• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oi shit. didn't realize it contained very up to date spoilers, finishing the season off later today!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thats how i felt about it too haha exactly but i haven't watched it since its been back on. i mean...i thought the guy died?

OR DID HE?!??!??!??!?!!!!?!??!!?!?!?!

Quote the raven: NEVERBORED!

It's so effin' awesome(ly bad)!!

love reading your reviews jen. you should totally be a critic. :D

Do you mean here in the threads, or on my web site?

I didn't write any for awhile, but I tossed a few out over the last week. I'm working on one for "Noah" and "Believe" right now.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I can't say the finale was everything I expected. At least it wasn't one of those where they dump everything and try to make it sensational and make it stupid instead; on the other hand, it seemed a little underwhelming in the big picture sense. Maybe it didn't help that most of us have already guessed what is going on with Terminus... There weren't any huge shocks IMO.
The whole season was a bit underwhelming. But at least they didn't drag Terminus out like Woodbury. The shit hit the fan ASAP.

I still never would've guessed cannibals without your heads up. But because I was alert, they ran past an area while under fire that (when reviewed in slow mo) was clearly human remains (rib cages, spinal columns, etc). I noticed the carnage, but probably would have just glossed over it otherwise.

Beth still simply AWOL. At least Darryl mentioned her in passing. It's like the actress got into a feud with the producers and one day 10 minutes before production, they just said "Write her out. Now!"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thats how i felt about it too haha exactly but i haven't watched it since its been back on. i mean...i thought the guy died?

OR DID HE?!??!??!??!?!!!!?!??!!?!?!?!

The whole season was a bit underwhelming. But at least they didn't drag Terminus out like Woodbury. The shit hit the fan ASAP.

I still never would've guessed cannibals without your heads up. But because I was alert, they ran past an area while under fire that (when reviewed in slow mo) was clearly human remains (rib cages, spinal columns, etc). I noticed the carnage, but probably would have just glossed over it otherwise.

Beth still simply AWOL. At least Darryl mentioned her in passing. It's like the actress got into a feud with the producers and one day 10 minutes before production, they just said "Write her out. Now!"

Someone claimed one of the Terminites (hahaha -- Termites? Terminites? Terminusians? Termusians?) was wearing her sweater, but other viewers said the one worn at Terminus was not the same color as Beth's.

I TOLD you, they shipped her off to the cult on The Following, and she got her throat cut in the restaurant because she didn't have what it took to murder people, and she died. It was pretty messy.

Yeah, I'm glad they're not dragging it out like Woodbury. A whole season + another half to tie things up? Man, that was terrible. They should run them out of the prison at the end of Season 3 at the latest.

I don't know if Beth will be part of the calvary, but I'm pretty sure Carol and Tyresse will pull some badassery and if Carol survives, and Rick knows Tyresse knows about what she did, maybe that will give him grounds to relent his ban on her. Especially after she helped save Judith. I'm figuring she's got a free pass back in.

MBTI Type
INTJ

Yeah, the emphasis on "fixing you a plate" and then that (pretty subtle by TWD standards) boneyard had me fairly convinced. I wonder if we're going to find out that either Beth, Carol or Tyrese were served up with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be honest, Beth didn't look like she'd even make a mouthful.

Don't forget the empty bags of powdered milk and stuff near the boxcar. "Ve must vatten you up!" *pinches cheeks*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interview with Scott Gimple:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...son-5-and-what-mary-s-grill-really-means.html

Another pretty in-depth interview, including Kirkman:
https://movies.yahoo.com/news/walking-dead-dissection-robert-kirkman-scott-m-gimple-050000285.html

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/...happening-in-season-5----and-6-003222504.html

Also, I think Tara, Tomb Raider Chick, and the Head Guy w/ Glenn's Pocketwatch at Camp Cannibal (if that's what they are) are all gonna be regulars in Season 5.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8b1af770-b91c-11e3-9d2c-a91ed2acb379_b2072efc-1651-006b-c822-e933f47c0338_TWD_416_GP_1122_0162.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, and while the finale seemed a little sedate overall, I think what it shows is an "integrated" Rick.

Rick has struggled with his stance towards the world we live in.
He's been a man of blood.
He's been a farmer, to try to save Carl from a ruinous path.
Herschel tried to counsel him to be as much a man of peace as possible.

Rick has bounced between both of those poles.

What I saw in this last episode is Rick coming to terms with himself, finally, and transcending the categories.
He was capable of doing what he did to Joe, to save his people.
Shortly after, he's able to warmly tell Daryl, "You're my brother."
Rick is no longer insane or confused or driven by uncertainty of what he "should" be.
He is capable of being the leader that his group needs in the moment of that leading, and be at peace with that.
Man of violence and action; man of peace and love.
He's beyond external law now.

It helps that Carl is improving.
At one point, that boy seemed to be losing his conscience.
Carl is now able to question himself about whether he's a monster.
The fact he even cares enough to recognize and ask the question shows that Carl's doing better.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry about the watermark on this (it's the only image), but I thought it was cool -- the actual TV cast of the show done up like a panel from the comic book.

aavrd.jpg

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^This is very cool! Though Beth appears WAAAYYY too cheerful to be in the midst of a Zombie Apocalypse!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we need to keep tally and see whether Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead has the higher "kill list."

(PS. I'm kidding. Don't spoiler GoT by posting a pic in here.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scenes Cut From Walking Dead Premiere for Being Too Violent? | moviepilot.com

s the Season 5 premiere of The Walking Dead so violent and disturbing that some scenes have been cut?

This seems to be the case after an interview with star Steven Yeun - AKA Glenn - in which the actor claimed some scenes were so shocking, he wasn't even sure if they were even legal:

Said Steven:

I remember a couple of scenes I would look over at what was going on in the scene and I would be like, ‘What the eff? What are we doing? How is this legal? It's grounded and real, too; it's not like torture or gore for no reason. It's literally, that is what would happen and we are trying to show it. It would not work on network television, let me tell you that.

This is not the first time we've heard about the brutality of the Season 5 premiere. Only last week Lauren Cohan, AKA Maggie, made similar statements about the episode, saying some of the scenes were "so disturbing" she didn't think they'd make it onto TV.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
i made this thread?! man, it's been a while. i ended up forgetting this show and watching the whole thing on netflix (through season 3 or 4?) a few months ago. it's fun to watch and to yell at the screen at poor tactical decisions.

so i guess i ended up liking it, though my initial heavy-handed impression hasn't changed much.

Little_Sticks

New episode was good. Glad to see the black dude let himself go in an ... awesome manner. Cannibalism is freaky; seriously, how could people do that. I'd rather die, then have to kill and eat other people. There's something wrong about that in a way I can't put into words. It's like butchering and eating myself or something.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I really liked the premiere too. It felt like a return to form, to me. Hopefully they won't get stuck in one setting this season. I think that is what causes the show to stagnate.