• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Describe your perfect video game.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As topic!

Mine is a huge sandbox RPG, with a livid and dynamic 3d world like the Elder Scrolls worlds but even bigger and more interactive. A massive amount of side quests, varying from small ones to huge ones, filled with secrets both menial and impressive. Where all NPC live out there lives, go from place to place, procreate, with large monsters causing deaths and attacking towns that you can save, or not, where things don't respawn, where there are more than one main quest to save, or destroy, the world, and filled with lore, books, and epic storylines, all in a steampunk vs magic world. And there has to be a decent co-op option so you can play with up to a few friends, where your character creation is huge, but also scales, where you will obviously have a better chance defeating a monster at a higher level but am not completely useless at a low level. Where you can create contraptions using parts, or weave spells and train them to your liking. But a world in which nothing is overpowered and death is permanent. Where there are no quest markers but just vague rumors or information you can gather on locations and items and have to find yourself. With near unbeatable puzzles and secrets that can not be seen by the casual eye.

A game you can technically finish after much much time, but then can replay it again and again and the world is never the same depending on your actions.

A game where you can play anything from a psychopath to an angelic passive all-loving super good person that never kills or slays anything, and still be able to beat the quests.

Kind of like a mix of many current games and a little bit more.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I've always wanted a mage game that dealt with creating your own rituals (like creating your own symbols and using your own ingredients as well as language which I mention next) and spells, as well as creating your own language to interact with the spell casting and movements adding kinect and other motion devices into the mix.

G

Ginkgo

As topic!

Mine is a huge sandbox RPG, with a livid and dynamic 3d world like the Elder Scrolls worlds but even bigger and more interactive. A massive amount of side quests, varying from small ones to huge ones, filled with secrets both menial and impressive. Where all NPC live out there lives, go from place to place, procreate, with large monsters causing deaths and attacking towns that you can save, or not, where things don't respawn, where there are more than one main quest to save, or destroy, the world, and filled with lore, books, and epic storylines, all in a steampunk vs magic world. And there has to be a decent co-op option so you can play with up to a few friends, where your character creation is huge, but also scales, where you will obviously have a better chance defeating a monster at a higher level but am not completely useless at a low level. Where you can create contraptions using parts, or weave spells and train them to your liking. But a world in which nothing is overpowered and death is permanent. Where there are no quest markers but just vague rumors or information you can gather on locations and items and have to find yourself. With near unbeatable puzzles and secrets that can not be seen by the casual eye.

A game you can technically finish after much much time, but then can replay it again and again and the world is never the same depending on your actions.

A game where you can play anything from a psychopath to an angelic passive all-loving super good person that never kills or slays anything, and still be able to beat the quests.

Kind of like a mix of many current games and a little bit more.

This is the kind of game you play with a urine pan and an IV to sustain you for the rest of your life

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the kind of game you play with a urine pan and an IV to sustain you for the rest of your life

Lol, that's pushing it, but what if you're forcibly stuck with a UV and a urine pan. Wouldn't it be great to have a game like that to keep you busy? Hmm? ;)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
“I’m afraid the holodeck will be society’s last invention.”
-- Scott Adams (Dilbert)

Probably a lot of truth to this...

gotohell

for me the description of the perfect game is the perfect game and i know its not gonna happen like ever but the perfect game is the game in which you can do anything,you can change is by your self,do your own story,it has to have the greatest graphics ever imagined,it has to let you create a multiplayer server online,and whatever else you can imagine in a video game.basicly this game needs to have everything.
:newwink:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
When the Wii came out I was very excited, because I thought a 4 player online co-op first person dungeon crawler/Diablo clone in either a fantasy universe [warriors, rogues, mages, archers] or perhaps the Star Wars universe [Wii motion plus lightsaber combat and force powers OMG] was all but inevitable and take over my life.

But then I remembered Nintendo stopped making games for people over 10 and their platform became a trashcan for shitty shovelware.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
One that allows total personalization of the character (appearance, role, job, etc.), freedom of actions, and other real players to interact with. Remember those games like Monkey Island and Hugo's Haunted House of Horrors where you had to type in stuff like "Pick up pumpkin" and "Get key from pumpkin"? Well, I'd like to "Throw pumpkin at Igor" and have it happen with consequences.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One that allows total personalization of the character (appearance, role, job, etc.), freedom of actions, and other real players to interact with. Remember those games like Monkey Island and Hugo's Haunted House of Horrors where you had to type in stuff like "Pick up pumpkin" and "Get key from pumpkin"? Well, I'd like to "Throw pumpkin at Igor" and have it happen with consequences.

Monkey island has always been mouse oriented actually, but I know the games you talk about, space quest 1-3 for example. Fun fun!

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I'd love a sand-box RPG type game, as well. Something with a futuristic space but kind of old west feel (think a little steampunkesque and a little like the setting in the Firefly TV series). Something with lots of planets to travel to and spaceships and weapons all with different "feels" about them. You can upgrade your spaceship to be more on the "flying house" front or "battle ship" front - depending on the type of gameplay you'd like to experience. Or you can design your own ship to be a combination of anything. And have cool futuristic weapons that are a little hard to get used to at first, but gradually grow on you until you never knew how you completed a mission before them. Same goes with the ships and fighter pods or whatever else you want to be in control of.

As far as missions go, lots of different, intricate storylines that are really GOOD. No crappy writing. Surprise twists are always welcome.

But I don't want the playability of the game to revolve around the central storyline. It'd be cool to have a solid multiplayer/online interaction aspect to it. And, barring that, then just really good interaction with different NPCs (and NPCs with a lot of stories on their own). I like games that are more story and strategy than just a whole bunch of shooting (though it IS a really fun part I definitely can't overlook). Throw some puzzles in there and some mystery and I'd say that's a pretty perfect game.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Although your game seems pretty perfect, too.

I suppose there can be multiple "perfects." :D

KDude

Close to perfect would be an upgrade to the old Wing Commander series (space combat ala X-Wing vs Tie Fighter), but taken further in the direction of adventure/roleplaying.. like Bioware's multipath dialoging, etc.. Maybe even land missions like Mass Effect while we're at it.

Oh yeah.. and I get to be a pirate. I don't want to be some crewcut space marine. Still a hero though..

Also, another idea I had for a game would be somewhat based on that Heath Ledger movie about Casanova. Except it'd be more comical like the old Leisure Suit Larry games. At the same time, it'd look like Assassin's Creed, with a whole detailed Venice setting. Except there wouldn't be any big world saving mission.. Just perverted antics, and escaping out of windows. It's said that the real Casanova managed to once seduce even a nun. That sounds like a fun game level.

Silveresque

Tales of Symphonia is the perfect game for me. It had amazing characters, an amazing storyline with plenty of plot twists, great music, and a really fun battle system. I loved it so much that as soon as I beat it, I played it again. Now if only someone could create another video game masterpiece on that level.