• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Xbox 360 query .. Need assistance

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
There has to be several 360 tech heads on here .. If so, i need your help.

My kiddo's 360 is not reading any disks and he is dying without COD *sigh* hehe

The warrenty recently expired so i looked it up and found out how to dismantle the Xbox so getting to the eye/lens (whatever). I cleaned it and although at first it was working, now it only reads but not plays.

So someone told kiddo to purchase this, which i have done:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBOX-360-...s_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item3f07d49b6b

I was hoping to dismantle the bloody thing again (fine apart from the 7 clips on the back which are a pain the ass) and insert the new drive, but someone has told kiddo you need to have a key as the xbox is reading the current key on the one that doesn't work.

So my question to you is this: can i just remove the old, shitty drive and replace it thus kiddo can play his games or am i going to have problems and will require some kind of key to get it to work? Or something completely different?
That's 3 questions but thats irrelevant ;)

Thank you in advance.
Much appreciated :)

Atomic Fiend

Warrenty expired huh? I don't suppose you can deliberately overheat your X-box and turn it in to a local game store and have them replace it with a refurbished one?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
[MENTION=8456]Tofu562[/MENTION]

Thank you ever so much for your help. I'm not messing with it, too big of a project. I'll just buy him another 360.

;)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You might be able to sell the broken one on eBay.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Not sure if anyone would want it .. Maybe spares. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion :hug: