• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post your three favorite albums.

Within

Permabanned
This is inexcusable. You are a cheat. You disgust me.

More truthful words have never been spoken. May the god of typoc hear this summon and grant me the powers of a madmin of typologycentral for one week. I will root out all of the evildoers, this I pledge.

G

Ginkgo

Now just who in the hell do you think you are listing 17 honorable mentions? Do you think that the thread rules don't apply to you? Do you think you're just that much cooler than everyone else that you're above the rules?

Uncommonentity listed one honorable mention, which is acceptable because OP set the bar on that.

Marmie Dearest stated, "If I didn't narrow it down to a desert island, it would be my top 30 favorite albums, not top 3." But she didn't list 27 extra albums, did she? She mustered up the strength to list only THREE.

Catbert stated, "Seriously, I'm not even going to attempt it as it'd take far too long to decide." He didn't even attempt to do this due to time constraints... And he also has enough respect not to list 20 albums.

All of these people did what they did because they have RESPECT.. But you, cretin, seem to think that you're better than everyone else and that the thread rules don't apply to you. The thread title doesn't say "Post your three favorite albums with 17 honorable mentions" now, does it? This is inexcusable. You are a cheat. You disgust me.

:rofl1:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
the microphones - the glow pt 2
low - the great destroyer
pavement - crooked rain

i really love my bloody valentine's loveless too
and sparklehorse's it's a wonderful life

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Narrowing it down to three presents itself as quite the challenge. However, I'll try.

Radiohead - In Rainbows/OK Computer (Can't decide on which one, as both are equally good in their own respects. If somehow forced on a desert island in which I could only take one, after intense self-deliberation I'd eventually pick one and spend the rest of my days thinking of how great the other one was.)
Pixies - Bossanova
Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tony Banks- A Curious Feeling
Genesis- Duke
Nik Kershaw- Radio Musicola

Lark

At the moment its:-
- Stone Roses, Best of The Stone Roses
- U2, Best of (the first disc, the one with streets have no name)
- The essential Johnny Cash

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very hard to narrow it down to 3 - so many I have to leave off, but here are 3 that I feel deserve praise for being great all around albums.

Xandria - India
Sirenia - The 13th Floor
Nightwish - Century Child (Imaginarium may surpass it, but I've only heard 1 track from it so far)

S

SingSmileShine

Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
Nevermind, Nirvana
Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd

Yes, I'm aware that these three albums are among the most popular albums for the bands. Yes, I'm also aware that they are the best. :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
Nevermind, Nirvana
Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd

Yes, I'm aware that these three albums are among the most popular albums for the bands. Yes, I'm also aware that they are the best. :)

No joke, I clicked on this thread just now to say I was considering bumping one of my original choices for Wish You Were Here. It gives me the chills. Shine on, you crazy diamond. :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Double post, again again.

S

SingSmileShine

No joke, I clicked on this thread just now to say I was considering bumping one of my original choices for Wish You Were Here. It gives me the chills. Shine on, you crazy diamond. :)

You're not wrong! Lovely choices. :)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In order of chronological personal discovery, my most loved albums:

Massive+Attack+-+Blue+Lines.jpg

Massive Attack Blue Lines (1991) (love this album so much. the album of the 90s)

1178972290_nirvana_unplugged_ny.jpg

Nirvana - Unplugged in New York (1993) (probably not their best, but it was the first I listened to and made me understand Nirvana are not just noise, but actually a band with an emotion at their core)

mellon-collie.jpg

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995) (again, probably objectively not their best, but it was the first I listened to and I learn how to play the guitar from this album)

5117.jpg

dEUS - Worst Case Scenario (1994) (another album that I listened to on repeat and defined my teenage years)

Belle+and+sebastian+-+tigermilk.jpg

Belle and Sebastian - Tigermilk (1996) (such a sweet album, used to play it with my friends all the time)

Portishead-thumb-479x479-59107.jpeg

Portishead - Dummy 1994) (this album changed the whole listening experience. Stopped listening only to rock and started listening to electronic/drum&bass and also to "world" music. it made me open up and become the whole music lover that i am now)

images

Jeff Buckley - Sketches for my sweetheart the Drunk (1997) (it was my first Buckley album, so it's closer to my heart)

61xjevhgwl_ss500_.jpg

Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation Of (1998) (such a fierce album from a woman. one the first albums that I remember by a woman artist. Very empowering)

2115.jpg

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun (1999) (I had just broken up with my bf and I listened to that and stopped crying in a sec. I still "use" that album now when I'm feeling agitated/anxious

John-Coltrane-Trane-s-Blues.jpg

John Coltrane - Trane's Blues (1999) (again, not the "official" best, but I listened to this album so many many times, i probably know every little note by heart)

ShowImage.aspx

Lhasa - The Living Road 2003) (again, not necessarily the best in an objective way, but it was the first i listened to so it's closer to my heart)

Ani_DiFranco_-_Living_in_Clip.jpg

Ani DiFranco - Living in Clip (1997) (love this woman so much, this was a hard pick, but its her most genuine one)

JoniMitchellBlue.png

Joni Mitchell - Blue (1971) (a more recent - last 10 years - discovery, but one of the albums that most resonates with me for its lyrics and emotion)

Nicodemus

Thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

you can arrest me. i shall suffer the consequences for choosing not to abide to the rules.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
S.C.I.E.N.C.E-Incubus
Hatebreeder-Children of Bodom
Under the Table and Dreaming-Dave Matthews Band

Each of these albums are sort of the seeds for how my music grew and eventually evolved.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have so many favourites that its impossible to choose 3, so ill just give one, because its been one of my favourites for the longest(since 96, when i was 10):

Sepultura_-_Roots.jpg

Best metal album ever made

" Screaming For more justice
Amazonia burns
Can you hear them ?

I'll fight To save another day
So join us
And we'll make them leave this land

Threatening To kill how we feel (but) if we stop them it'll be worth dying for

When you go down !!! When you go down motherfucker ! When you go down !!! When you go down fighting !!"
------
"I Believe in our fate
We don't need to fake
It's all we wanna be
Watch me freeeaaak !!

I say
We're growing every day
Getting stronger in every way
I'll take you to a place
Where we shall find our

Rain Bring me the strength
Is breeding me this way
To get to another day and all I want to see
Set us free

Why Can't you see
Can't you feel
This is real Ahhh

I pray
We don't need to change
Our ways to be saved
That all we wanna be
Watch us freak"
----
" 1964
Coup d'etat
Military force
Hundreds dead

Why did they disappear ?
Dictatorshit
Why did they disappear ?
Dictatorshit ...

Spirit still alive
We still hear the cry
From the one that survived !!

Why did they disappear ?
Dictatorshit
Why did they disappear ?
Dictatorshit"

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Blood sugar sex magik- red hot chili peppers
Renegades- rage against the machine
Highway 61 revisited- bob dylan

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
i don't think there is any single album where i would like all the songs without exception, but these are among the ones that come closest:

Jimi Hendrix Experience "Are you experienced?"
Pink Floyd "Piper at the gates of dawn"
Radiohead "OK computer"

each of them has a strong personal significance - the music represents some of the most intense feelings i have had during certain periods of my life, or even those periods themselves, perhaps.