• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Your black lesbian couldn't even find my Imperial rogue...until she's cobbered by his ebony mace (with a combined +60 wielding bonus on top of a 100 one-handed ability!).

Oh yeah!? My black lesbian is a skooma addict and would simply kite your Imperial rogue with her increased athletics ability while killing his ass long-distance with chain lightning.

KDude

Oh yeah!? My black lesbian is a skooma addict and would simply kite your Imperial rogue with her increased athletics ability while killing his ass long-distance with chain lightning.

Redguard? What is their racial bonus anyways?

My dude is "default Blonde Nord" + Warpaint.

Actually, that's a lie... I spent way too much time creating my character.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Redguard? What is their racial bonus anyways?

My dude is "default Blonde Nord" + Warpaint.

Actually, that's a lie... I spent way too much time creating my character.

Resist poison 50% and adrenaline rush (stamina regeneration increased for one minute each day.)

KDude

Resist poison 50% and adrenaline rush (stamina regeneration increased for one minute each day.)

That's cool..

I think they're the best designed/looking race (humans at least). I was just too tempted to play a Nord in this game.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
That's cool..

I think they're the best designed/looking race (humans at least). I was just too tempted to play a Nord in this game.

Haha, I always play a non-majority race. So in Morrowind I played a Nord, in Oblivion I played a Dark Elf, and in Skyrim I'm playing a Redguard.

You know what? I was a bit disappointed with the look of the Argonians in this game. Why do they look like ghoulies?

ghoulie1.jpg

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP

Pshaw! My rogue would simply block the chain lightning with his 50% magic resistant, +35 blocking glass shield untill she runs out of magic.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP

Pshaw! My rogue would simply block the chain lightning with his 50% magic resistant, +35 blocking glass shield untill she runs out of magic.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Ha! Do you think my black lesbian goes around fighting people without at least 50 potions of plentiful magicka?

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Haha, I always play a non-majority race. So in Morrowind I played a Nord, in Oblivion I played a Dark Elf, and in Skyrim I'm playing a Redguard.

You know what? I was a bit disappointed with the look of the Argonians in this game. Why do they look like ghoulies?

ghoulie1.jpg

The Redguards actually seem to be the only other race that Nords generally respect (which makes sense, considering their cultural similarities and their equivalent position against the Thalmor and the Empire).

As for the Argonians, its probably because a bunch of people complained that the Oblivion races looked too 'human', which is also probably why we get Dunmer women with neanderthal eyebrows and Altmer women with male-pattern baldness.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The Redguards actually seem to be the only other race that Nords generally respect (which makes sense, considering their cultural similarities and their equivalent position against the Thalmor and the Empire).

Yeah, mine doesn't seem to experience any racism. Not even in Windhelm.

As for the Argonians, its probably because a bunch of people complained that the Oblivion races looked too 'human', which is also probably why we get Dunmer women with neanderthal eyebrows and Altmer women with male-pattern baldness.

:laugh: Well, they do all generally look better than they did in Oblivion. I spent an hour in character creation trying to de-uglify my dark elf and it didn't work.

Still...the baldness is true.

267-1-1321397717.png

KDude

I guess I'm "partly" playing a minority... I'm Nord, but I ended up siding with Imperials.

Besides being blonde, he looks kind of unique. I gave red facepaint and emerald green eyes, so he kind of looks dragon like. Or at least, he's trying. Heh. I can't screenshot on my console though.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I guess I'm "partly" playing a minority... I'm Nord, but I ended up siding with Imperials.

If it wasn't for the Thalmor, I'd side with the Imperial faction (their Jarls and would-be Jarls generally make better, not to mention less racist, administrators); after I heard about Hammerfall's success against the Thalmor, however, I decided that an independent Skyrim has a better chance against the Thalmor than a united Empire that lacks the will to fight.

Incidentally, I just wiped out the Nazi elves who had imprisoned the Gray-mane fellow....I wonder if that will have any repercussions?

KDude

If it wasn't for the Thalmor, I'd side with the Imperial faction (their Jarls and would-be Jarls generally make better, not to mention less racist, administrators); after I heard about Hammerfall's success against the Thalmor, however, I decided that an independent Skyrim has a better chance against the Thalmor than a united Empire that lacks the will to fight.

Incidentally, I just wiped out the Nazi elves who had imprisoned the Gray-mane fellow....I wonder if that will have any repercussions?

I figured that with my character on the Imperial's side, things will change. I mean, I guess any side you pick is probably the right choice in a way.. it depends more on you.

Or so I think.

But yeah, like you said, the Jarl's on the imperial side are cooler. Plus, the empire was founded by Nords - might as well not let it fall apart. Also, it helps that I get not only a BSG voice actor, but a Babylon 5 voice actor to boot. j/k What do the Stormcloacks get? Some Russian dude I've never heard of.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I personally

G

Ginkgo

I think the skill perk trees give the player a chance at exploiting the synergy between different skills, but unfortunately hybrid play-styles are hampered by the player's commitment in choosing between Health, Magicka, or Stamina. If your character is to excel, it should specialize into 2 or 3 skills with the corresponding base attribute. But don't let me tell you how to play your game.

KDude

I think the skill perk trees give the player a chance at exploiting the synergy between different skills, but unfortunately hybrid play-styles are hampered by the player's commitment in choosing between Health, Magicka, or Stamina. If your character is to excel, it should specialize into 2 or 3 skills with the corresponding base attribute. But don't let me tell you how to play your game.

I don't know about that. Warriors make good use of Health/Stam balance. Especially shield users... you don't even need that much health with one, or heavy armor for that matter. Basically the character from the trailer, or a 300 style Warrior. Having more stam for weapon and shield power attacks is good.

G

Ginkgo

I don't know about that. Warriors make good use of Health/Stam balance. Especially shield users... you don't even need that much health with one, or heavy armor for that matter. Basically the character from the trailer, or a 300 style Warrior. Having more stam for weapon and shield power attacks is good.

Of course. In fact I'm playing a character like that right now. But a battle-mage who rations out Health/Stam/Magicka may not have enough magicka to conjure up master level spells on par with a mage by endgame (whenever... or wherever that is, considering the level scaling follows you from one grid on the map to the next).