• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tumblr_n4c0h5iLDg1tvksxlo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n44vk2mzxc1tsgv4ho7_500.gif

tumblr_nf2cswBK4v1rhhdzqo2_1280.gif

tumblr_nfgliwP2v11sbiblso1_500.jpg

looks like some vids here:
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s...t%26sview%3D28%26sq%3DWhite%2BHouse%26sc%3Dph

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finally finishing off Freak Show -- watched three episodes tonight, and I have two left.

Kind of a disappointing season, without much incentive to watch. Which is a shame. It was an intriguing theme, and the art direction was just really nice. But there just seemed to be no real focus and the storyline was all over the place. Also too many characters, I think. And the whole thing with Dandy kind of lost its way in the middle.

There were some good moments and inventive casting (like Jamie Brewer as Marjorie -- that whole sequence so far has been pretty darn creepy). The whole resolution of Dot and Bette's interest in splitting up was rather good. Elsa's secret past. The "Twisty the Clown" story. How Pepper got from the sideshow to the asylum (so sad). And so forth.

But some of it falls pretty flat, and it also just can come off as dark in a pointless and sick way versus being engrossing (like the whole deal with Jimmy Darling and his hands).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"But... but I'm a song and dance man, not an escape artist!" :rofl1:

Well, at least the last two episodes to cap the series were really good. With Asylum I thought the beginning and middle were better but then (aside from the end to the last episode) it kind of just disintegrated. With Freak Show, a lot of the middle seemed to be out of control and aimless; but it seemed to get better the closer it got to the end. And it had good closure. (EDIT: The critical response on RT seemed more mixed. I dunno. I liked how it seemed to come full-circle.)

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So is Mr.March an INTJ or ISTJ? I was obsessed with season 5, it's already one of the few television shows I watch regularly on demand, but I especially loved the last season. I thought Gaga was perfect as the cold dead Countess, and thought the slasher/ghost story mix of atmosphere was visually awesome, and I liked the 80s/90s goth/emo music. I know some people hated last season but it's probably my favorite, and the only one in which I appreciated Evan Peters as a man. So his character was some sort of TJ, right? Opinions please.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll be honest, I only watched one episode of Season 5. The concept seemed interesting, but it didn't hold my interest long enough for me to get into + I needed to clear off my DVR. I'll try again if/when it releases to Netflix or someplace, if it hasn't already.

I'm currently in the middle of watching Season 6 Episode 1. ("My Roanoke Nightmare")

It looks like it's going back more to its roots -- spooky mystery + haunted house/property theme. Kind of interesting presentation -- it's almost set up like one of those ongoing mystery/crime documentary shows, with overdubs of the "actual" people commenting on the story being reenacted.

It's a slower burn as well, compared to the opener from last season. It's definitely got some creep factor, but the success will depend on how strong the "big concept" is... at the moment, it's not clear.

The house itself is pretty cool.

The principle actors in the opener so far seem to be Sarah Paulson, Cuba Gooding Jr., Angela Bassett, and Lily Rabe.

Trash Panda

Retired
My reaction to season 6: Sarah Paulson. Sarah Paulson having sex. Sarah Paulson in a hot tub. Sarah Paulson drinking. Sarah Paulson talking. Crazy Sarah Paulson. I like Sarah Paulson. I like season 6 episode 1.

^^my small minded reptilian gutter brain.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did anyone keep up with this?

I just blitzed through Episodes 2-6 tonight (which makes me current, I think). Episodes 2-5 are pretty much as expected, just with some crazy over-the-top bloody nuttiness that would gross me out and leave me laughing simultaneously.

Then I hit Episode 6 and just died. I love this.

Anyway, the "documentary" style approach does remove some tension, but it's a bit different + allows for a different approach and makes sense later on. It reminds me more of Season 3 in that there's a kind of camp horror to everything versus the intense serious drama/horror of Seasons 4-5.

Looking forward to the next few episodes.

I'd advise avoiding spoilers. It won't ruin things, but it's more amusing the less you know.

There was one scene though where there were some new actors and I looked at one and thought HOLY FUCK IS THAT REALLY

and well, what do you know, but it was! That was great.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was "meh" on this season until episode 6. Now I can't wait for the next one.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Episode 7.

Kathy Bates is the QUEEN.

*mic drop*

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did anyone keep up with this?

I just blitzed through Episodes 2-6 tonight (which makes me current, I think). Episodes 2-5 are pretty much as expected, just with some crazy over-the-top bloody nuttiness that would gross me out and leave me laughing simultaneously.

Then I hit Episode 6 and just died. I love this.

Anyway, the "documentary" style approach does remove some tension, but it's a bit different + allows for a different approach and makes sense later on. It reminds me more of Season 3 in that there's a kind of camp horror to everything versus the intense serious drama/horror of Seasons 4-5.

Looking forward to the next few episodes.

I'd advise avoiding spoilers. It won't ruin things, but it's more amusing the less you know.

There was one scene though where there were some new actors and I looked at one and thought HOLY FUCK IS THAT REALLY

and well, what do you know, but it was! That was great.

I was "meh" on this season until episode 6. Now I can't wait for the next one.

So I had pretty much given up on this season of the show. I bailed mid-season on Hotel because it was just so needless. Then I saw you guys post and I was like...hm maybe it gets better.

Just got to episode 6 and...holy shit. :shock:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
AHHHH. I stopped watching after Season 4 which makes NO sense considering my immense love for Matt Bomer (and Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson), but I'm on a binge right now and it's everything I expected: blood, guts, and naked Matt Bomer. I don't know if it'll be as good as Season 1 (love my psycho Peter Evans) or Season 4, but still, great cast and perfect amounts of savagery.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Episode 9 was last week, this week is the season finale. Looks like the final body count (possibly) ended with episode 9, since one survived. Episode 10 pulls in a character (at least one) from another season.

And Taissa Farmiga even showed up for a bit in episode 9.
There was a lot at stake.

The ten episode season felt a little more manageable, honestly.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So that [Episode 10] was kind of nuts. A show within a show and then other shows.
It looks like the Butcher will sleep soundly tonight.

While folks are inclined to view the ghosts as the centerpiece of the season, Roanoke actually seems to focus more on the media as an indispensable element of American horror. Many of the deaths would not have occurred without the participation of the media in some capacity, whether to try to get ratings or to create a show for viewers or to bolster the actors' confidence and pocketbooks. The whole season was a media-hyped drama that resulted in many deaths, and it even delves into how the audience while part of the phenomena often isn't aware of what things are fabricated vs. actual nor do they appreciate the fourth wall being broken if it shatters their illusions.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SEASON 7: CULT

I just caught up with the pilot for Season 7 (AHS Cult).

So freaking over the top, I was torn between laughing hysterically at some of the craziness (and there's a few good lines too) and just throwing crap at the screen every time Trump's voice or visual came over the screen -- sure, I can read transcripts of his speeches, but I cannot stand to watch or listen to him. It would agitate me during the primary, and then during the election, and then during his term in office -- it just makes me ill.

The season isn't directly about Trump, but it deals with the social and political environment created by Trump coming into office. Evan Peters just probably has the best part this season, and he's taking the bull by the horns and running it into the ground. It's also nice to see Alison Pill in something, I liked her ever since seeing her in In Treatment.

So this season: Environment of fear, stoked violence, insanity, and a shitload of crowns.

maxresdefault-5.jpg

220px-AHSCult_official_poster.jpg

American-Horror-Story-Cult-trailer-shows-aftermath-of-2016-election.jpg