User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Something else: I feel as though loud rock music lets me release my inner ESTP. Seriously. When you are INFJ 6w5, you spend a lot of time trapped in your head, or it can happen easily. Moments of pure sensation, rather than dealing with thoughts and the feelings that they trigger all the time, are incredibly wonderful. And that's what happens when I listen to loud rock music or I'm at a concert. It releases me and it releases the Se, and it feels incredibly exhilarating.

Although it's not me wanting to cultivate a certain image, I have to admit that it kind of tickles me to be the girl who adores Def Leppard and who will also ramble on at length about obscure poetry. People sometimes think you need to be one or the other, and it's not really the case.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    clearly an INFJ 6w5 Sp/Sx liking this is evidence that this may be less type related than I initially though
    I only know ONE person who doesn't like any rock or really any other genres besides rap/hiphop and I kinda suspect it's because for whatever reason, he doesn't actually like the "music" part of it, but only the lyrics and possibly also the beat.

Everyone else I've ever met likes at least a few rock socks. Rock is so ridiculously diverse that I kinda don't believe you wouldn't like a single song in the group of songs classified as some kind of rock. How many rock songs have you listened to before dismissing the entire, massive genre with thousands and thousands of artists? I kinda suspect it's like saying you don't like hot food after trying a bowl of curry and a bowl of chili, and then eating sandwiches for the rest of your life. You're missing out!

Assuming your love of opera is based on the music and not based on wanted to present yourself as "cultured", I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't like some symphonic or progressive rock. A lot of it can be similar to opera musically. Certainly not "simplistic" though - I strongly suspect that it would actually be more complicated musically than opera since well, that's usually the whole point of the sub-genre.

An example of more melodic rock (but don't worry, they're British, so you could still keep your "high-class" airs ):

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uLauUUIMOU&feature=related"]Guiding Light[/YOUTUBE]
    and another one by the same band:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDv4bSZNllc&feature=related"]Zero Hour[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure if you would like those, since everyone's taste is different (I didn't know which to choose since I like about a million of their songs - the second song is one of my favorites ever) but it's more to show that "rock" is a ridiculously diverse group, which doesn't just consist of Led Zeppelin and their wannabees.

edit: another example, this one indie rock, also not fitting the rock stereotype that I suspect you're judging all rock by:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-K05oBku10"]Stars[/YOUTUBE]
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I tend to be partial to symphonic metal, so I guess you can say that my tastes are a classical and rock hybride and I am therefore more exquisite than any of you.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I tend to be partial to symphonic metal, so I guess you can say that my tastes are a classical and rock hybride and I am therefore more exquisite than any of you.
    Dream Theater?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm pretty familair with anime stuff and most of it is pop or rock. I kind of have to lol. The difference between Rock and Pop mostly is created by people who like to categorize and compartmentalize things, like people who frequent MBTI sites. But yeah, usually Rock is differentiated by an attitude and/or marketing. Musicians usually just create what moves them. Really great musicians tend to have very wide variety of tastes. I'm guessing you just don't like the image.

In any case, I love '60's folksy stuff, psychedelic, experimental, all that stuff when they were making something new and music was important in the grand scheme of things. I also love the the theatrical stuff, Bowie, Queen, The Who (theatrical and classic). Early heavy stuff, Cream, Sabbath. And even poppy one off singles and cool '80s new wave. Basically everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Basically everything.
    I bet you don't like Polka. Nobody likes Polka.

Not even the people at Polka festivals.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I bet you don't like Polka. Nobody likes Polka.

Not even the people at Polka festivals.
    Lol, I was talking about Rock. But I will listen to a Weird Al meddley anytime, and that Creole accordian music is cool. But, yeah, I don't load up polka while I'm going for a drive.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I doubt it has much to do with personality type, honestly, although it can. I like all kinds of music, and so does my S.O.
    It seems that a lot of people prefer the music they grew up with, or the popular music they hear on the radio, just because it's there and they hear it alot. Popular music defines generations of teenagers, and alot of people stick with loving the style they grew up with, their whole lives.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Thats a given bro.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------