• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Mane

Permabanned
I think I missed something:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, that was just boring and lousy overall. maybe ten minutes was interesting, but I found it extremely boring.... so much that I was on my cell phone while it was running because it just wasn't compelling enough to keep my attention, unlike the first three episodes.

I agree the Beth episode was a bit of a snoozer.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I enjoyed this episode and while Emily Kinney isn't the best actress, I loved how she had to defend her survivor bonafides to Dawn, which spun us into the end of the episode. I thought it was refreshing that these hospital people were more realistic bad guys, as opposed to the cartoonish bad guys of Woodbury and Terminus.

I tend to like these episodes that focus on one or two characters away from the group. It's better than seeing another hour of the group tromping through the woods, deciding who's worthy of help, and stabbing walkers ad infinitum. I also like that in these episodes you get a glimpse of the wider world and how it all went down - I'd really like more of that.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I really enjoyed it, too, for most of the same reasons [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] mentioned, especially the "more realistic bad guys" part. The doctor, in particular- he wasn't an eye-patched badass, just a bespectacled nerd trying to figure out the best way to survive and thereby revealing his weakness of character. All things considered I found Beth's predicament much more legitimately chilling in its mundanity as I think it's much more likely to be the kind of thing I'd face in an apocalyptic situation than some of the more grandiose plotlines we've seen.

This whole season has been excellent so far, IMO.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I enjoyed this episode and while Emily Kinney isn't the best actress, I loved how she had to defend her survivor bonafides to Dawn, which spun us into the end of the episode. I thought it was refreshing that these hospital people were more realistic bad guys, as opposed to the cartoonish bad guys of Woodbury and Terminus.

I tend to like these episodes that focus on one or two characters away from the group. It's better than seeing another hour of the group tromping through the woods, deciding who's worthy of help, and stabbing walkers ad infinitum. I also like that in these episodes you get a glimpse of the wider world and how it all went down - I'd really like more of that.

I read some different reviews, and it seems pretty split. some reviewers enjoyed the episode, some had the same reaction I did. I mean, seriously, I could barely pay attention, I usually don't have that problem even when i think an episode is flawed; but I guess to each their own. It's good to know someone enjoyed it.

---

also, yes, the doctor -- i think he was one of the highlights of the episode; I like how that played out. But it wasn't enough to really make the experience exciting for me. You know, when you go back and watch some episodes you've already seen? This episode will never, ever, ever be on that list... except maybe for the last ten minutes.

I'm more interested to find out whether Carol is actually hurt or just faking it.

Mane

Permabanned
Well, the last twist...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got cable TV last week, so I was able to catch up on the last three episodes. I actually really liked them all; it was nice seeing some backstory for Abraham, for one. Yeah, major twist there with the hike to Wash DC; but not surprising. I also thought even the hospital scenes were decent enough in E7.

Good episode with Carol and Daryl (including the crazy ride off the bridge). I like how they can talk to each other without explicating the obvious; I don't know where their relationship is going, but they do care about each other alot, and Daryl actually opens up to her as far as Daryl ever opens up.

The zombies melted into the parking lot was pretty disgusting (but in the good way).

I still don't know to make of Gabriel. He's lucky if he doesn't get himself or someone else killed at this rate.

Finally. A sex scene. Who woulda thought? I just didn't expect the tone of it. Lol.

.... and so, here we go -- the mid-season finale. Will it suck, or won't it? I've typically had issues with their last two mid-season finales, where they seem to drop the ball. If Scott Gimple pulls off a decent episode, he will be my hero.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interview with Norman Reedus:
https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/the-walking-dead-norman-reedus-daryl-023943411.html

Is bad stuff gonna happen in the mid-season finale?

----
Interview with Kirkman:
https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/robert-kirkman-reveals-biggest-walking-dead-regret-050017430.html

I didn't mind much of the Season 1 finale that he is fretting a little over, although it could have been more interesting to hold off the one big spoiler (from that episode) he mentions about the virus.

I agree with his comments on Carol: She's been a real gem in the TV series.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I expect there will be some differences in reaction to this mid-season finale.

My personal reaction (in spoilers, since the episode hasn't been out 24 hours yet):

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Regardless, I did feel bad reading this:
(Interview with Axed Actor)

Anyway, it's all rather bogus (this snippet), for reasons stated:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My best friend recently said that if Colt had been smart they would have brought back the Python to cash in on the popularity of the show. Pythons are now in high demand and selling for an arm and a leg. Colt is broke and may default in the near future.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

This season has been a return to form. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I checked out a little bit during the Governor seasons (I think Rick's mental breakdown was the last compelling thing I remember before that) but this has been way more realistic and affecting, IMO.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ I agree that, whatever my issues with certain plots, this season (and the latter half of season 4) has been one of the best. Gimple might overall be the best showrunner so far.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's how I scanned Daryl as well (last paragraphs):

https://gma.yahoo.com/walking-dead-...exuality-161419625--abc-news-celebrities.html

The question of Daryl Dixon's sexuality on "The Walking Dead" has been a hotbed topic for quite a while.

... “I can make it official, Daryl Dixon is actually straight," Kirkman said.

He added that Daryl Dixon, played by Norman Reedus, is "somewhat asexual on the show" and that his introverted persona is probably his appeal to viewers.

...“I think he’s a virgin in my opinion,” Nicotero told "Nightline." “I don’t think Daryl has ever been close enough with anyone to have sex so I always imagined that he’s a shy 12-year-old kid who doesn't know how to handle the emotions that he has but has feelings for people on the show that he is close to but I never really imagined one way or the other that he’s had sex.”

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
^^ I agree that, whatever my issues with certain plots, this season (and the latter half of season 4) has been one of the best. Gimple might overall be the best showrunner so far.
Thirded. It's been a pretty entertaining season so far despite a few slow episodes.

A minor gripe about the episode is when Preacher had to get all stupid and go walkabout as a plot device to wreck the church as a safe place. I grow weary of "somebody has a major brain cramp" as the best thing the writers can come up when they need a reason to push the group out of a safe place. Just have them move on (for food/water/whatever) rather than have somebody just blow it (again).

Hey, and I've no Glen hate this season so far. Kudos for that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A minor gripe about the episode is when Preacher had to get all stupid and go walkabout as a plot device to wreck the church as a safe place. I grow weary of "somebody has a major brain cramp" as the best thing the writers can come up when they need a reason to push the group out of a safe place. Just have them move on (for food/water/whatever) rather than have somebody just blow it (again).

I happened to run across this online, but apparently Gabriel "didn't believe the story about the cannibals" and I guess just thought the deaths in the church were needless hostility. ["How stupid IS he?" was my response to reading that.] But yeah, he was going to the school apparently to check on the story... and found a little bit of Bob, which confirmed the rest. So then he realized it WAS all true, that humanity was depraved, and that the world was truly changed, and now he needs to change with it.

Or something like that.

Otherwise it came across to me like you said.

Hey, and I've no Glen hate this season so far. Kudos for that.

haha. Well, we've still come a long way since Glenn was used as Walker-bait in Herschel's well...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... It was all a dream, apparently. Or at least if a petition works as planned.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-dead-fans-petition-bring-beth-back-202955048.html

Die-hard fans of AMC's The Walking Dead have launched a Change.org petition to bring Emily Kinney's sweet and beloved character back to the zombie drama — and more than 30,000 people have joined the cause.... The petition says Beth's death "was far too soon and the writers threw away the potential of a perfectly good character."

"Her story wasn't over. Emily Kinney and her character don't deserve this. There was so much more to be done with her character and they chose to kill her in a disgusting, unsatisfying death that caused more anger and disappointment than shock and mourning. Beth was a symbol of hope that a lot of women could relate to and see themselves in (especially self-harmers who saw her as someone who overcame their suicidal/depressive feelings). By sloppily killing her it just shows that she was used to further a man's (Daryl's) storyline. We realize that the circumstances she dies in are irreversible, but this is television. Anything is possible. By signing this petition you can at least show your support for Beth. Let's show Emily Kinney how much we love her and want her back."

.... OH WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR T-DOG???

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
k8o61axo5xr6miasy3ti.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do we have a thread to type the characters because that would be super fun. :)