• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reproduced completely or in part?

Lark

I was wondering if anyone has noticed this? I noticed it in House MD that the episodes being shown on Universal where not the ones shown on SKY 1 or the ones on the DVDs when I bought them, I mean chunks of the show deleted.

I noticed it first in an episode with dream sequences in which they cut one in which House's team turn into zombis and he blows them away with his cane, which was fine, it didnt skip anything really but in episodes after that there are scenes which are largely allauded to, like his jumping off a balcony, or shooting someone with a compound bow.

Someone I'm friends with told me about episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer which were like this, to the point of causing confusion and plot which wasnt easily followed. This sort of thing is bound to effect viewing.

Should networks let you know that they are doing this? Like broadcast an indication that this is daytime show or the reduced show or cut to fit with scheduling?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thread moved to Arts & Entertainment.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Different countries have different regulations for the amount of advertising allowed per hour. The ones with more liberal advertising limits have to cut the show tighter. DVD of course, has no such restrictions.

N

NPcomplete

I heard BBC America edits out parts and sometimes speeds up some scenes in Doctor Who... I heard something about the DVDs too but nothing seemed very different when I compared the DVD material to the one I stream. So I don't know.