• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Arrested Development to return!(?)

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0Y4s4GScw&feature=related"]This is how I feel[/YOUTUBE]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what took them so long? COME ON! :D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if Cera's character is happily married to his first cousin with their first kid on the way.

Beorn

Permabanned
Shooting of new season starts today!

tumblr_m7uc4hM2Tn1r6lwmoo1_1280.jpg

http://gawker.com/5932438/its-official-new-arrested-development-season-starts-shooting-today

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Beorn

Permabanned
New Trailer!

I love that Buster only makes various sounds throughout the trailer.

Not quite being neither seen nor heard.

Still...

You can always tell a Milford man.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
God, I need sleep. I kept looking under your post for the "like" button. Go to hell, Facebook!

Beorn

Permabanned
I totally forgot in the OC (I WILL call it that) it's still the 25th.

Probably won't see it til tomorrow as I need sleep.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I've gotten through the GOB episode so far, and I feel pretty mediocre about it all. Honestly I think they jumped the shark back in season 3 when Charlize Theron played a retarded person who Michael dated, and have been out of fresh ideas ever since.

Season four seems to be no exception, not resurrected from inspiration, but from the popular demand of fans who just wouldn't let it die. I don't know why the show has such rabid followers, it was never that far beyond other shows in terms of comedic value or anything. I think it does, however, have this sort of hipster vibe to it. People who like Arrested Development are proud about it perhaps because they think it is more intelligent than the other shows put out by a network like Fox, and thus would not appeal to the stupid mainstream. People love to feel special.

This season relies on crutches more than any other so far. The number of cameos is staggering. I think they have fallen back on cameos as a way to distract from the worn-out inside jokes and the cheesy puns they are relying on now. I mean, these inside jokes are 5+ years old now, people. Time to build something new... but then again, that would mean a totally different show..

Also I see more of a reliance on shock humor, which is disappointing. The latest episode I watched had GOB outrageously posing as Jesus in a church for a magic trick and obliviously blaspheming away as the congregation watched in horror. Not that I'm offended--it was kind of funny, but it was also kind of unoriginal and lacking in wit. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is the go-to show for that kind of humor, and they do it far better.

Then again, GOB is still tied with Tobias as the funniest part about the show. It's not as if I haven't been able to watch these episodes. It's still kind of fun I suppose. Maybe its biggest strength is the elaborate way the plot begins to interconnect as the episodes go on. An character's seemingly meaningless action or event might go unexplained for one or several episodes, later on to be revealed as an integral event in the plot of another character.

Overall, though, it does feel painfully like one of those times no one realizes the good old past is gone.. or, they do realize it, and they think that if they just try really hard maybe it won't be. Sometimes you gotta let go and move on.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
On episode 10 now. I was a bit harsh above, things are getting better as the season goes on. A couple moments have almost been L-O-L (lol).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am impressed with how well they picked up where they left off ten years ago. Only Steve Holt looks significantly different. The chemistry and writing all have continuity. I've never seen a remake pull that off before.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
It certainly is impressive. Then again, impressive isn't the best criteria for success..