• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music Recommendation Thread

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Post here if you're looking for new music. You post a song, artist(s), or genre, and get recommendations for other music you might like.

Spontaneous contributions of good music are welcomed, but please label the genre or somehow otherwise specify who might be into that particular track.

Let the magic begin!

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm bringing this back because I want new music, and cause the idea wasn't as stupid as y'all were acting.

I'm looking for something in the same vein as what they would play on the background of an Adult Swim commercial break. Along the lines of...

RJD2

or Bonobo.

Just something chill and instrumental with some interest to it. I feel like [MENTION=1592]Gish[/MENTION] or [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] might be of use on this.

Anyways. If no one has any recs, feel free to post a request of your own. I just want new stuff! :party2:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
You'd probably like 40 Winks and Aether.

EDIT: I don't really have time right now to do more researching through my music catalog, but if you like this stuff I'll probably be able to make a much more detailed recommendation later.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, I'm afraid I'm not too much for chilling in that style lately. This is the closest I get:
Soul, instrumental.

My preferred style tends to be on the nearly obnoxious side of kitschy, I've got tons of these Ultra-lounge albums:
Lounge Music.

And, something you didn't ask for:
Ehh, Indie Country-Blues-Gospel.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION]

I appreciate the recommendations, gentlemen. Will check them out.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm looking for some new music in my life as well. I like lots of different kinds, but am really into raw sounds. I'm looking for some good chill music. I often just go to Sigur Ros in those situations, maybe some Radiohead. Just something good to melt away to.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I typically listen to things like Fleet Foxes, Of Monsters and Men, Train, Mumford and Sons, Relient K, Barcelona, Ingrid Michaelson, Norah Jones, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Civil Wars, The Avett Brothers, Matt Costa, Manchester Orchestra, City & Colour, etc. So if anyone has suggestions... :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you haven't heard Johanna Newsom

Or Great Lakes Myth Society-they're local

Or Jens Lekman

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I typically listen to things like Fleet Foxes, Of Monsters and Men, Train, Mumford and Sons, Relient K, Barcelona, Ingrid Michaelson, Norah Jones, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Civil Wars, The Avett Brothers, Matt Costa, Manchester Orchestra, City & Colour, etc. So if anyone has suggestions... :)

You've cast a pretty wide net, but two things immediately come to mind:

Daughter - "Landfill"

Local Native - "You & I"

I like this Bonobo sample.

I definitely know of other things in that vein. Berry Weight might be a place to start. I'd also recommend The Books, but they can be a bit of an acquired taste.

Additionally, I have a strong feeling you'd be into Rob Dougan if you don't already listen to him. And, Coriolis, if you missed out on Goat Rodeo Sessions' album last year, then you haven't heard one of the most masterfully executed, technically ambitious and flat out interesting albums in recent memory.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm looking for some new music in my life as well. I like lots of different kinds, but am really into raw sounds. I'm looking for some good chill music. I often just go to Sigur Ros in those situations, maybe some Radiohead. Just something good to melt away to.

Helios

and Alt-J (based on the Radiohead comment)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=3216]Thursday[/MENTION] Thanks! Definitely a good chill vibe.

[MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] The first one was perfect. I'll be using that for yoga for sure. And I already know and like Alt-J, so good call!

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you like Flying Lotus?

or Balam Acab?

Love Flying Lotus. Never heard of Balam Acab, but I like what you posted. The static gave me chills.

The atmosphere, some of the instrumentation plus femme vocals make me think of Emilie Simon.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] The first one was perfect. I'll be using that for yoga for sure. And I already know and like Alt-J, so good call!

Awesome. Always glad to be of help. :)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Music recommendations thread

Post a song and get recommendations based on it