series) but rather as a plot device to get things moving; he actually does get shit done, granted even though it's insane and psychotic.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm glad Sophia is gone; too bad they didn't also get rid of Carl. As for Shane, all he's really doing is reinforcing my post-outbreak plan to shoot anyone and not help anyone who isn't in my group.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's amazing how bad this show is. I still watch it.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say it was over acted and the characters aren't likable. They're all whiny and just really annoying. I liked the first season, maybe because it was so short? lol

That seems like a fairly valid reason :yes:

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Shane, I don't care if he's driving the plot at this point, I want him to die. He's neither dangerous nor adding to the suspense, just incredibly annoying. Dale, Andrea, and Lori can all go too, actually. Smart move on their part to off Sophia, added some emotional punch that the entire season has lacked to date. And I want to proclaim my official love for Glenn, awkward bugger that he is.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Shane, I don't care if he's driving the plot at this point, I want him to die. He's neither dangerous nor adding to the suspense, just incredibly annoying. Dale, Andrea, and Lori can all go too, actually. Smart move on their part to off Sophia, added some emotional punch that the entire season has lacked to date.

Agreed. :yes:

And I want to proclaim my official love for Glenn, awkward bugger that he is.

He's a decent character; for some reason he reminds me a lot of myself.

F

figsfiggyfigs

no kidding.

As much as I dislike Shane, I completely agree with him. I would've done the same. I would've told Herhsal he forgoes ownership when there is no longer enforced and established law.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now that I think about it, why was everyone so concerned about the walkers in the barn? The barn itself was strong enough to hold all of them and there seemed to be little chance of them escaping; you'd think thr group would act a little more rationally about the whole ordeal.

MBTI Type
INTJ

I sort of agree. I had never seen the show until I watched the whole first season right before the second season premiered. I was so excited by the first season; I thought it was great. The second season is really lacking in plot and action. Every episode seems like 55 minutes of whining about the same issues that were whined about in the previous episode, and five minutes where someone has sex or kills a zombie. The most recent episode obviously bucked that trend and gave a pretty satisfying ending to the Sophia storyline. It left me eager to see what happens in the aftermath, so I guess well done Walking Dead. But the second half of the season really needs to break out of the inertia.

I also agree with those that say they don't really like the characters. Glenn, Daryl and Maggie are the only characters I really like. Lori and Carol are the worst. Perhaps with the conclusion of the Sophia story, Carol can soon become zombie chow. Then again, I hated every single character in Sex And The City and still thought it was a solid show.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I sort of agree. I had never seen the show until I watched the whole first season right before the second season premiered. I was so excited by the first season; I thought it was great. The second season is really lacking in plot and action. Every episode seems like 55 minutes of whining about the same issues that were whined about in the previous episode, and five minutes where someone has sex or kills a zombie. The most recent episode obviously bucked that trend and gave a pretty satisfying ending to the Sophia storyline. It left me eager to see what happens in the aftermath, so I guess well done Walking Dead. But the second half of the season really needs to break out of the inertia.

I also agree with those that say they don't really like the characters. Glenn, Daryl and Maggie are the only characters I really like. Lori and Carol are the worst. Perhaps with the conclusion of the Sophia story, Carol can soon become zombie chow. Then again, I hated every single character in Sex And The City and still thought it was a solid show.

I agree with all this. Well, except for the Sex and the City part, b/c I can't even make it through one episode of that.

And no matter where I go to read about TWD, everyone essentially thinks the same thing. No one likes the characters this season, nor the direction the show's going in. Didn't they fire all the writers at the end of last season? HUGE mistake.

I'm tired of the kids in general, but I thought Sophia's actress did a heck of a job being a zombie. If we could only ditch Carl.

I'm just tired of most of this cast, and I feel like the writers aren't writing people--they're writing DRAMA and SITUATIONS. but they're not doing it well. I am not living vicariously through these folks this season like I did last season. I'm not imagining myself in this scenario like I did last season. I'm mostly going, COME ON! </Gob Bluth> the whole time.

I can't even be mad at characters for choices they make, b/c it doesn't feel like they're people making flawed choices. It seems like they're pawns of stupid writers.