• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor: South Pacific

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I feel relatively optimistic about this season of Survivor. Both of the returning players of Coach and Ozzy are enjoyable to watch (although I would have preferred if they included a charismatic female veteran this season with a powerful social game) and many of the remaining contestants seem to have their potental (I do wish that they wouldn't pick some of the contestants just for their looks, as most who have been picked for primarily this reason have shown to be simply boring after a few episodes.

Ozzy is great in the challenges but I still think that his social game looks a bit weak despite a good start. I think siding for a person whose early vote off the island appeared inevitable was a mistake on his part.

Coach made a nice recovery from the initial cold shoulder he got and parlaying it into an alliance with a group of 4 others.

Little Russel (IStp) is entertaining but seems to have a bad strategy. I think hiding his family ties which will inevitably be discovered is a bad tactic. Should have been blatantly truthful and offered the theme of redeeming the family name.

I think that Jim Rice (ENTj) took the intuitive and prevailed in his effort to weaken Semhar while recovering from her public counter strike unscathed while getting some some connection with the Woody Allen like Cochran (IxTP) who I think will hang in there and alter the game one way or the other.

If I were to bet who is going to win this season I would bet Jim Rice (ENTj) or Coach (EnFJ) who I think has learned a few things from his prior attempts and is not as dumb as he looks.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Who will go tonight:

I suspect either Red Team: Dawn (older lady/mother having emotional issues at the beginning)

Blue team: forgot her name but the lady who initally commented on Coach/Ozzy saying they needed to be voted out when Jeff first asked her what she thought about those two.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Pretty damn excited!

I can't ever shun any season of survivor.

I'm excited about the season, I'll need to watch more before I make an semi accurate judgment on their types.

I'm glad couch is back. I don't like Ozzy this season. He seems to be using more Fe than usual. It's disgusting :laugh:.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
So far it has promise as a good season, I think. At the very least, Coach and Ozzy don't seem to be getting the dominating edit that Rob and Russell got over the last few seasons. I enjoy seeing *new* people moreso than those who've already played before. A season of *all* returning players in a all-star season every few years is fine, but the "let Rob crush the newbies" wasn't too fun (even though I generally like him). I don't think that Coach and Ozzy are strong enough players to dominate a season like that, although I think they should have brought back two women (maybe Brenda?) this season and then dumped the "two returnees and a bunch of new folks" thing.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Little Hantz doesn't seem nearly as intelligent as Russel. I do not believe he will make it far.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Little Hantz doesn't seem nearly as intelligent as Russel. I do not believe he will make it far.

He seems creepy and like he has some kind of weird issue with women. His odd equation of attractiveness with evil temptresses like Daliah and Eve is unnerving (his constantly bringing religion into it himself doesn't help) and and seems to reek of this weird, antiquated chauvinism. He creeps me out and if he keeps up that kind of weird uncomfortableness with managing his own (totally unprovoked by the woman) temptations, he can't possible remain viable for long. Especially after the merge, as there are several attractive women on the other tribe who'll probably still be around.

Beorn

Permabanned
He seems creepy and like he has some kind of weird issue with women. His odd equation of attractiveness with evil temptresses like Daliah and Eve is unnerving (his constantly bringing religion into it himself doesn't help) and and seems to reek of this weird, antiquated masochism. He creeps me out and if he keeps up that kind of weird uncomfortableness with managing his own (totally unprovoked by the woman) temptations, he can't possible remain viable for long. Especially after the merge, as there are several attractive women on the other tribe who'll probably still be around.

Yeah, it's weird and I wish he would just shut up about it or get voted off.

But, other than that I've enjoyed the episodes so far and am looking forward to the rest of the season. I started out hating coach in his first season, but I now like him and hope he does well.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I was shocked when during episode 2
. If I were coach I would have turned on him right there.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I dont think that the alliance of 5 minded too much that he attempted to get the other two outcasts to vote Makayla. The reason is

1. He voted with the alliance despite his grudge against Makayla
2. The prime concern of the alliance was that one of the outcasts would have the immunity idol and they (one of the Alliance) would have one of their members voted off.

That being said little Russel has lost some leverage by being caught scheming.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Who will go tonight:.... Blue team: forgot her name but the lady who initally commented on Coach/Ozzy saying they needed to be voted out when Jeff first asked her what she thought about those two.

Dead pool point!

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yay! Hello fellow survivor fans! I've come back to TypoC to discuss survivor with you all. :)

Coach and Ozzy back? Alright. *shrugs* I agree giving Brenda a second go would have been cool, but plz no more Parvarti.

Cochran is just a little too odd to be likeable to me. He's like a worse version of Stephen. They both went to Harvard, after all. But yeah, Stephen was a better social player.

I agree something weird is going on with Brandon (Lil' Hantz). I feel like he's cheated on his wife before and regretted it, and thus wants to get Mikayla out before he is tempted any more. That was hilarious when he showed Coach his tattoo and Coach was taken sooo off guard. XD I agree with you Patches. I can't believe he came clean in tribal and no one really made a big deal of it. It might be good to keep Lil' Hantz around since he obviously can't handle keeping things on his chest. Everything will be out in the air with him.

Bret is a creepy little bitch.

And by Bret you mean Brandon?

F

figsfiggyfigs

And by Bret you mean Brandon?
Remembering peoples names has never been my forte.

And why do you hate on parvatii?

Cochran is entertaining to watch. Let's see how long this continues before his weakness overwhelmes his humour.

Also, welcome back! It's good to seem you again.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Redemption island takes away from the story of Survivor.

Crazy Lil Russel primary story line seems insufficient.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Yeah. I'm sick of The "Little Hantz Show" already.

Will pay money for Coach to start acting up and telling Dragon Warrior stories about being abducted by aborigines and beaten in a tent, before a miraculous escape in a canoe through the Amazon.

Please.

Anything but Little Hantz having a meltdown about being a compulsive liar and wanting to cheat on his wife.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Redemption island takes away from the story of Survivor.

Yeah -- it seemed like a fun idea at first... until I realized that they'd replaced the reward challenges with it. It winds up simply requiring spending a big chunk of what limited airtime there is on players who, by definition, can't be a big part of the story of the actual game. There's also the bit about how the reward challenges were often a source of "stirring the pot" gamewise -- people being forced to expose alliances by choosing their teammates for rewards, getting alone-time with those they might not otherwise find things in common with, setting up opportunities for people to plot, etc. I think that's a pretty large reason why Rob won last season... he played well, but it was a *lot* easier for him to keep an alliance together when they were never separated for any length of time.

Yeah. I'm sick of The "Little Hantz Show" already.
Anything but Little Hantz having a meltdown about being a compulsive liar and wanting to cheat on his wife.

No kidding. I despised Russell, and was annoyed when I found out that they'd cast Brandon (queue a ten-minute segment of the reunion show where *Russell*, and not someone actually in this season, gets to talk about his relationship with Brandon -- you know it's coming). But the facts are that this kid is completely unready for this sort of experience. I don't like him (I think he's a backwards, misogynistic, brainwashed little creep), but part of me feels a bit sorry for him. This show has had a lot of odd folks, immature adults, etc. over the years. But none like Brandon. This kid seriously needs time to get his life together, *not* being put in the spotlight in a situation that many (including Brandon himself) interpret as chock-full of moral ambiguities, and not a game.

I'm rooting for his team to lose, even though I tend to like them more, just for the chance that they'll see the light and vote him off. Based on last week's episode, it looks like maybe that might actually happen, after his awkward little pronouncements.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh goodie things are beginning to get interesting :D

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And why do you hate on parvatii?

I dunno. I'm just kinda tired of watching her. Although she has used different tactics in the last two seasons she's been on, I still think she pulls the same strategy out of the hat every time. Namely, manipulating guy(s) by being a flirt.

Cochran is entertaining to watch. Let's see how long this continues before his weakness overwhelmes his humour.

Yeah Cochran is pretty entertaining. Although I wish he'd get some more self-confidence and stop with the put downs. Like I can't believe he refused to take off his shirt to go swimming that first day. Like who cares?

Also, welcome back! It's good to seem you again.
Aww thanks! :)

Yeah -- it seemed like a fun idea at first... until I realized that they'd replaced the reward challenges with it. It winds up simply requiring spending a big chunk of what limited airtime there is on players who, by definition, can't be a big part of the story of the actual game. There's also the bit about how the reward challenges were often a source of "stirring the pot" gamewise -- people being forced to expose alliances by choosing their teammates for rewards, getting alone-time with those they might not otherwise find things in common with, setting up opportunities for people to plot, etc. I think that's a pretty large reason why Rob won last season... he played well, but it was a *lot* easier for him to keep an alliance together when they were never separated for any length of time.

Wow! You're so right. I didn't even realize they'd nixed reward challenges. That's no good. Those were key points in the game for strategizing and such!

(queue a ten-minute segment of the reunion show where *Russell*, and not someone actually in this season, gets to talk about his relationship with Brandon -- you know it's coming).

Yeahhh. No doubt they'll have Russell at the reunion show. "Is your family name saved now?" *facepalm*

I think Coach is doing a lot better this season. He seems to be much more level headed and not worrying about impressing everyone else all the time.

That was a dumb move by Keith and Whitney. Now neither Ozzy nor Jim/Cochran/Dawn will trust those two much. Jim seems pretty in control of the game atm. That was great how he used what Ozzy said about Coach and Albert to his advantage. Ozzy is not playing very well. He trusted his alliance too much and let them talk, while being fairly unproductive around camp besides fishing.

I don't know who I'm rooting for. Maybe Coach.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Both teams schism! This is my favorite part of the game and the sooner and more often it happens the more I tend to find it entertaining.

I don't know who I'm rooting for. Maybe Coach.

If I were to bet it would be on Jim but if I were rooting it would be for Coach (although I think I would have preferred Michaela not to be the one voted out last night)