• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rugby World Cup

R

Riva

The better team of the day loses again!

Wales Vs France

Wales - 8
France - 9

I wanted the French to win.
But the Welsh surely deserved to win.
Yet another disappointing 'the better team of the day loses' scenario.

It was South Africa Vs Australia all over again.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Wales Vs France

Wales - 8
France - 9

I wanted the French to win.
But the Welsh surely deserved to win.
Yet another disappointing 'the better team of the day loses' scenario.

It was South Africa Vs Australia all over again.

No, no, you have to think of the big picture here.

Australia isn't going to beat the All Blacks and Wales has NO chance against them, where as France does.

SO, in order for a team other than NZ (boring) to win, you need to have a team who has a chance of beating them. Like France. It makes for a more interesting World Cup.

(as much as i would have liked Wales to win... /sadface)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That game was TOTAL BS! It sickens me that France won that. :mad:

God knows why any ref would hand out a red card in a finals match (or anytime really) without ABSOLUTE certainty that the player acted with malice. This is especially pertinent after what happened at the last World Cup. What a way to ruin the game and undermine the result entirely :dont: . Wayne Barnes is currently welcoming Alain Rolland to the despised ref club.

Poor Wales! :(

R

Riva

No, no, you have to think of the big picture here.

Australia isn't going to beat the All Blacks and Wales has NO chance against them, where as France does.

SO, in order for a team other than NZ (boring) to win, you need to have a team who has a chance of beating them. Like France. It makes for a more interesting World Cup.

(as much as i would have liked Wales to win... /sadface)

Edit -

Sorry, I misread your post.

NZ are the best Rugby team in the world. Sadly they have only won one world cup.
But then again, France has been in two world cup finals (this being the 3rd) has never won a world cup.
The French are the Dutch (in football) and the English (in Cricket) of Rugby world cup finals.

So I would like to see the Kiwis beat the Aussies, but wouldn't care who wins the finals if the Kiwis get through.

R

Riva

Another New Zealand Vs France world cup finals it is.
Who would win this time?
The 3rd world cup finals for both the teams.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Go black! This game answered so many questions.

1. The stage is not too big for Cruden.

2. This loose forward trio is the best in the world.

3. I'm not very good at making lists.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
:banana2::bananallama::moonwalk::yays::bananachamp::static::drunk::bunnyglee::yesss::mexbanana:

OMG! NZ is in the final! :boohoo:

The ABs played incredibly well! I was so frickin' scared before the game that they would choke and the Wallabies would crush them. :aquiver: :eeep:

A noble effort by the Aussies. It's a travesty that France made the final and Australia didn't.:rolleyes: :dont:

R

Riva

Wow,

For a country full of sheep and a population of less than 3 million, TypC does have a boastful amount of New Zealenders.

wolfy

awsm
Was a great game, looking forward to the final.

2059226_lrg-169.jpg

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
:banana2::bananallama::moonwalk::yays::bananachamp::static::drunk::bunnyglee::yesss::mexbanana:

OMG! NZ is in the final! :boohoo:

The ABs played incredibly well! I was so frickin' scared before the game that they would choke and the Wallabies would crush them. :aquiver: :eeep:

A noble effort by the Aussies. It's a travesty that France made the final and Australia didn't.:rolleyes: :dont:

Wull done!

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Might as well post this now. I went to the Canada vs AB's game and HOLY SHIT did we get good seats. We were right under the coaches' box and the rest of the team were RIGHT next to us! Cory Jane was literally 3 seats to my right, next to Nonu. Behind them sat Afoa, Kahui and gasp... Richie McCaw. So starstruck.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Some of you may have seen the many Piri Weepu memes floating around, like this one:
f0701aff_ectfo.jpeg

Now it seems he has basically become the NZ Chuck Norris. I've seen these sayings around and they're know as the "Piri Weepu effect". Here's some of the better ones: :laugh:

Piri Weepu destroyed the periodic table because Piri Weepu only recognises the element of surprise.

Piri Weepu can touch MC Hammer.

Piri Weepu can divide by zero.

Some people wear Superman pyjamas. Superman wears Piri Weepu pyjamas.

Piri Weepu once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants are known today as Giraffes.

It takes Piri Weepu 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.

Piri Weepu CAN believe it's not butter.

If you spell Piri Weepu in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

Piri Weepu can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

Piri Weepu can slam a revolving door.

Piri Weepu played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

Piri Weepu doesn’t wear a watch. HE decides what time it is.

In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Piri Weepu could use to kill you, including the room itself.

Piri Weepu uses a night light. Not because Piri Weepu is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Piri Weepu.

Piri Weepu is the reason why Wally is hiding.

Google won't search for Piri Weepu because it knows you don't find Piri Weepu, he finds you.

The original title for Alien vs. Predator was Alien and Predator vs. Piri Weepu. The film was cancelled shortly after going into preproduction. No one would pay nine dollars to see a movie fourteen seconds long.

Piri Weepu counted to infinity - twice.

When Bruce Banner gets mad, he turns into the Hulk. When the Hulk gets mad, he turns into Piri Weepu.

The show Survivor had the original premise of putting people on an island with Piri Weepu. There were no survivors, and nobody is brave enough to go to the island to retrieve the footage.