• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

About Singing Technique...

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Is it difficult to learn?

I'm thinking of finding a hobby and would like to improve my singing skill (I'm a terrible singer btw!)

Anyone got any tips?

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually I couldn't afford to get any singing lesson and I'm just asking if anyone bump into any good sites that offer constructive singing techniques. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been singing since I was a very small child, my dad was a musician, and I remember watching singers on television for their mouth and vocal tension in holding out notes. There is a lot of mouth control involved and I observed this from the age of five or six.

HOWEVER, what is even more important than that is singing from your soul, or what most people technically call the diaphragm. Natural inclination and years of choral training taught me that the most important thing you can do is take deep breaths and project from deep inside yourself, it makes your voice stronger and richer, and less likely to crack.

No one can give you an "ear" for music, but you can learn to sing from the place where your lungs and your tummy connect. It has to come from deep down within yourself, both physically and emotionally. Confidence helps in this matter. If not confident, loud showers and isolated vehicles can be used as practice zones. I also suggest the woods, and when you're home alone.

It feels great to take deep breaths and sing from far down inside of yourself. It has to come from there.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've been singing since I was a very small child, my dad was a musician, and I remember watching singers on television for their mouth and vocal tension in holding out notes. There is a lot of mouth control involved and I observed this from the age of five or six.

HOWEVER, what is even more important than that is singing from your soul, or what most people technically call the diaphragm. Natural inclination and years of choral training taught me that the most important thing you can do is take deep breaths and project from deep inside yourself, it makes your voice stronger and richer, and less likely to crack.

No one can give you an "ear" for music, but you can learn to sing from the place where your lungs and your tummy connect. It has to come from deep down within yourself, both physically and emotionally. Confidence helps in this matter. If not confident, loud showers and isolated vehicles can be used as practice zones. I also suggest the woods, and when you're home alone.

It feels great to take deep breaths and sing from far down inside of yourself. It has to come from there.

Wow, thanks for so much tips! I realized singing has a lot to do with confidence. Which is one of the reasons why I want to give it a try. Endless and directionless job hunt has really lowered my self-confidence and that I just need a new zest injected in my life at this point.

I don't have a car and the place I'm renting is flat sharing with 2 flat mates who I barely see them, so singing at home won't be an option for me. Though I do consider practice my singing on top of a mountain as it's not that far from here.

Thanks for the tips once again! I know I'm no chanteuse but I just felt like doing something positive to lift my spirit up a bit. :)

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Record yourself and listen, as painful as it is. The most important part is having an accurate idea yourself of what you sound like.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree with Gish's suggestion. I used to do that when I was younger.