• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You can hotkey 1-8 on PC, and get a mod for even more. When pressing Q for the favorites menu, highlight your spell/item and press the key you want to set.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
You can hotkey 1-8 on PC, and get a mod for even more. When pressing Q for the favorites menu, highlight your spell/item and press the key you want to set.

Ah thanks 1-8 isn't so bad, kinda wished you could hotkey your weapons to 1-8 and your spells on the F keys does the mod have that?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ah thanks 1-8 isn't so bad, kinda wished you could hotkey your weapons to 1-8 and your spells on the F keys does the mod have that?

I believe it allows you to use a shift+modifier, or whatever you'd like to set. I forget what it's called, but it's on Skyrim Nexus.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm at level 40, 12 words of power, Thane of Markarth, pretty much have the southwest side of the map completed. Still haven't started the main story, but I have begun the Thieves' Guild quest chain.

I'm at level 42, and mapped out all the major roads and sideroads and talked with most of the NPCs. I'm putting off the main story too, partly because I didn't want to deal with random Dragon attacks while exploring Skyrim. I've completed a shitload of miscellaneous quests, but very few 'major' quests at this point. I've leveled-up as a 'jack-of-all-trades' (abilities, not perks) in an attempt to maximize the potential of the leveling system, mostly by training in whatever my weakest ability is-except for two-handed and heavy armor, which I've ignored as useless to my light-armored and shield-wielding playstyle.

I think I'll save the main story for second to last (behind the civil war questline) during my non-evil playthrough; so far, even Morrowind seems to have had more leeway in that regard than Skyrim, and even the non-evil factions seem to contain less options for navigating morally dubious quests without committing vile acts. For instance, one should be able to convince the shop-owners to pay protection money by anonymously stealing from them, rather than being forced into openly bullying and physically threatening them.

oneirocriticism

Permabanned
MBTI Type
heha
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp
This game is truly incredible, i just checked and i've already logged 74+ hours of gameplay in skyrim and i feel like i've only scratched the surface :shock: although idk how much afk time that includes.

My character is Tiberius and he's a wood elf assassin/theif. I have the most perks and marksman and sneak, and must admit i feel pretty badass walking through dungeons undetected onehitting everything. I hope to pick up some magic play too as well as accomplish this game until full completion :D but i'd say i'm only hittin about 22% completion currently

Seriously there is not more bang for your 60 bucks out there. Epicism redefined.

crayons

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm waiting a few months before grabbing Skyrim. Ever since Daggerfall Bethesda games on release are buggy like no other. It does look promising atmosphere-wise compared to Oblivion.

KDude

I'm waiting a few months before grabbing Skyrim. Ever since Daggerfall Bethesda games on release are buggy like no other. It does look promising atmosphere-wise compared to Oblivion.

If you have a 360, it's not that buggy. I've heard many complaints from PS3 and PC users though.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
If you have a 360, it's not that buggy. I've heard many complaints from PS3 and PC users though.

Yeah, just keep a save file every ten hours or so, and there shouldn't be any game-breaking problems (though its worth mentioning that the only faction questlines I've completed so far are the Bard's College* and the Mage's College).

*the fact that you can't get rid of those musical instruments is annoying, but hardly impactful-especially once you find the 'Steed' stone (my personal favorite).