• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite TV Shows

R

Riva

LOST (all time favourite), Misfits, That 70s Show.

Lost sucks! Don't even mention it in this thread. Infact we had a discussion about it in this thread.

It used to be one of my favourite shows until I realized that the writers were taking us for a ride. They created soooo many mysteries. The fans kept on watching the show thinking they would bring all those wonderful mysteries to a conclusion. But they never did. The show has more loop holes in it than we could possibly count. It's disgusting. In the end the show ended with as a 'MONSTER FICTION'. The evil doer was a MONSTER.

The show took a huge turn from schience fiction to MONSTER WARS!

Fuck Lost!

Those bastards took the fans for a ride!

Ingrid in grids

Past
  • The West Wing
  • Sex and the City (yes, guilty)
  • Faulty Towers
  • LOST (at least the first few seasons)
  • Daria

Ongoing
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Skins
  • Mythbusters
  • Shameless
  • Offspring
  • Modern Family (hilarious stuff)
  • Underbelly (some of which is good)
  • Glee (again, guilty)

New
  • Homeland (I honestly don't know why I like it so much... but I do)

Wow. That's a lot of shows. I don't know how I managed to come up with so many. I don't really watch that much television... at least when it's actually on television.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Firefly, Boardwalk Empire, Twin Peaks, The Twilight Zone, Babylon 5, Game of Thrones, Stargate SG-1.

I like them because they exhibit many qualities that I find likable.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Simpsons
Futurama
American Dad!
Family Guy
South Park
Star Trek: DS9
Star Trek: Voyager
Pushing Dasies
The Middle
Malcolm in the Middle
Top Gear
QI
and some random stuff I find myself watching

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sabrina the Teenage Witch seasons 1, 2 and 3 DVD :D

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Current (in no order): Parks and Rec, Community, Archer, The Thick of It (British show), Louie, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and fairly often Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Boardwalk Empire and Daily Show/Colbert Report.

Past: The Wire (number one with a bullet), Arrested Development, Mr. Show with Bob and David, Firefly (and others from Joss Whedon), Deadwood, earlier seasons of the Simpsons, Freaks and Geeks, Garth Merenghi's Darkplace, Batman: The Animated Series (at its best, it is still great even through adult eyes) maybe That Mitchell and Webb Look and a few others.

Last edited:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Current shows
The Good Wife*
Homeland*
Air Crash Investigation, aka Mayday
QI (funniest show on TV; and informative too!)
Project Runway

No longer running
Law and Order :heart:
Lost
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder

Also fun: The Simpsons, Top Gear, Friends, Downton Abbey, The Daily Show

*These haven't been running long and I've only seen 1-2 seasons so it's yet unknown if they will go majorly downhill (ie. I reserve the right to disavow them should they start to suck)

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Current shows
The Good Wife*
Homeland*
Air Crash Investigation, aka Mayday
QI (funniest show on TV; and informative too!)
Project Runway

No longer running
Law and Order :heart:
Lost
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder

Also fun: The Simpsons, Top Gear, Friends, Downton Abbey, The Daily Show

*These haven't been running long and I've only seen 1-2 seasons so it's yet unknown if they will go majorly downhill (ie. I reserve the right to disavow them should they start to suck)

Blackadder still runs on Gold... Sometimes, lately, different series every week, and to my sheer surprise and delight, Star Trek: Voyager is running again, on Pick TV @ like 6am in the morning and I don't have TiVo but someone I know does has it and they get to record them all... (Because I told them about Voyager running again on Pick TV). I want TiVo... :rofl1:

I came here to share this
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyrw_NwzWeE"]Honey I Shrunk the Kids Full Episode son YouTube :D[/YOUTUBE]
and express my delight 'again' about watching this show again thanks to YouTube and, the internet.

I know Blackadder. :rofl1: (and QI and, acouple of others you mnetioned) [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION]

I like Game Shows...

Like;
Have I Got News For You
Never Mind the Buzzcocks
They Think It's All Over (Out of production)
Question of Sport
Q.I

^Game shows that aren't really game shows but are paneled and guest hosted by celebrities.

William Shatner hosted 'Have I Got News For You' and that aired the other week.

malachite

Currents: Community, Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Mad Men, Doctor Who

Past: The X-Files, Pushing Daisies, The Simpsons, Avatar, Grey's Anatomy (until the musical episode; I just stopped after that >>)

These are mostly the shows that I got rabid about. Like waited in anticipation to watch the next episode. But my absolute favorite of the moment (and possibly of all time so far) has to be Community! #sixseasonsandamovie

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lost.jpg

pokemon.jpg

nba_bracelets_by_bigrob2515-d32egtr.jpg

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
  • Mad Men - I enjoy the characters and the puzzling necessary.
  • Game of Thrones
  • Breaking Bad
  • Workaholics - This is a guilty pleasure and leaves me feeling silly.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never watched a lot of TV shows. But when I do I tend to get pretty addicted/involved.

My current favourites are Sherlock (the modern BBC version), and The Big Bang Theory. Sherlock features my second fav actor to play my favourite fictional character, in the form of Benedict Cumberbatch. The whole thing is superbly cast, produced, exciting, moving, funny and sexy.

Big Bang Theory is just silly and fun.

For favourite older/classic TV shows, I love the 80s/90s classic Sherlock Holmes show starring Jeremy Brett (still my favourite Holmes), as well as Friends.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In particular, to keep the list from expanding too much...

Current:

Dexter
Game of Thrones

Old favorite:

Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis (Universe not so much).

V

violaine

I'm enjoying Workaholics again so far. Hopefully they diversify the storyline a lil seeing as they seem to have quite a few episodes this season. Looove Total Black Out, in the same way that I used to love Scare Tactics. Enjoying True Blood so far. And the Ricky Gervais Show. :laugh: Will catch up on Girls at some point and am still a big Tosh.0 fan. Not planning on watching anything religiously though. Well, except perhaps for The Colbert Report. :laugh: <3

Woah, that's a lot of teev. Will keep an eye on that.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I tend to watch one thing obsessively. Currently, Breaking Bad is taking up way too much of my time and attention.

Before that it was Sherlock.

Previous obsessions: Dexter, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, House... AND MANY MORE!

R

Riva

The Wire -

This is most probably the best show I've ever seen and you've probably never seen if you don't have this in your list. Nothing in it, isn't realistic. (Though I prefer to watch unrealistic shows.)

The show covered themes such as Police, detective work, office politics, Politics, media, childhood school issues etc in ways that no other show has ever covered.

The ending was the best ending I've yet seen.

Oooopsie, that's not the list. Here's the list, in no particular order -

Star Trekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Dexter
Two and a Half men
Family Guy
Sherlock - BBC Series
House
Psych
Mentalist
Monk
Desperate House Wives (Skipped a lot of episodes though)
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Blackadder
How I met your mother
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
The Killing
Top Chef
Storage Wars
Pawn Stars
Boardwalk Empire
Sherlock (I had an issue with one episode though where something made zero sense)

TV is really good these days. There are beautifully produced shows. And since you can watch anything just about anytime, we're lucky.