• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rage

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Anyone else excited about this new release, I read some reviews online and they look positive. I'm really liking what they did with this game, smooth FPS gunplay with RPG elements. Couple annoying things are the short 10-12 hour campaign and $60 price tag for the pc version? :S

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought the PC version was gonna be $50 like most PC games are. Regardless, I am getting the PC version, period.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No it's 60!

So it was.

And thus far, I'm a little disappointed, particularly in the fact that the game is extremely glitchy (especially with its texture pop-in issues). Hopefully, it'll be patched up soon.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
So it was.

And thus far, I'm a little disappointed, particularly in the fact that the game is extremely glitchy (especially with its texture pop-in issues). Hopefully, it'll be patched up soon.

I want to buy it pretty bad im getting the itch to, Id has always been good with the PC so I think it will be patched.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It looked interesting however it also looks like an amalgamation of Fallout and Borderlands, but without the depth and replayability of either. Pass!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, but dammit, it's ID. They're a legend.

However, I'd rather they'd come out with Doom 4 and Quake 5. Perhaps another Wolfenstein game, as well.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It looked interesting however it also looks like an amalgamation of Fallout and Borderlands, but without the depth and replayability of either. Pass!

it has the RPG elements, and the slick shooting unlike fallout when you shoot someone in the head it hardly phases them which is something that was lacking in that game. The game was announced before borderlands its just been in development for so long.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yeah, but dammit, it's ID. They're a legend.

However, I'd rather they'd come out with Doom 4 and Quake 5. Perhaps another Wolfenstein game, as well.

yeah I'm a huge fan of ID I really enjoyed doom 3 one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played the art direction was perfect.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hear the AI in rage is really good.

From what I'm seeing, so far, it's good enough. Nothing compared to F.E.A.R. or Condemned, but nowhere near as underwhelming as, let's say, Crysis.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Man, that was the worst ending I've ever seen.

I just bought it 2 weeks ago haven't finished it yet. So far it's not bad I'm enjoying it but it's not amazing either. I think they are making some DLC for it to complete the ending. The graphics are strange for one the art is incredibly detailed everything looks amazing from a distance, then when you get close up to the textures look like a muck. I configured the game to enable 8k texture resolution it looks a bit better but still a muck. I also had to update my ati drivers to the preview drivers or the textures would just have some horrible pop in. I would give this game a 7.5 or 8.0. ID tec engine 5 has some serious potential I find it will be the next big thing in years to come.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
From what I'm seeing, so far, it's good enough. Nothing compared to F.E.A.R. or Condemned, but nowhere near as underwhelming as, let's say, Crysis.

Crysis 1 was good, crysis 2 however was horrid. The single player was OK but disappointing they took out the open world concept and the multilayer was like playing halo 1 without vehicles.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I just bought it 2 weeks ago haven't finished it yet. So far it's not bad I'm enjoying it but it's not amazing either. I think they are making some DLC for it to complete the ending. The graphics are strange for one the art is incredibly detailed everything looks amazing from a distance, then when you get close up to the textures look like a muck. I configured the game to enable 8k texture resolution it looks a bit better but still a muck. I also had to update my ati drivers to the preview drivers or the textures would just have some horrible pop in. I would give this game a 7.5 or 8.0. ID tec engine 5 has some serious potential I find it will be the next big thing in years to come.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I also enabled the better texture work and from a distance, in lighting, the game looks wonderful but up close the texture work is dreadful.

The game only succeeds in showcasing how good its gunplay is; enemy animation and the kinetic feel of combat is superb. However there are some odd design issues and imbalances which boggle the mind, like the fact that your starting pistol with Fat Mamma ammo is the best weapon in the game and you'd be a fool to use anything else, which trivializes any sense of progression or improvement as you expand your arsenal. Yes you can empty an entire clip of the Authority MG into a guy and have him still be alive, but why bother when you can one or two shot him with your pistol instead. And the ending is about as exciting as the quests you pick up at the job board, and even then those probably last longer than the last mission did.

IMO I'd love to see the engine in other titles, as this game felt like a tech demo. Overall, not worth a buy until it's like, 20 bucks or so.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I agree with a lot of what you say. I also enabled the better texture work and from a distance, in lighting, the game looks wonderful but up close the texture work is dreadful.

The game only succeeds in showcasing how good its gunplay is; enemy animation and the kinetic feel of combat is superb. However there are some odd design issues and imbalances which boggle the mind, like the fact that your starting pistol with Fat Mamma ammo is the best weapon in the game and you'd be a fool to use anything else, which trivializes any sense of progression or improvement as you expand your arsenal. Yes you can empty an entire clip of the Authority MG into a guy and have him still be alive, but why bother when you can one or two shot him with your pistol instead. And the ending is about as exciting as the quests you pick up at the job board, and even then those probably last longer than the last mission did.

IMO I'd love to see the engine in other titles, as this game felt like a tech demo. Overall, not worth a buy until it's like, 20 bucks or so.

Well I don't use the fat boy rounds much that's because the mutants jump around and are too quick for a single pistol to hit them accurately so I end up using the machine guns and shotguns. Plus you cant really pick off people from a distance with the pistol. I think the A.I is also good but not great, there are plenty of times they just run out in the open waiting to get shot. If there's one weapon I think is OP it's the wingstick that weapon is too powerful u can skimp through the game with those alone if you keep buying them, why empty a clip when one shot kills them? it also follows the enemy as well when you throw it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Its a fun game and the graphics look great on the Xbox 360 in comparison with console games. I'm renting it but its a pretty good buy this black Friday weekend for 30 bucks. Wish it was a little deeper like Fallout 3/New Vegas instead of just running tasks. Good game 8/10. The shooting and driving controls are spot on.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Its a fun game and the graphics look great on the Xbox 360 in comparison with console games. I'm renting it but its a pretty good buy this black Friday weekend for 30 bucks. Wish it was a little deeper like Fallout 3/New Vegas instead of just running tasks. Good game 8/10. The shooting and driving controls are spot on.

I'm a huge fan of fallout played fallout 3 forever but I think rage is a different flavor def more of a shooter it deserves more credit for what it is. Too bad the ending was terrible.