• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where is your favourite place to read and why?

judidudi

MBTI Type
INFJ
I love reading in my bed with some candle lights (I know, not healthy for my eyes, but it's fun). But I can read almost anywhere. I love reading while sitting in balcony in summer or sitting by the window in spring, while it's raining outside. I love putting some ambient/instrumental/classical on when reading.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oooh, how did I miss this topic before? Or maybe I didn't, but I don't feel like checking back to see if I already posted. :p

I like reading in my bed or in a comfy chair at a coffee shop. For bed, I just like being in my bed... it's so warm and soft, and at bedtime I'm always excited to lie down, get cozy, read for awhile, and then fall asleep. It bring joy to me every day!

For the coffee shop, I like to read there because there's just something about the smell of brewing coffee, the background noise, and being around people but not "with" people that's kind of nice and cozy. I have to have a nice chair, though, or I don't like it. I wish I had a good reading chair and spot at home, but I really don't. If I ever have a bigger house, I'd love to have a little reading room. :heart:

I also like to read in cabins in the woods with peat fires and black coffee.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an avid reader and I can read in almost any setting although in noisier settings like a bus, I can get distracted. Most commonly I read in bed, in the library, on my work break, on the bus and while I'm waiting for someone or in the waiting room for an appointment. I'm one of those people that carries a book with me whereever I go.

If I'm reading something simple that doesn't require too much concentration, I can read with music or other background noise. Otherwise I prefer silence.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess it depends what I'm reading. Most of the time I'm actively reading for an academic purpose, so I like to be at a table where I have room for my book, any comparative books, my post its, my pencil, my pen, my notebook/notepad, and my dictionary (if needed for French reading). Reading for pleasure doesn't happen too much anymore, but I like sitting in the oversized armchair in my living room when given the chance :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oooh, how did I miss this topic before? Or maybe I didn't, but I don't feel like checking back to see if I already posted. :p

I like reading in my bed or in a comfy chair at a coffee shop. For bed, I just like being in my bed... it's so warm and soft, and at bedtime I'm always excited to lie down, get cozy, read for awhile, and then fall asleep. It bring joy to me every day!

For the coffee shop, I like to read there because there's just something about the smell of brewing coffee, the background noise, and being around people but not "with" people that's kind of nice and cozy. I have to have a nice chair, though, or I don't like it. I wish I had a good reading chair and spot at home, but I really don't. If I ever have a bigger house, I'd love to have a little reading room. :heart:

I also like to read in cabins in the woods with peat fires and black coffee.

Me too.

architect-studio-built-in-sofa.jpg

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I like to read in bookstores and generally anywhere in public places. I find it harder to read at a park or outdoors as I find myself wanting to experience being outdoors fully. That said, I have read a lot while walking for exercise.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely in bed. The bookstore is the very worst place to read a book as it causes me to look around a lot and talk to people sometimes and listen to conversations and wonder what people's lives are all about, (you can meet some interesting people in the bookstore.) Not only that. One book leads to another book leads to another book leads to another book leads to the internet leads to more topics which leads to more browsing and more books. So in the end I'm just wandering the bookstore making a big mess/ ruckus and drinking way too much Starbucks and then I leave wired and overly stimulated like 3 hours later. Similar things can happen in the home but on a lesser magnitude.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely in bed. The bookstore is the very worst place to read a book as it causes me to look around a lot and talk to people sometimes and listen to conversations and wonder what people's lives are all about, (you can meet some interesting people in the bookstore.) Not only that. One book leads to another book leads to another book leads to another book leads to the internet leads to more topics which leads to more browsing and more books. So in the end I'm just wandering the bookstore making a big mess/ ruckus and drinking way too much Starbucks and then I leave wired and overly stimulated like 3 hours later. Similar things can happen in the home but on a lesser magnitude.

Great description :D and yes this can happen.

Discipline! Discipline.

Lark

It can depend on the book or reading matter, I had a thing for ages in which I craved to sit back to back with someone or lie with my head on their tummy or hip/thigh and read but when I did it wasnt that much fun, so I'm sure my other dreams about reading in a boat on a river or lake of clear water would turn out shit too. The bunker life from early seasons of lost appealed for a while too.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
A quiet pub. I find it difficult to focus when I'm home, and there are too many people in libraries.
I do listen to music to block out outside noises, it's best when it is music that I recognize so it doesn't catch my attention.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooh, definitely in our sun room when it is raining and dark out.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
On my couch, with my feet tucked in between the cushions. Or on the porch in my parents' house. I've tried to read outside, but I can only ever manage it on an overcast day. The sunlight is just too bright on the page otherwise, even in the shade. Something about the contrasts make it hard to focus.

And oddly enough, I read best in a foreign place if I'm sitting on the floor, propped up against the wall. I'm sure it has something to do with high school and having to wait in hallways that made me enjoy sitting that way.