• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best move sword fight scenes

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whether they're more realistic fight scenes like the 7 samurai or ridiculously unrealistic like Star Wars is up to you

let's start things off with one of my favorites

PS: it starts around 3:30 btw

Lark

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zatoichi-DVD-Beat-Takeshi-Kitano/dp/B000296FWQ/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__img_b

Zatoichi without a shadow of a doubt, I believe, wildly unrealistic that any of the swordsmanship was feasible, let alone for a blind man but some seriously great depictions of the "drawing of the sword" techniques and single stroke kills of Samuari lore.

I dont know if that would even be possible, I know very little about Katanas but some of the legends of single stroke kills or beheadings sound like western sword "blessed blade" legends or myths, I've seen executioners beheading swords in museams and they are different, larger, heavier swords to regular swords or broadswords or even cavalry swords in order to make the cut possible, virtually with the weight of an axe.

The actual sword which is meant to be the best infantry weapon is the Roman soldier's short sword because it is a stabbing weapon as opposed to one which works with killing or maiming strokes or its edge.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Adventures of Robin Hood (the old one with Errol Flynn) - Robin Hood and Guy of Gisborne

A couple from the Princess Bride; Inigo Montoya and Wesley, and Inigo Montoya and uh...the guy with six fingers...what was his name?

To be honest, it would be easier for me to name "guys waving swords" films that I love, rather than specific swordfight scenes. Gladiator, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings would be a few. :D

S

Sniffles

Classic
[youtube="QEacXeAbHpQ"]Cyrano de Bergerac swordfight[/youtube]
Yeah, apparently they made a colorized version of this.

KDude

I think the recent one in that movie Troy was good (between Achilles and Hector). Some of the moves were taken from middle ages era documents, but it's one of the few movies I've seen that displays how much prowess there is (with shields) in western martial arts. Most movies just use shields for guarding. The movie itself is kind of weak though.