• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

vicarious drum cover

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Some dude covering vicarious by tool on drums, some serious talent right there.

[YOUTUBE="E0lY3kpFzd4"]Vicarious drum cover[/YOUTUBE]

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont see anything so special on that, pretty basic good drummer..

This on the other hand is real talent:

And this, but bit different style:

And the same guy in 94 if i remember right:

I mean the last one is some serious talent, the guy is in his early 20's on the last video..

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
The first video is "some dude" covering Vicarious by Tool. The other videos basically show drummers that are already in a well-known band (CoF) or that had some collaborations with famous bands (Sami Kuoppamäki had contributed to some Apocalyptica and Stratovarius tracks, if I'm not mistaken).

I don't really understand why you'd compare someone who claims to have developed his own style and who had only played sporadically for about 10 years (I've read his Youtube biography) with what one could call "professional drummers". It's like saying people who make Jimi Hendrix covers and upload them on the internet aren't as good or talented as Jimi Hendrix.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The first video is "some dude" covering Vicarious by Tool. The other videos basically show drummers that are already in a well-known band (CoF) or that had some collaborations with famous bands (Sami Kuoppamäki had contributed to some Apocalyptica and Stratovarius tracks, if I'm not mistaken).

I don't really understand why you'd compare someone who claims to have developed his own style and who had only played sporadically for about 10 years (I've read his Youtube biography) with what one could call "professional drummers". It's like saying people who make Jimi Hendrix covers and upload them on the internet aren't as good or talented as Jimi Hendrix.

Talent is talent, its not dependant on which band you play in or if you play in a band at all.

I dunno about kuoppamäkis collaboration with those bands, he is best known from kingston wall(best progressive/psychedelic rock band ever btw) from 90's, too bad they didnt conquer the world before singer died, but they have legendary status in finland at least.

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Talent is talent, its not dependant on which band you play in or if you play in a band at all.

True enough, but the purpose of this thread was, as I see it, promoting a person who is fairly talented and has posted some drum covers on Youtube. I think I've seen similar threads started by the same user, but featuring other musicians.

I dunno about kuoppamäkis collaboration with those bands, he is best known from kingston wall(best progressive/psychedelic rock band ever btw) from 90's, too bad they didnt conquer the world before singer died, but they have legendary status in finland at least.

Mhm, and I've just found out he's currently playing in a band called Zook together with Jukka Jylli. I thought these guys took different directions.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mhm, and I've just found out he's currently playing in a band called Zook together with Jukka Jylli. I thought these guys took different directions.

But i doubt they started hating each other after kingston wall died, so them playing together again is no big surprice.
Oot salasoomalaine?